Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone!

I have just bought my second vape yesterday and I am having some issues.
My first vape was a pen from iTaste (just wanted to get the hang of things)
Last night I bought the Kangertech Subox Mini.
I have been using it all night, and this morning, and it is giving me some major head pressure and pretty bad headache!
  • Using it on 22.2W
  • 0mg Nicotine
  • Tried three different juices (VG/PG)
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or has anyone had a similar situation?

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two things have given me headaches. Too much nicotine and too much pg. Since you're using 0mg nic I'm guessing it's the pg. PG sensitivity is common.
is there a solution to this or something I can try or do? i like my vape :(

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also nicotine withdrawal (similar to caffeine withdrawal). Did you smoke previously?

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also nicotine withdrawal (similar to caffeine withdrawal). Did you smoke previously?
I smoke but very, very little. I can go a day or two without cigarettes or there are days I can smoke like 3-4 a day. It varies. I smoke recreationally more than I do for addictive reasons. I have'nt done anything out of the ordinary between yesterday and today in terms of smoking.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been making my own juice for awhile so I'll have to let others make those recommendations. One other thing. Make sure you're staying well hydrated. Vaping can dry you out especially when using a cloud machine. As a military person I'm sure you're aware of the importance of proper hydration and the negative effects of being dehydrated. Headaches being one of those effects. Good luck. I hope you get it figured out.

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been making my own juice for awhile so I'll have to let others make those recommendations. One other thing. Make sure you're staying well hydrated. Vaping can dry you out especially when using a cloud machine. As a military person I'm sure you're aware of the importance of proper hydration and the negative effects of being dehydrated. Headaches being one of those effects. Good luck. I hope you get it figured out.
That is awesome. My brother recently started a company making juices too, but he has been too busy and taking a break from it these days. Thank you for the advice!

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll second BoomStick. Dehydration could be part of it so make sure to drink lots of liquid (always a good idea anyway).

Another thing - you could simply be coming down with something (cold/whatever) and it's completely unrelated to vaping. It's a natural human reaction - I ate/drank/did 'XXX' and now I feel/have 'YYY' so obviously XXX caused YYY. That's not necessarily so.

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll second BoomStick. Dehydration could be part of it so make sure to drink lots of liquid (always a good idea anyway).

Another thing - you could simply be coming down with something (cold/whatever) and it's completely unrelated to vaping. It's a natural human reaction - I ate/drank/did 'XXX' and now I feel/have 'YYY' so obviously XXX caused YYY. That's not necessarily so.
Granted! But every single time i take a pull from the vape, my head starts to hurt. I wait about an hour and I am back to normal, so it is safe to say it is from the vape lol. Smoking a flavor at the moment that is max vg, and it is definitely better! have to get some more max vg flavors and try them out!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hello everyone!

I have just bought my second vape yesterday and I am having some issues.
My first vape was a pen from iTaste (just wanted to get the hang of things)
Last night I bought the Kangertech Subox Mini.
I have been using it all night, and this morning, and it is giving me some major head pressure and pretty bad headache!
  • Using it on 22.2W
  • 0mg Nicotine
  • Tried three different juices (VG/PG)
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or has anyone had a similar situation?
Dehydration.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dehydration.!!!

VG is so much worse then PG .VG is humecant [sp] early body builders would drink straight VG before a competition to lose water weight and cut

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your body and brain thinks you should be getting nicotine, but you aren't...
One could never become dehydrated from vaping. Maybe just a little dry mouth. Actual dehydration is a medical condition and I don't seem to recall reading any articles concerning emergency room visits or 911 calls for dehydration caused by vaping...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh gawd....I'm gonna have to like one of his posts
headdesk_zps0kbf3u4q.jpg
:D

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol I don't know much about vaping, but I know enough about general health to say that it is very unlikely that within the two days I've been smoking my vape, i've become dehydrated.

Can anyone recommend companies that make max VG flavors?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its possible that a Tape worm has made itself into your system and is sucking the life out of you or maybe
a VG sensitivity PG sensitivity or possibility you are just insane.. All these things could be it or none...

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its possible that a Tape worm has made itself into your system and is sucking the life out of you or maybe
a VG sensitivity PG sensitivity or possibility you are just insane.. All these things could be it or none...
valid point.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
lol I don't know much about vaping, but I know enough about general health to say that it is very unlikely that within the two days I've been smoking my vape, i've become dehydrated.

Can anyone recommend companies that make max VG flavors?
So you come to the forum and Ask the 'experienced' vapers why you are getting headaches... You get multiple responses that most likely you are dehydrated and you don't believe it? SMH!

Yes, you CAN become dehydrated in 2 days. And for the record... you don't "smoke" a vape.. you VAPE it ;)

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jeez. I turned to the "experienced" because I thought there would be some substantial reasoning for my issue.
To me, it makes no sense to suddenly become dehydrated due to VAPING.
I figured out the reason was I handle higher VG liquids better, that is all.
Sorry for misunderstanding, but I was under this silly impression that a forum was about getting help and gaining knowledge from others and applying it to your own knowledge of self.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pull a Bear Gryllis... on second thought no don't.

OK so you smoked tobacco that is loaded with all sorts of toxic garbage... from urine to carpet glue. and you wonder why you are getting headaches cutting that out?

Yes you are dehydrated... if you feel thirsty you are past being slightly dehydrated...

Vaporade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i dont feel thirsty and i never said i cut tobacco out lol.
All i said was i felt funny from vaping.
maybe because im new to it.. idk but im using a max vg juice now and i dont have any issues :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Jeez. I turned to the "experienced" because I thought there would be some substantial reasoning for my issue.
Sorry for misunderstanding, but I was under this silly impression that a forum was about getting help and gaining knowledge from others and applying it to your own knowledge of self.
No harm, no foul. :)
That is certainly is.. and we're glad you are here. Most new vapers aren't aware of the dehydration vaping can cause. It's the most, and too my knowledge only, common symptom of vaping. From my experience, normally when someone is "sensitive" to VG or PG it causes a tightness in the chest or throat. Almost like an asthma attack. If you are not getting this, I don't think its a sensitivity issue.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you find hard to comprehend\believe that you can get dehydrated in 2 days time ?? just how many days do you think it takes to get heat stroke then ??

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that why you also started the same thread in other forums too, verbatim??

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How about this, since you came to the experienced for advice on your issue, why not at least try the advice?
Yes, you can get dehydrated, it is probably the vg that is dehydrating you. Not dehydrated as in you were just in a desert, but dehydrated none the less. Drink more water and the headaches should subside. There is no malicious intent, we at trying to help you from our experience.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah, it isn't possible to become dehydrated from vaping. It's just a vaping myth...

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is always a possibility, that the headaches are from the flavorings. Some do give me headaches.

Maximumoverdrive

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Vaporade -Are you allergic to Nickel/cheap jewelry??? The Kangor subtank coil heads are Nichrome 80 meaning 80% Nickel.
If this is whats causing it, then it would get better as the coil breaks in & then the head aches would come back when you put in a new coil.
about 10% of the population has a Nickel allergy & the ratio of women to men that have it is aprox 14 to 1
Try switching to a Crown tank or some other tank that uses stainless steel coil heads.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
nickel wire + flavor/scent sensitivity + dehydration = a bad vaping time.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The very act of vaping causes dehydration for most people, similar to smoking cigs or other more illicit things ;P *AHEMcottonmouthAHEM* Or even why you get hung over after a night of drinking. Though if im not mistaken Vaping does tend to take more out of you because more vapor/smoke is created. If im not mistaken PG and VG allergies more commonly cause rashes and itchiness and cramping not dehydration and headaches right?

Basically try drinking more water when vaping. I had similar issues when i started vaping and drinking more water solved it for me.

But start with figuring out if its water. If not that then maybe try going full PG or VG juice (i know people allergic to VG). Then maybe use a different coils and just keep running down the list until something solves your issue.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Also BTW dehydration doesn't take 2 days..... it can happen in a couple of hours. Or less even... Especially if you add smoking or vaping or drinking (booze) to the mix. Just try drinking more and see if that solves your issue.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you allergic to Nickel/cheap jewelry??? The Kangor subtank coil heads are Nichrome 80 meaning 80% Nickel.
If this is whats causing it, then it would get better as the coil breaks in & then the head aches would come back when you put in a new coil.
about 10% of the population has a Nickel allergy & the ratio of women to men that have it is aprox 14 to 1
Try switching to a Crown tank or some other tank that uses stainless steel coil heads.
Nice catch I didn't even consider it might be the nickel in the coils.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If someone is dehydrated they need to get to an emergency room...

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
If someone is dehydrated they need to get to an emergency room...

Sure for extreme dehydration.... But dehydration has several levels. Only the most extreme you do. Just being thirsty actually means your dehydrated.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure for extreme dehydration.... But dehydration has several levels. Only the most extreme you do. Just being thirsty actually means your dehydrated.

Wow. I'm a bit thirsty now. I must be dehydrated...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also see my earlier post please :) i outline why your wrong

It is a common vaper's myth that vaping causes dehydration. Dry mouth isn't dehydration...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is impossible to become dehydrated from vaping...
well it does, vaping is a contributing factor especially if u VAPE high pg, pg draw water from our body... I'm not gonna go on but but if u VAPE, especially high pg make sure U drink LOTS of fluid

VAPE ON

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well it does, vaping is a contributing factor especially if u VAPE high pg, pg draw water from our body... I'm not gonna go on but but if u VAPE make sure I drink LOTS of fluid

VAPE ON

One could never vape enough to lose any substantial amount of fluids from the PG...It absorbs fluids at a 1:1 ratio...

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
well it does, vaping is a contributing factor especially if u VAPE high pg, pg draw water from our body... I'm not gonna go on but but if u VAPE, especially high pg make sure U drink LOTS of fluid

VAPE ON

And your 100% right its the PG that draws water out from your body

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors