Become a Patron!

Hello All and Introduction!

Opfor82nd

Member For 1 Year
New member, joined last week. I chewed tobacco just over twenty years and yes I still have all my teeth with no signs of mouth cancer or issues. I made sure I went to the dentist every 6 months for checkups and cleanings. Needless to say, I've been fortunate that I did not have issues due to chewing tobacco for so long. However, earlier this year, one of my co-workers introduced me to vaping. At first, I was skeptical because I wasn't a smoker and I thought it would cause issues, i.e. lungs, breathing and such. My co-worker was an avid chewer of tobacco as well but had quit and turned to vaping. I did all the research and even tried his mod at a low setting. To my amazement, it was different at first but I really liked it. So, I furthered my research on devices, reading up on vaping, juices and such. I also analyzed the cost savings versus how much I purchased in tobacco on a monthly basis. However, more importantly I realized that my health was the top priority and how fortunate I was to have not encountered any issues all the years using tobacco.

So, March 2018 I pulled the trigger and bought a Smok G-Priv 2 Lux kit. I wanted the capability of a mod that I could grow in my vaping adventure and simple to operate. Trying different flavors to see what I like was a great experience. The flavors is what really made this experience great. Since then, I have felt better, more energy, just all around much, much better. I have educated myself in asking questions, further researching on sites, videos, etc.. to gain more knowledge and experience. Two months into vaping, I switched from the Prince Tank to the Vaporesso Cascade Tank. I really enjoyed the difference in flavor between the two. Then I switched to mesh coils and was really blown away with the flavor difference. Over time, I started experiencing leaking, juice wasting and such. Of course, I would check everything, take everything apart, make sure seals and o-rings were good and if not changed them out. But still on occasion the mishap could come more frequently.

Finally, I started looking into the RTA realm. I purchase my first RTA and tool kit. I purchased the Augvape Intake by Mike Vapes. I'm really glad I made this decision. Truly a big difference in flavor and vaping experience. I never had thought that I would find myself going down a "rabbit hole" as one of the members here indicated (HeartsDelight)... LOL! But is a great hobby, a true fun experience and very enjoyable. I want to continue to learn more, i.e. coil building, etc..

Since I've started and my experience with vaping, I have help other friends and co-workers covert from tobacco to vaping. I do apologize for the long rant and being chatty but just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, share my experience, and how excited I am to be part of the vape community and to be a member of this site.

Thank you everyone and I look forward to learning more and the advice from other members here.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great intro good to have you on board Opfor :cheers:

The rabbit hole is indeed vast :bingo:

Glad to hear such a positively motivated interest and proactive approach to research and finding the facts for yourself, this is a very important and necessary step that I wish everyone knew to take.

Last edited:

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
For me too, it's the absolutely bewildering selection of flavors and the DIY options available that made me forget about tobacco.

In the course of 9 months, i have reduced my tobacco usage from 10-15 cigs a day to 5-6 a month... And yesterday I may have had my last one. I lit up a smoke, took 3 puffs then my brain said "this is crap". I threw it away and returned to my vape. A world of difference. :) Vaping is great.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Great story and I like the research you did. Check out the Builder's Corner to help out in your coil building.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Vaping is waaaay more fun than chewing tobacco. Look forward to having you.

VU Sponsors