Become a Patron!

Hello from NC

UntamedShrew

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had my last cigarette on December 27th. The day that I opened the gift of a Kanger ProTank setup from my brother in Florida. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to quit smoking for years. This is the first time that I feel like it will stick! I found my local vape shop, bought an eLeaf to go with my tank, and immediately set up my two smoking children with eLeaf batteries and Nautilus tanks.

My daughter is still struggling with the switch, but at least she doesn't smoke around my three year old granddaughter anymore. (I'm only 46. Yes, I'm too young.) My son lives with me while he is taking college classes. He and I have quickly moved on to making our own liquid. He is jonesing for a rebuildable atty, saving his money and doing his research.

I, on the other hand, appreciate all the mods, but am happy with my current setup and messing around with flavors. This forum is a diy-ers dream! So glad I found you!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Congrats on quitting the Stinkies!

And I fully realize that there are a lot of mods out there to be "appreciated":D

But as long as you are happy with the gear you have that is the only thing that really matters!

And if you son is wanting to get into RBA's good for him. You can get some really decent clones for under $15. Another $6 for a 100' spool of Kanthal and then some wicking material and some tools that likely you already have or can be purchased cheaply he is in business. And it is a lot cheaper than purchasing replaceable coil heads.

UntamedShrew

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your response and your info! I am going to share that with him and point him to this forum. The setup you mentioned sounds more than affordable and we can set him on his way.

Meanwhile, vaping some Apple Pie today and enjoying it ;-)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU, Good to have you here

VU Sponsors