HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Found this using Aliexpress app.
9506d999a8e04622722682443b64e4e9.jpg
28d1c468ce7c6000d96088b7c2ef3ac4.jpg

Hcigar VT133 Silicone Case Hcigar VT Box Mod Watt 133w Box Mod dna 200 Chip vape mod Fashion Protective Cover 2 pieces Wholesale
http://s.aliexpress.com/aMryUfYN
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Found this using Aliexpress app.
9506d999a8e04622722682443b64e4e9.jpg
28d1c468ce7c6000d96088b7c2ef3ac4.jpg

Hcigar VT133 Silicone Case Hcigar VT Box Mod Watt 133w Box Mod dna 200 Chip vape mod Fashion Protective Cover 2 pieces Wholesale
http://s.aliexpress.com/aMryUfYN
(from AliExpress Android)

I cant believe they actually exist. Im not a silicone cover guy. I like my mods naked. I feel the covers make it bigger than it needs to be. It does protect the mod though. Well i know alot of poeple were looking for them. Here ya go guys.

That's just like the cover i was thinking about. For me vt133 and vt167 look quite the same, so it might work. And a cover like that doesn't cost much, so not a big loss if it doesn't work. I like to have a cover on mod sometimes, if i need to carry it in a pocket with keys and other stuff, it'll otherwise get really scratched quickly. A wrap would do the same thing actually better, but i haven't find any for vt167.

Edit: had a reboot while i was posting a reply before, i didn't realize i posted it incomplete.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just like the cover i was thinking about. For me vt133 and vt167 look quite the same, so it might work. And a cover like that doesn't cost much, so not a big loss if it doesn't work. I like to have a cover on mod sometimes, if i need to carry it in a pocket with keys and other stuff, it'll otherwise get really scratched quickly. A wrap would do the same thing actually better, but i haven't find any for vt167.

Edit: had a reboot while i was posting a reply before, i didn't realize i posted it incomplete.
I was just looking at J-Wraps and they have wraps for the HCigar VT167. When I searched nothing came up, but when I started looking at different wraps, the HCigar VT167 was in all of their drop down - select device boxes I checked (I only checked a few, but it was listed in everyone I checked). Here's one example:
http://www.jwraps.com/product_p/s766.htm

I've never bought a wrap before but I don't think you can take them off and put them back on (that's just what I think, maybe someone else who has experience can confirm or refute that).

Edit -I was looking around and I saw a Croc wrap in their Textured section. It's a little more $ but I think it looks nice
http://www.jwraps.com/product_p/crocs.htm

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a VT133 (and a few others) and was thinking of adding another mod to my circulation, the VT167.
So from VT167 owners, should I? How sturdy is it (body & battery cover)? Any specific complains or faults?

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a VT133 (and a few others) and was thinking of adding another mod to my circulation, the VT167.
So from VT167 owners, should I? How sturdy is it (body & battery cover)? Any specific complains or faults?

I like it, a bit nicer set of buttons, different materials for the battery door. Battery door is much thicker on the one I have. The 510 is different, at least the deck of it is different, haven't tried to find out if it is cosmetic or 'different'.
Complaints? It is thicker (wider) than the 133. For me, I have my mod in hand for much of the day. The 167 just feels ever so slightly awkward/uncomfortable. It's only about 3 mm wider but it makes a difference in my grip.
Of course if you don't hold your mod constantly, it won't make a difference. It probably won't make a difference anyway.

It's a worthwhile update IMO.

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
How do you measure internal resistance of the vt133? I've tried to squeeze a ball braided antenna cable and it's showing 0.2-0.004ohms.

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
@up Unfortunately I live in Poland and I can't find any store to get it in normal price. I've got problem with TC on Supreme - on vt133 on the same wire set, watts - 45w, temperature - 240C and resistance set 0.216 it drops in one second to 30w, on vt200 with temperature set 220C and resistance 0.217 (both were checked by atomiser analyze tool) and it goes constantly with 45w, only where's no more liquid it drops perfectly to make the cotton dry. On vt200 I've put 0.007 as internal resistance.

edit: What about thermal settings? I think it may be this because I'm not sure I've corrected them past the repair. I will be thanful for the data.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@up Unfortunately I live in Poland and I can't find any store to get it in normal price. I've got problem with TC on Supreme - on vt133 on the same wire set, watts - 45w, temperature - 240C and resistance set 0.216 it drops in one second to 30w, on vt200 with temperature set 220C and resistance 0.217 (both were checked by atomiser analyze tool) and it goes constantly with 45w, only where's no more liquid it drops perfectly to make the cotton dry. On vt200 I've put 0.007 as internal resistance.

edit: What about thermal settings? I think it may be this because I'm not sure I've corrected them past the repair. I will be thanful for the data.
I posted my Ecig file here that has case thermals, mod resistance, 7 TC profiles, 1 for Power mode, custom screens, custom theme, etc. Feel free to give it a try:
Link to my Therion 166, Triade250, VT133, Lavabox M DNA 75, and VF133 Configuration Files

Cheers,
Steve

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
I posted my Ecig file here that has case thermals, mod resistance, 7 TC profiles, 1 for Power mode, custom screens, custom theme, etc. Feel free to give it a try:
Link to my Therion 166, Triade250, VT133, Lavabox M DNA 75, and VF133 Configuration Files

Cheers,
Steve
Thank you, I will look for cartomiser to make that. Hmm, using velocity v2 clone from FT with copper wire would be bad, am I right? I've done case analyze two times - there are the results: http://screenshot.sh/ofj2XUTCy3PFc http://screenshot.sh/m7yND0LMFzCo0

diyguy

Member For 4 Years
Here's mine for the VT133 along with the mods resistance:

View attachment 73763

I was very happy to find Wingsfan's case settings for my VT133 a while back, and used them for several months, and they worked ok, but I switched to the settings from member timbomfg on the evolv forum a few weeks ago, just to try them. I found that timbomfg's settings worked better. My normal vaping temps are lower now, and the mod works better outside in cool weather. Vapes in cool weather were weak before.

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1291411190&postcount=11&forum=454109

0vUFfiI.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was very happy to find Wingsfan's case settings for my VT133 a while back, and used them for several months, and they worked ok, but I switched to the settings from member timbomfg on the evolv forum a few weeks ago, just to try them. I found that timbomfg's settings worked better. My normal vaping temps are lower now, and the mod works better outside in cool weather. Vapes in cool weather were weak before.

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1291411190&postcount=11&forum=454109

0vUFfiI.jpg

I only post mine to help people get it up and running quickly. Personally, I think it's a good idea for people to run the case analyzer on their mods. I think if we all ran them on the same mod, in our own environment, we'd all come up with slightly different results. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

diyguy

Member For 4 Years
I only post mine to help people get it up and running quickly. Personally, I think it's a good idea for people to run the case analyzer on their mods. I think if we all ran them on the same mod, in our own environment, we'd all come up with slightly different results. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

It's really too bad that HCigar doesn't ship the device completely set up... Figuring out these settings is a lot to expect from customers. Thanks again for sharing your settings.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really too bad that HCigar doesn't ship the device completely set up... Figuring out these settings is a lot to expect from customers. Thanks again for sharing your settings.

I understand what you are saying but no matter how much or little a company sets up the mod, I'll still change it to the way I like it.

I was just talking about this with someone yesterday. I look at it like this. People/companies use different curves/TCR's for wires. For example with SS316L I've seen it go from .00088-.00105. That's a huge swing and will change things significantly. I set up all my DNA mods the same way, with the same curves, etc. That way no matter which one I grab, they work the same way.

For me, one of the biggest pluses is that it can be customized to exactly the way I like it. I look at my Ecig files as a starting point for people. It gets it set up, but then they can change it to the way that best suits them. So I understand what you are saying because I believe for most people it's easier to have it set up and change a few things here or there to get it exactly to their liking. For me it really doesn't matter because I'm going to completely redo it no matter how it comes setup :teehee:. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really appreciate I'm using your tirade files and I'm in love. Thanks thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your welcome and I'm glad you like it. Just give me a few minutes to change the battery settings and add the Lipo discharge curve. If you want me to email it to you, PM your E-Mail address. That way you won't have to change the file extension.

Cheers,
Steve

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Your welcome and I'm glad you like it. Just give me a few minutes to change the battery settings and add the Lipo discharge curve. If you want me to email it to you, PM your E-Mail address. That way you won't have to change the file extension.

Cheers,
Steve

Ok I'll pm you and thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the 167 battery door on a 133. I like the black carbon fiber one and would replace the beat up one on my silver 133.

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm looking to upgrade the looks of my 133.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I doubt it as the 167 is slightly larger than the 133 so the radius of the curved part of the cover would not be the same. Also, thicker material.
When I get a second today, I'll open the storage vault and get a 133 out and see if they swap.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the 167 battery door on a 133. I like the black carbon fiber one and would replace the beat up one on my silver 133.

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it.

Almost but not quite. Hard to see but the 167 door doesn't sit flush on the 133.

Cover-1.jpg Cover-2.jpg Cover-3.jpg

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys. I'm looking at the VT167 w/DNA 250. Looking to see how everybody that has it, likes it? How's the fire button on it?.....Clicky/Seem good to you? Thanks!

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
Same for me, I'm using Vt167 for about 3 months, better grip comparing to the VT133 and better look. Everything else is comparable (DNA chips are just perfect).

Last edited:

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Send it to Nick at Evolv. You may get it back in 3 weeks and it still won't work. Smfh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Will take my chances and troubleshoot it myself, I hope the battery sled just disconnected...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent my ThinkVape Finder 167 that was DOA back to Nick and received a new mod. Most people have had good results with Evolv's warranty service.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here ya go. My VT 133 has been back to Evolv four times and four times it was not fixed. If I send it back a 5th time I will have shipping cost at about half the price of the mod. I'll just chalk it up to shit customer service and call it a loss. Here's a pic of the tracking and turn around time from the last time I sent it in. At this point Nick from Evolv should offer to take it back and pay the shipping. God knows I've been more than patient. I say fuck Hcigar and fuck Evolv. Sorry but an 18 day turnaround time when it's the 4th time I sent it in is just ridiculous in my opinion. Great customer service? Not in my book. Evolv makes a great TC board but you better pray it never needs to be serviced.
3aaf68a8065f139a262fc5021f6d8d87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So... has anyone come out with a good troubleshooting section on the vt133 for DIY? Or is it a wing it with the internet type of thing?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it won't turn on with batteries in it but will when plugged into Escribe, it's probably the on-board fuse.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here ya go. My VT 133 has been back to Evolv four times and four times it was not fixed. If I send it back a 5th time I will have shipping cost at about half the price of the mod. I'll just chalk it up to shit customer service and call it a loss. Here's a pic of the tracking and turn around time from the last time I sent it in. At this point Nick from Evolv should offer to take it back and pay the shipping. God knows I've been more than patient. I say fuck Hcigar and fuck Evolv. Sorry but an 18 day turnaround time when it's the 4th time I sent it in is just ridiculous in my opinion. Great customer service? Not in my book. Evolv makes a great TC board but you better pray it never needs to be serviced.
3aaf68a8065f139a262fc5021f6d8d87.jpg

Likewise with Yihi. Still no joy with the broken G Class.
My VT 167 OTOH was taken care of in less than 2 weeks.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't think it's the fuse, no response plugging it into escribe. Though when plugged in, the board is now smelling warm. Oh joy...

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been lurking these boards for awhile being fairly new to vaping and have gathered a ton of information thanks to you guys. It's greatly appreciated.

So I decided to purchase a VT133 and got it today. It's running the latest firmware and I'm using a married pair of LG HG2's that were charged on an efest luc2 to 4.2v. Watching the device monitor though cell one stays at a constant 4.18v and cell two keeps bouncing around between 3.9 and 4.3v. I'm assuming that this shows a problem with the mod as I've tried a different set of batteries and get the same thing.

I did properly setup the batteries and although the meter has to be wrong showing 46% that is not the primary issue.

Am I correct in assuming that the voltages for each cell should be fairly stable?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that this is with the device sitting idle connected to the PC not under any load

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been lurking these boards for awhile being fairly new to vaping and have gathered a ton of information thanks to you guys. It's greatly appreciated.

So I decided to purchase a VT133 and got it today. It's running the latest firmware and I'm using a married pair of LG HG2's that were charged on an efest luc2 to 4.2v. Watching the device monitor though cell one stays at a constant 4.18v and cell two keeps bouncing around between 3.9 and 4.3v. I'm assuming that this shows a problem with the mod as I've tried a different set of batteries and get the same thing.

I did properly setup the batteries and although the meter has to be wrong showing 46% that is not the primary issue.

Am I correct in assuming that the voltages for each cell should be fairly stable?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that this is with the device sitting idle connected to the PC not under any load
That shouldn't be happening. None of my DNA mods do that. I'm assuming there is either a problem in the wiring or chip (balance circuitry probably).

I would switch the two cells (move cell 1 to the cell 2 slot and vice versa) and look at the device monitor again. If the problem stays on cell 2, you know it's the mod. If it switched to cell 1, then it's the battery.

PS One other thing to check is to look in the Mod Tab and make sure the number of cells selected are 2, also set the Watt Hours to 22.2. Just something to try. After making the changes click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe to save the changes.

Cheers,
Steve

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That shouldn't be happening. None of my DNA mods do that. I'm assuming there is either a problem in the wiring or chip (balance circuitry probably).

I would switch the two cells (move cell 1 to the cell 2 slot and vice versa) and look at the device monitor again. If the problem stays on cell 2, you know it's the mod. If it switched to cell 1, then it's the battery.

PS One other thing to check is to look in the Mod Tab and make sure the number of cells selected are 2, also set the Watt Hours to 22.2. Just something to try. After making the changes click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe to save the changes.

Cheers,
Steve

I tried all of that last night and before I went to work stuck the batteries back on the charger. Got home awhile ago and tried it again and this time there was no fluctuation, however cell1 reading 4.18v and cell2 reading 3.75v when it should be the same as cell1. I'm guessing that's also why the meter shows my device is only about half capacity battery wise. I did load your .ecig profile and just saved the battery discharge curve out of it.

I'm going to try swapping the two batteries around again when I get up because yeah if it reads the same that would indicate that there is an internal issue unless this new "issue" is normal. Perhaps I should leave it plugged into the computer to see if it balances out? I'm not really sure as this is my first DNA device.

Maybe I should've paid extra to order from a more reputable vendor but vaporshark.com had them for 79.99 with free shipping. They have a generous 30 day defective return policy though.

All of the time and effort you've expended on helping people with their devices is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the response.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried all of that last night and before I went to work stuck the batteries back on the charger. Got home awhile ago and tried it again and this time there was no fluctuation, however cell1 reading 4.18v and cell2 reading 3.75v when it should be the same as cell1. I'm guessing that's also why the meter shows my device is only about half capacity battery wise. I did load your .ecig profile and just saved the battery discharge curve out of it.

I'm going to try swapping the two batteries around again when I get up because yeah if it reads the same that would indicate that there is an internal issue unless this new "issue" is normal. Perhaps I should leave it plugged into the computer to see if it balances out? I'm not really sure as this is my first DNA device.

Maybe I should've paid extra to order from a more reputable vendor but vaporshark.com had them for 79.99 with free shipping. They have a generous 30 day defective return policy though.

All of the time and effort you've expended on helping people with their devices is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the response.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

You are in luck, Vaporshark is a very reputable place. They have excellent CS.

The main thing, is to switch the cells around so you know for sure it's the mod and not the cells or your charger. Other than that, it's a faulty mod. Good luck - VS will take care of you!

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On my VT167, the batteries come off the device and show about a .3V difference on the charger between batteries.
Same batteries on the same charger coming off the G Class show same or within .01V
For me, it isn't the batteries, it's the mod drawing one more than the other. I have many 30Qs so it couldn't be the battery.
I don't think it's 'normal' but it isn't anything to worry about unless it dies way early.

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, I appreciate that.

You are in luck, Vaporshark is a very reputable place. They have excellent CS.

The main thing is to switch the cells around so you know for sure it's the mod and not the cells or your charger. Other than that, it's a faulty mod. Good luck - VS will take care of you!

Cheers,
Steve

Just went to unplug it before bed. Cell2 was all over the place again. Hit the fire button (no atomizer attached) and it briefly levelled out then went back to fluctuating. Almost looks like maybe it's a result of it charging the cell causing the fluctuation? Regardless my charger showed both cells as 4.2 30 minutes ago so I don't see a reason why the mod would detect so much less voltage unless the mod was at fault.

Will try when I get up with a cell swap and an atomizer attached though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just went to unplug it before bed. Cell2 was all over the place again. Hit the fire button (no atomizer attached) and it briefly levelled out then went back to fluctuating. Almost looks like maybe it's a result of it charging the cell causing the fluctuation? Regardless my charger showed both cells as 4.2 30 minutes ago so I don't see a reason why the mod would detect so much less voltage unless the mod was at fault.

Will try when I get up with a cell swap and an atomizer attached though.
One other thing you can try is to clean all 4 battery contacts in the mod with a Q-Tip moistened in Rubbing Alcohol. It's probably not dirty contacts, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure (having clean contacts is always a good thing :D). When I troubleshoot something, I try to eliminate every possibility I can think of.

Cheers,
Steve

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One other thing you can try is to clean all 4 battery contacts in the mod with a Q-Tip moistened in Rubbing Alcohol. It's probably not dirty contacts, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure (having clean contacts is always a good thing :D). When I troubleshoot something, I try to eliminate every possibility I can think of.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah I tried cleaning them and even tried to perfectly center the battery yesterday (that was a pain) lol. They already got back to me and offered to send a shipping label. I'll just try a replacement.

On the plus side I am now really familiar with the escribe software and basic operations of the device. It's a really good looking device, feels well built and is nice to hold and looks good in black). The griffin 25 plus looks great on it in black. Too bad I won't get to try it for what looks to be another week. Only other mod I've got is an istick pico. I debated between the VT133 and a smok alien for a few weeks before ordering. Probably should've just ordered both. (Never bad to have a backup).

Thanks again for the information and insight.

VU Sponsors