Become a Patron!

Help a brother get started!

Hey guys,

So I'm new to vaping. I recently got a Vuse cig-a-like thingy from a Camel rep at a bar for free, and I enjoyed it, but didn't really want to keep going with it because it offered no variety in terms of flavor (2 choices) and I know the experience can get a lot better if you invest in a better set up. I have also always really enjoyed hookah, too, and vaping to me almost seems like a superior form of hookah in a way. I am posting to ask about recommendations for purchasing my first set up. Here are some facts that might help you to help me:
  • I'm not a "smoker-turned-vaper." In other words, I don't really have a cigarette addiction that I am looking to curb by vaping instead. I do smoke cigs, but I do so very infrequently. I would plan on getting eJuices that are nicotine free and low nicotine. I am going mainly for experience, clouds, and taste.
  • I want a set up that is at least mid-high quality and will put out a lot of vapor. Please don't recommend a starter kit because I know that I like this and am willing to drop some $ on it. My max budget is somewhere in the $100-$150 range.
  • That being said, I would prefer something relatively low maintenance. From what I've gathered via research, it seems like a lot of this stuff can be extremely customizable. That might be cool for me later down the road, but for right now I would like something a little easier to set up and maintain.
If there is any other info I can offer that would help, lemme know and I'll provide it! Thank you, I really appreciate the help! :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been real happy with my Aspire Nautilus powered by a eLeaf iStick. I have only had to replace the coils, every 5 weeks or so, and replace the glass tank when I drop it on hard floors. Both are easy to replace. And right now you can get both for under $60.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eleaf istick 30 or 50, and a Kanger subtank mini or a lemo. Run you about 60-$70. Start making your own juice. The stuff you buy at shops or over the internet is overpriced shit.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I also recommend the Istick... have a 20 right now, and ordering a 50. Running a Fogger with it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd go with the iStick 50, and a Kanger Subtank Mini. The iStick gives you some more power, if needed. The Kanger Subtank Mini comes with a RBA, when you decide to make your own coils, instead of buying the replacement coil heads.

thanks everyone I really appreciate the advice! I think I am going to get an iStick 50w because I keep coming across that again and again from different sources (even the guy at my local shop recommended it), but still unsure about the tank. good stuff :D

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
check out vapeNW. They usually have the best prices, from what I've seen. They sell the 30 for 29.99 and the 50 for 39.99

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
update: just ordered the iStick 50w, Kanger Subtank mini, and 18mL of Bombies Seven Seas from myvaporstore.com for just under $80! fuckin' stoked!
Cool! Let us know how you like it.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
update: just ordered the iStick 50w, Kanger Subtank mini, and 18mL of Bombies Seven Seas from myvaporstore.com for just under $80! fuckin' stoked!
MyVaporStore was one of my first suppliers. I like MVS.

VU Sponsors