Become a Patron!

Hello! I'm a flavor chaser, and I need YOUR input!

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally get what you mean, I've tried some silly builds and failed miserably many times trying to be too adventurous in small spaces in RTAs and hybrid RTAs like Kanger Subtank Mini. But I was able to squeeze a fused clapton of 30 gauge nichrome cores (2) and 40 gauge nichrome wrap at 2.0 mm diameter with 6 wraps in there. It vapes like a champ with flavor that probably rivals my other RTAs that i've read meant for "flavor chasing"

After this long thread - what are you thinking about getting so far?

Since I'm such a picky consumer, I'm not sure yet.

The Sub ohm tank WILL be the Uwell Crown. I'm also going to order the Triton coils for my atlantis as per someones recommendation on this thread.

For the RTA...I'm thinking Goblin or Silverplay, which were what I was thinking months back when I almost purchased a new RTA

As for the RDA, that's the one I'm least sure of. I want a flavor chaser...but I ALSO want it to have the brick center post, AND screws that won't strip easy. I'll have to keep researching

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are the big difference with the Goblin and the Bellus? (Besides the size?) isn't the Goblin a PITA to refill?
really the only thing they have in common is the maker.
Goblin. - airflow from under the coil, bottom fill form the bottom like a kayfun, 4 post deck
Bellus- airflow from the side, like an RDA- top fill-2 post design.
goblin
tumblr_nisnwc4vSd1sjzkino1_1280.jpg

Belus
af9aa6be1d0b3b6450a8584c4d082869.jpg

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are completely dis-similar in almost every way.
The G-Mini is a flavor machine, best for MTL vaping.

Thanks I'm guess since both are RTAs, I wasn't sure about the big differences. I have a Bellus on the way and picked it over the Goblin min bcuz I read a lot of very mixed reviews on it.

really the only thing they have in common is the maker.
Goblin. - airflow from under the coil, bottom fill form the bottom like a kayfun, 4 post deck
Bellus- airflow from the side, like an RDA- top fill-2 post design.
goblin
tumblr_nisnwc4vSd1sjzkino1_1280.jpg

Belus
af9aa6be1d0b3b6450a8584c4d082869.jpg

Got it and thanks

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It boils down to one question... Do you MTL inhale or direct lung?
Already saw ur comment on the noob thread. Yep...looks like the Goblin probably would fit the bill for me. LOLOL

Lionheart2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my experience so far, I've tried a few different tanks and rda's.
The kanger subohm are just too restrictive on airflow but give a nice flavour, not the best as they run lower watts.
The tfv4 is nice, but very airy and works really good for clouds, but not so much flavour.
The Uwell Crown tank I find best for flavour and clouds, a nice balance.
Out of the half dozen or so rda's, the plume veil wins for flavour compared to velocity, twisted messes, derringer, freakshow mini.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For RDA "The Cera" best flavor I've ever had. Full ceramic, bottom flow and top holes.

Wow, just looked at the dates of this post. For some reason Tapatalk through it up top. Sorry

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Basically, I'm a flavor chaser, and I am in looking to buy a few new vape toys. I currently vape exclusively on two sub-ohm tanks....the Aspire Atlantis, and the Horizon Arctic. While I do enjoy both tanks fairly well, I crave more flavor.

Since vaping to me is both a hobby and a pleasure, I plan on getting , among other things, 3 new delivery devices. One new RTA, one new RDA, and one now sub-ohm tank. This is where I need advice. Coming from the perspective of a FLAVOR CHASER....I need to know what everything thinks is currently the BiC (Best in Class) at the moment.

I am not rich, so therefore I AM limited by price point. I am not looking to spend more than $50 on any individual device.

So, here we go. In YOUR opinion, can you please list the 3 recommendations you would give for BEST RTA, BEST sub-ohm tank, and Best RDA (for FLAVOR. All for FLAVOR):

Rda: Kennedy 22 or Nectar Nano
RDTA: Haze Dripper Tank Clone
RTA: Bellus
Coils: Fused Clapton

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ojkay - I have the aromamizer and the bellus. Bellus has better flavor. It is no contest. If you want a tank with pre-made coils get the Council of Vapor vengeance tank. Flavor is even better than the bellus. I also own the crown and the TFV4. The crown has the better flavor. Strangely I still use my kanger tank with the RBA and enjoy it. Sometimes you do not want to vape at above 30 watts.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ojkay - I have the aromamizer and the bellus. Bellus has better flavor. It is no contest. If you want a tank with pre-made coils get the Council of Vapor vengeance tank. Flavor is even better than the bellus. I also own the crown and the TFV4. The crown has the better flavor. Strangely I still use my kanger tank with the RBA and enjoy it. Sometimes you do not want to vape at above 30 watts.

I often use my Kanger with RBA when I'm visiting friends. The vapor is much less alarming, and the fact that the flavor isn't quite up to par with the Crown doesn't matter when I'm busy talking:p

VU Sponsors