Become a Patron!

Hello Forum Vapingunderground.com

Art85

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hello! I'm new to your forum, but I'm not a beginner in vaping. I dropped cigarettes about a year ago and I don't regret it, but started smoking again. Why did I come to your forum? I was wondering how the world's live and communicate people who quit smoking. I hope that with your help, I will quit smoking forever!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Art :cheers:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome Art. Don’t count the ones you smoke, count the ones you don't smoke. If you fall of the wagon just jump back on. Stressing over it will simply make you want another. Vaping is the crutch not the cure, you have to exert some will power. It does get much easier as time goes on.:)

Art85

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome Art. Don’t count the ones you smoke, count the ones you don't smoke. If you fall of the wagon just jump back on. Stressing over it will simply make you want another. Vaping is the crutch not the cure, you have to exert some will power. It does get much easier as time goes on.
Hello and thank you! I understand that smoking will kill me and exert all my strength to throw cigarettes!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and thank you! I understand that smoking will kill me and exert all my strength to throw cigarettes!
Just relax. Many of us dual used for a while. The vaping kind of naturally takes over once you find a setup and juice you enjoy. For me it was a Kanger Subtank Mini and istick 30w, 24mg juice lemon or coffee flavors. I finally simply decided to not buy anymore smokes. First couple weeks were pretty rough but it passed.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
Best of luck to you! Stay strong- you can do this!
I set a quit date- gave myself 2 weeks to cut back- then quit cigarettes- was it tough for me? It was, but almost 4 years later I remain cigarette free.
Hey we all quit cigarettes our own way and on our own time tables- this was my way.
:wave:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
^^^ So true, the variety of everyone's different journey is still fascinating to me.

This is where my stubborn personality came in handy- I really was so over cigarettes, no way was I letting them control my life anymore, they are not friends or comfort - Like any bad relationship- I had to kick them out of my life!
I quit while my hubby still smokes- just reinforces how much I hate cigarettes and no desire to ever smoke again.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Everyone's quit will be different, don't stress over dual using. Like @Letitia9 said, don't count the cigs you smoke, count the ones you don't. We'll be here for you!

Sorry to hear about that you back to the smoking again. And now looking for something which can be useful for yourself to quit smoking forever. I have had the same issue. And finally bought few accessories from a vendor recently https://bigdaddysmoke.com/ You can try this if you are interested. Thanks!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello! I'm new to your forum, but I'm not a beginner in weiping. I dropped cigarettes about a year ago and I don't regret it, but started smoking again. Why did I come to your forum? I was wondering how the world's live and communicate people who quit smoking. I hope that with your help, I will quit smoking forever!!!

Glad you joined and are ready to quit -

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Took me about 3 weeks, give or take, to finally put cigs down. Toward the end, I had to make it inconvenient to smoke. I left them in my car, left them in my locker at work, putting effort toward not having them next to me. At first I thought I'd run right to where I left them, but I surprised myself. I found I did ok without them, even though I told myself I could still smoke. By that point, they were tasting nasty to me. I was preferring the vape.

Hang tough, we're all here and have been there. Welcome to VU :wave:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome aboard!!!
It took me about a month to completely quit. But, I did so by spending my entire monthly cigarette budget on vape gear, leaving no money to allow me to backtrack.
After that I still got the urge to smoke for a while. I had to avoid bars, and the smoke areas I used to go to. After a few months I was able to slowly go back to those areas without being “tempted.” Quitting smoking altogether was certainly not easy; but, it was easier with the vaping than it was with any of the patches or gum I had tried previously. Like anything, you have to forgive yourself when you backtrack, and keep moving forward. I did try a cigarette about 6 months to a year after I had stopped. I was at a party, and had a few more drinks than normal. O took on puff and wondered how I ever developed a habit for it...
You’ll get it!

Best of luck to you!!!

Art85

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much for your support :inlove:!!! It is very nice that there are people who understand the problem and do not laugh at the person who decided to quit smoking! I will definitely find the strength to quit smoking and not die of cancer. Don't let that happen at once, but I'll be sure to get this !!!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum :wave:

What I would suggest is at first use the vape when you are watching TV or doing something where it would normally be a nuisance to go and smoke.

A lot of times people who go all or nothing get less than favorable results.

Since you already successfully quit using vaping once before you more than likely know your vaping likes and dislikes.

Knowing what style of vaping you like (MTL or DTL), what type of devices you like (Tanks, RTA's RDAs, etc...), as well as the flavors you prefer in advance will save you months (even years) of time and thousands of dollars.;)

VU Sponsors