Become a Patron!

Hcigar VT75 Escribe settings

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My VT75 is showing up today :vapemail:

Not sure if it comes set-up already like the Triade DNA200 or the SMY SDNA75 or if it has just the plain jane DNA75 settings.

I can do the profiles and a few other things, the only thing that I am wondering about is if it is already set up for a 26650 or do I have to do that manually which I am clueless about. I already have Basen and Brillpower 26650 batteries to go with it.

If any of you DNA Guru's can let me know what the optimal settings are for the VT75 it would be greatly appreciated.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only choices you have for a DNA75 is 18650 or Lithium Polymer. My Hcigar VT133's and 200's weren't configured. You would want to select 18650's.

It's probably the default case thermals and setting that come on the DNA75 chip. I posted my ecig file for the Lavabox 75 (it's in my signature). It's set up with 7TC profiles, 1 for power mode, custom screen, theme, etc. You can use it but might have to change the mods resistance (mine is set to .003 ohms). You might also want to run the case analyzer (takes a few hours). I have it set up with a discharge curve from a Samsung 25R (should be good unless you can find one from the batteries you are using).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I don't know if you are using it yet but Evovl's latest Escribe works on all the DNA chips (250, 200, 75, and 60), it's V1.2 SP3. I'm using on all my mods. The firmware update that comes with it has made SS316 TC very smooth. I hear it also helps with getting the weak battery signal to quick with the DNA75. I never get it on the Lavabox 75 until the battery is dead. It's also in my signature ;)

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As always thank you my friend!

I do have the new escribe, saw you mention it when it first came out and got it the same day. I do plan on running the new firmware first thing on the VT75.

I did download a ecig file someone posted at evolv's forum, going to have to check that out later on when the post office delivers the goods. Don't know if he has the battery already set-up, that's the part I am unsure of.

I am slowly getting the hang of escribe, I wish I could borrow your brain for a few days, then I could be an expert too :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As always thank you my friend!

I do have the new escribe, saw you mention it when it first came out and got it the same day. I do plan on running the new firmware first thing on the VT75.

I did download a ecig file someone posted at evolv's forum, going to have to check that out later on when the post office delivers the goods. Don't know if he has the battery already set-up, that's the part I am unsure of.

I am slowly getting the hang of escribe, I wish I could borrow your brain for a few days, then I could be an expert too :D
LOL :teehee:. Thanks for the kind words buddy. You don't have the Watt Hour set up with the DNA75 like you do with the DNA200. I believe the battery bar mainly runs off the voltage the mod reads from the battery. I think the discharge curve may factor in when the mod is at rest (the mod may update the battery bar by looking at the rest voltage and comparing to the discharge curve (that's what I think happens).

Evolv released two updates - one on 8-5 and then an update to the update on 8-8 that fixed a few bugs. I'm only mentioning it just in case you don't have 8-8 yet.

If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask.

PS Just make sure you have 18650 selected and not Lipo. If you want to check out the ecig file just save yours first so if you don't like mine, you can just load yours back up. Just a thought. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d9bfe912cec90c799cbb01457f8652b2.jpg

d97b0326a72f803b577dd8a71f1dfa38.jpg

Just got it in before I had to hit the road. Put my 30mm tank on there so I didn't have to bring any juice with me. I call it the Exxon Valdez cuz if it spills its gonna be a big mess

Worked fine, I only ran the firmware update but didnt have a chance to check the other settings.

So far after about 5 hours out n about I am real happy. I still have about 80% battery life too and the tank only has 25% of juice left .

I am going to mess with escribe some more and load my profiles.

Have a great weekend bud and thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad I saw this thread. Have one coming on Monday. I had the same questions about the 26650. I'm glad we have Steve.:D
That 30mm tank looks like it fits pretty well on the VT. Any overhang?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I saw this thread. Have one coming on Monday. I had the same questions about the 26650. I'm glad we have Steve.:D
That 30mm tank looks like it fits pretty well on the VT. Any overhang?

Luckily Steve doesn't have his own religion, we would all be disciples and have to donate a DNA device once a week and Aromamizer Supreme on Sundays :giggle: Steve is one of the best things about the forum though, all hail Steve:D

It is actually the opposite of overhang, I think it will accommodate a 30.5mm tank to be flush. I am going to try the beauty ring they include for smaller tanks, going to look slick.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily Steve doesn't have his own religion, we would all be disciples and have to donate a DNA device once a week and Aromamizer Supreme on Sundays :giggle: Steve is one of the best things about the forum though, all hail Steve:D

It is actually the opposite of overhang, I think it will accommodate a 30.5mm tank to be flush. I am going to try the beauty ring they include for smaller tanks, going to look slick.
OK, I was actually laughing out loud when I read that. Way too funny my friend! :giggle: :cheers:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lmao. Funny...
I forgot it comes with a beauty ring. Might be interesting to use. Kind of looking forward to getting this VT 75. Trouble is, I just got a Lava Box 75. I'm afraid all 75's will fall short of it by comparison.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that beauty ring is not a big help, doesn't work for 25mm tanks, heck it doesn't work with my Supreme Lite 23mm because it makes the 510 not make connection.

LOL Steve, glad I got a laugh from my friend :cheers:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well that beauty ring is not a big help, doesn't work for 25mm tanks, heck it doesn't work with my Supreme Lite 23mm because it makes the 510 not make connection.

LOL Steve, glad I got a laugh from my friend :cheers:
So the ring is for 22mm only? And may or may not make a connection? Lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the ring is for 22mm only? And may or may not make a connection? Lol
My 22mm sapor rta worked, I chose it because it is a top airflow. I am thinking it will restrict some bottom airflow 22mm tanks though

It is working fine with my Conqueror but got check atomizer with my 22mm Supertank

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh great, now I need another tank. Thanks Man, just thanks.
Glad I could be of service

I only use the sapor rta in my mini stealth setup. Works great in that application but overall it is a good, not great tank. Love that it doesn't leak though, I can put it in my pcket and not worry about it, just close the airflow first just in case.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad I could be of service

I only use the sapor rta in my mini stealth setup. Works great in that application but overall it is a good, not great tank. Love that it doesn't leak though, I can put it in my pcket and not worry about it, just close the airflow first just in case.

I was interested in the sapor rta. I like the rda sapor but have all but retired all of my drippers. I do have a serpent mini, really like it. Hope it works with the ring.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got the VT75 early. Was supposed to be here Mon. Anyhow, hooked it up to escribe saved the stock ecig file. @Wingsfan0310 has me so spoiled with his ecig file setups that I've been using those for the 133 and 75 lavabox. With this VT75, I figured it's time for me to really learn escribe. Sure, I could load Steves file for the Lavabox and do a little tweaking, but I want to learn what I'm doing. My first issue is where is the case analyzer. Also, where is the setting for the mod resistance? I managed to figure out how to get a 430 csv file from Steam engine set up. So I think I can figure this stuff out, but I spent hours trying to find the case analyzer. I don't even want to talk about battery settings at this point. I'm running Basen for the time being, and know the the battery bar works in some sort of wizardry way.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Escribe isn't the easiest software to learn...They enjoy hiding shit:giggle:
Yea they do. I guess I'm supposed to leave it on Manufacturer giving access to all features. I have zero for mod resistance which I suppose is normal until I load an atty with copper wire or get one of those copper 510 plug thingys. Am I right to run case analyzer with a low batt? It has numbers already in place. I should run it anyways?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea they do. I guess I'm supposed to leave it on Manufacturer giving access to all features. I have zero for mod resistance which I suppose is normal until I load an atty with copper wire or get one of those copper 510 plug thingys. Am I right to run case analyzer with a low batt? It has numbers already in place. I should run it anyways?

All my DNA75 mods i have tested have a .002 mod resistance. If it's blank, i would use this setting:cheers:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't figure out these screen shots...
case cooling 150
" heating 150
usb charge temp rise 10
+ 12 F/A
Min Ambient -20
Max " 110

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great, thanks for the help guys. I'll run the CA tomorrow. I'll just put the mod resistance in @ .002-.003 range and see where I land...Then you can teach me how to put up a screen shot lol. Thanks again.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not that you asked but I'll give you some advice:

The test takes a couple of hours to run. When it's finished a box will come up and one of the choices is Accept - Click on that. Then click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe to save the settings to your mod. Both of those things are important or you will lose the data.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, thanks for the help guys. I'll run the CA tomorrow. I'll just put the mod resistance in @ .002-.003 range and see where I land...Then you can teach me how to put up a screen shot lol. Thanks again.
Click on the start icon
upload_2016-8-20_22-18-44.png

Then all apps, then Windows Accessories, then sniping tool.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, will do. Thank you both...
One thing that is bugging me is that it takes several times hooking the usb up before escribe sees this vt75. I somehow don't think this is normal.
I would try a different USB cable. If you haven't already, try the one that came with the mod. If that doesn't help, try cleaning out the USB port on the mod with a q-tip dipped in alcohol (not soaking wet) :cheers:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would try a different USB cable. If you haven't already, try the one that came with the mod. If that doesn't help, try cleaning out the USB port on the mod with a q-tip dipped in alcohol (not soaking wet) :cheers:
I'm using the one that came with. Gawd knows I have a few more I can try. I'll do the swaby thing also. :D

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the way i do it...Hit the Printscreen button on your keyboard and hit paste in paint. "Save as" whatever on your desktop so you can find it:cheers:

steve2.png

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd try a different cable, one that you know works first!
Will do. They are after all cheapo cables.
This is the way i do it...Hit the Printscreen button on your keyboard and hit paste in paint. "Save as" whatever on your desktop so you can find it:cheers:

View attachment 59639
I'll play with that tomorrow. After the crash course in escribe I'm going to hit the rack and get a fresh start tomorrow. Thanks for the Mega help tonight. I have a much better understanding of what I'm doing now. G'nite gents.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used a different cable and it only took a couple tries to get it to hook up.

I'm running your file from your lava box on my lava box...Are case analysis like a finger print? No two are the same.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a different cable and it only took a couple tries to get it to hook up.

I'm running your file from your lava box on my lava box...Are case analysis like a finger print? No two are the same.
I would think if you ran it, the numbers might be slightly different. The day I ran mine it was hot as Hell here in Michigan (No central air). The test started with the room at ~87F and as it was running it cooled down considerably. I'm thinking of running mine again. I was just trying to get it done because a few people were waiting for me to post the file.But I would think each case could be slightly different.

It shouldn't take multiple attempts to hook up to Escribe. I'm a little worried that something might not be quite right with your USP port on the mod. Something to think about while you can still exchange it. I'm trying to worry you, but it doesn't sound right.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would think if you ran it, the numbers might be slightly different. The day I ran mine it was hot as Hell here in Michigan (No central air). The test started with the room at ~87F and as it was running it cooled down considerably. I'm thinking of running mine again. I was just trying to get it done because a few people were waiting for me to post the file.But I would think each case could be slightly different.

It shouldn't take multiple attempts to hook up to Escribe. I'm a little worried that something might not be quite right with your USP port on the mod. Something to think about while you can still exchange it. I'm trying to worry you, but it doesn't sound right.

Cheers,
Steve
I've had issues with all my DNA's hooking up first try. Sometimes they do sometimes not. I even tried different ports on puter, same results. The VT75 seems worse though...I'll run CA on the LB just for kicks. Probably all of my DNA's for that matter.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had issues with all my DNA's hooking up first try. Sometimes they do sometimes not. I even tried different ports on puter, same results. The VT75 seems worse though...I'll run CA on the LB just for kicks. Probably all of my DNA's for that matter.
That's different then. Mine always hook up as soon as I plug them in. That's why I said that.

I'm running mine again right now just to make sure. It's finally supposed to be nice today. A high of only 75F and the humidity isn't bad either. It's a miracle! :teehee::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's different then. Mine always hook up as soon as I plug them in. That's why I said that.

I'm running mine again right now just to make sure. It's finally supposed to be nice today. A high of only 75F and the humidity isn't bad either. It's a miracle! :teehee::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve
We're expecting some of that weather to come our way this week, been hot and muggy. Could use a break from that.

The LB75 hooks first time. :D

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another bit here. So far not real impressed with the VT75. Yes maybe a bit unfair since I have the LB to compare it to. This thing is clunky feeling. The threads are terrible on the door. Those things I can live with as I bought it for a total out and about beater dna. What concerns me the most is how fast it heats up. The whole mods gets very warm with what I consider casual vaping. It will make a great hand warmer for the up coming winter. The LB stays cool at all times...What I do like. The looks are nice, the screen is fantastic. It will take up to 30mm toppers. I can use 18650 batts. And the price, well, 50 bucks.

VU Sponsors