Hello - Come on in, Poke Around a Bit

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to Absolute-Wood on VU! Some of you may know me as renderwerks over on that other forum...

(New: we make MODs now!)

We make Vape Stands of many shapes, sizes & material types. Mainly of woods (wood's awesome- it rocks) of both Domestic (USA) and many exotic types from around the world. We have also made stands of plastics that can be kept in the fridge - and thrown in the dishwasher!

For now, check out Absolute-Wood's website - there are many products available, galleries of previous custom holders created and much more. All the in stock holders on the website are individually numbered, so identifying an individual piece is as easy as remembering it's number. Even the previous in stock holders are available to view in the galleries, so they could be re ordered easily. The gallery of custom orders are also individually numbered for easy identification.

Soon, I'll create image galleries here, design & discussion threads, and more.

As I understand it, I'm one of the only vendors that readily accepts custom orders - I decided to take it one better and not charge for custom design work. The products are priced by size & materials used, with flocking (velvet like lining) or special features added on (non circular holes, trays, drawers, etc). Also, feel free to ask for minor changes in existing designs - if they're doable - I'm happy to make an adjustment for you - no charge.

A custom designed holder is easy to order too - we start with a gear list from you. You can give some ideas or direction on what shape or features you would like to have. I create a CAD drawing of at least two designs for you to consider. You can direct any changes you would like (your the boss of the engineering department right now), I'll make the changes and re-submit the drawings to you. When we get a design we like, decisions can be made about wood type(s) and flocking. That's it - we can generally take the price directly from the existing price lists on the website based on size and wood type(s).

I'll be here working on our forum off and on... lots of places online we have to be now! They all need attention and work. What did I get myself into?
  • A revolutionary device
  • A great community
  • Many great new acquaintances and friends
  • Sans tobacco pride!
  • The awesome combo of vaping and woodworking
  • Greater chance at a longer, happier life
Hope the same for my new vaping family -

Rick
no effin tobacco since June, 2009!

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a note, rant, whatever - it's important - many may have gotten the CASAA email about this.

My thoughts on the matter, you're welcome to use any or all of it if you like -

The measure that keeps existing vapor products on the market (Cole-Bishop amendment) is seriously being considered for the new fiscal year budget. This saves the vapor market and thousands of small American companies - notably mine. Millions of lives are at stake. Everyone will be affected. Our representatives need to hear from us.

Favorable data from scientific groups around the world is pouring in (consensus of 95% safer than smoking) and overwhelming the cries of those entities that will lose billions of dollars if vapor products are widely adopted as the safer alternative to tobacco use.

State governments receiving payments from large tobacco companies (Tobacco Master Settlement) and pharmaceutical companies making stop smoking aids will lose the most. The tobacco companies seem to know this is their future and are quietly supporting parts of the vapor industry.

Elimination of the vapor market will have a direct, negative impact on more than ten million individuals in the US, and many more will experience indirect negative consequences. More than 99% of the products will disappear from the market in August 2018 if this is allowed to transpire. Many jobs and small businesses lost, many who will reluctantly return to smoking. Removing the right to choose for future tobacco users. A billion people are expected to die from tobacco use this century. Vapor products might cut that number in half.

If this is "whined" or complained out of the budget by a group of politicians and activists, the possibility of the most profound boon to public health in decades or even centuries will be nearly choked from existence.

This seems the equivalent of ignoring the promise of great good coming from something new, not generally understood and almost magic like with it's ability to save lives - like penicillin.

We can't let money and power win this time, it hurts us all.

Rick Hageman
Absolute-Wood.com

VU Sponsors