Become a Patron!

Hello from Houston!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello everyone! My name is William (AntDog on here) and I would like to introduce myself and get to know each and every one of you better! I am 40 years old, into guns, knives, harleys (I am a biker, since birth practically). and of course vaping.

I have an interesting story to tell about how I got into vaping: I smoked from age 14 until I was 26. I quit when I was 26 by tapering off until I was down to 2 cigs a day, then finally quitting. I started back up again at age 35. I started working at a job with night shift hours, where everybody smoked, and lots of downtime...

I am the supervisor where I work and a guy named Colt started working there with me. I started bumming cigs from him on occasion, and stubbing them out and saving the snipes. I was smoking the snipes at home. I eventually bought a pack and was back smoking...

Well, Colt and me eventually became the best of friends. He quit smoking with a vape when he got bronchitis about 6 months ago. He doesn't smoke when he's sick, so he had a good start of about a week of not smoking. Then he just jumped right into vaping.

All this past 6 months he kept vaping and I kept smoking. Until this past Christmas!

He kept having me try his vape. Asking which flavors I liked, etc. I had no idea what was in store.

He gave me a vape for a Christmas gift. At first I was like "yeah, that's cool, I'm gonna go have a cigarette", but I made a deal with him. I told him when I ran out of cigarettes I'd try the vape.

I did, and I haven't looked back. I don't miss cigarettes at all. My friend saved my life. Best Christmas gift ever!

Last edited:

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU William. Nice intro. It's strange about going from analogs to ecigs. I thought well it has to have a tobacco flavor in order for me to even want to try it and I found I didn't care for the tobacco flavored ejuice and I got hooked on peaches and cream as my first ejuice.

Sold my bike about 2 years ago and missing it something fierce, I think the analogs stunted my growth. :)

Nah, I wasn't able to find time to ride and keep my skills up so when I did get on I wasn't riding the best and was getting stupid so it was just a matter of time before something would have happened so I let her go knowing I still had responsibilities like in the pic. Once he is off on his own though I'm thinking I am seeing a Victory or a Dana wide in my future.

Last edited:

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You say your into guns as well.

Here is one of me having fun with one of my toys.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy AntDog,

Heck, I may already know ya from a range or a biker event or sump'n. Good on ya for ditching the stank sticks and welcome to the party.

I don't do Harley, but I got no problem associat'n with them that do. Making a run to Austin for a Wrist Slam'n Tourney on the 24th and staying for Legislative Day on Monday. Momma says she'll warm it up by then. Prolly running a pack of 10-20; you're welcome to roll.

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU, It's always good to hear of someone getting off the cigs.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! And nice pictures too!

Drone - nice bike and FAL!

dred - I may take you up on that. Let me look into my schedule. I'll get back to you.

Here's a pic of the setup my buddy gave me. I feel like this thing saved my life:

And here's a size comparison of that one next to what I'm using now. IMO, the iStick with the mini nautilus is a winning combo!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! And nice pictures too!

Drone - nice bike and FAL!

Thanks the bike it gone but the FAL is still my baby. I ripped the AIS off the bike and put a power commander III in her.

The FAL is a build of my own, I bought a premium STG FAL kit back when they first started showing up so I got an extremely nice one and freaked her with an Imbel receiver, God I miss building them. I use to do parkerizing so I bead blasted her down to the white and gave her a beautiful finish. For a semi it is a tack driver but even as much as I like her I still love my bolt guns more, I had a nice mauser (not military conversion) that I screwed up and let a friend talk me out of, if I could kick my own arse I would for letting that one go.

Last edited:

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Howdy AntDog,

Heck, I may already know ya from a range or a biker event or sump'n. Good on ya for ditching the stank sticks and welcome to the party.

I don't do Harley, but I got no problem associat'n with them that do. Making a run to Austin for a Wrist Slam'n Tourney on the 24th and staying for Legislative Day on Monday. Momma says she'll warm it up by then. Prolly running a pack of 10-20; you're welcome to roll.

Hey dred - can you send me a little more info on that ride man? Kickstands up at what time and where, etc.? I'm seriously considering taggin along. My wife even said she'd go if that's cool...

Here's my email addy:

[email protected]

Thanks! And I really hope I can get together with y'all.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to vu

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey dred - can you send me a little more info on that ride man? Kickstands up at what time and where, etc.? I'm seriously considering taggin along. My wife even said she'd go if that's cool...

Here's my email addy:

[email protected]

Thanks! And I really hope I can get together with y'all.

Will do. Wife is definitely welcome. I don't have KSU time yet, but can send you info as soon as I get to the other side of my work day.

Edit: Still don't have KSU information ... with the threat of weather the Road Captain is delaying the decision 'cause we will leave a bigger buffer and stick to easier roads if we are riding in the rain.

Last edited:

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds great! My ol lady is really excited to go. She hasn't been out on the bike in a while. Just lemme know whenever you can.

Kaleidoscope71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there :)

"...haven't looked back. I don't miss cigarettes at all. My friend saved my life. Best Christmas gift ever!"
Glad to hear that! I know what you mean too. My battery was charging and I thought, well I haven't had a cig in over 24 hrs, so why not? Better than a pack! As soon as I lit up I handed it off! It tasted awful!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah, if I even smell smoke now I instantly feel a little sick... Yet strangely still crave one. That's when I just vape like crazy and I'm straight.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi William. And welcome here. Congratulations for giving up on smoking. That smells bad right?:D

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground Bill. It's great to have you:) Thanks for sharing your story. We are all on our separate journeys in life and once in a rare while true and unexpected blessings cross our paths, thanks to Colt and his unconditional gift to you you're a free man now. Continue to stab forward with your engine oiled and your visor clear.

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another guy from the houston area, im down by kemah!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the Underground Bill. It's great to have you:) Thanks for sharing your story. We are all on our separate journeys in life and once in a rare while true and unexpected blessings cross our paths, thanks to Colt and his unconditional gift to you you're a free man now. Continue to stab forward with your engine oiled and your visor clear.
I haven't checked back on this thread in quite a while. That was great! I WILL continue to stab forward with my engine oiled and my visor clear! Lol - it's all I can do.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am an avid biker myself although due to some financial difficulties last year I'm bikeless at the moment. Cool story man. I bet in 10 years half of smokers will be vaping.

VU Sponsors