Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No, just went through the install again. ....with the same results. I went to install the file above and during that installation it told me that it was blocked because a previous installation had to restart first. WTF?
Are you using Windows 10? If so go to the advanced restore options and do the options where it reinstall windows but doesn't change your files or programs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I honestly believe Win.10 is just the latest installment of manure from Windows. The only thing they ever did right was DOS and win. 3.1 that was superimposed on dos. I pray to God, that Evolve will come to its senses and make a Mac version of Escribe. NO, I will not run Boot Camp or Virtual windows on my Mac. Why ruin a perfectly running machine with this garbage? It is very frustrating, at the very least Evolve should have done a Linux version.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I honestly believe Win.10 is just the latest installment of manure from Windows. The only thing they ever did right was DOS and win. 3.1 that was superimposed on dos. I pray to God, that Evolve will come to its senses and make a Mac version of Escribe. NO, I will not run Boot Camp or Virtual windows on my Mac. Why ruin a perfectly running machine with this garbage? It is very frustrating, at the very least Evolve should have done a Linux version.
I actually think the opposite. I use both Mac and PC extensively and I much prefer windows. Mac OS peaked when Vista was out and at that time was better but after that it's been all downhill for Mac osx. Windows 10 is actually really good. Every other OS from Ms is good. Xp, 7, and 10 all good. Vista, and 8 were trash.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Also just run vmware fusion. I do that at work where I have a Mac pro tower and I run it side by side with VMware running Windows 7 each on their own monitor cause some software I need for work isn't Mac compatible.

I have and have had tons of products. MacBook pro, Mac pro tower, gaming laptops running windows. IPad. Android phone. IPhone for my work phone etc. Apple products in general since 2012 are crap. Just overpriced outdated crap. They were good for a while but have went downhill. Windows is always up and down. Androids are the best phones. A fee companies make good ones. Surface pro are the best tablets.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's agree to disagree one this, but Apple has been going downhill since Jobs left. Is there an Android version of Escribe?;):vino:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Let's agree to disagree one this, but Apple has been going downhill since Jobs left. Is there an Android version of Escribe?;):vino:
Sadly no android. Of course you are more then entitled to your opinion. Alot of software is subjective for the most part anyway. Hardware wise though apple has become a joke.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least we agree on the mods we like, the ones "you showed some love" but shall remain un-named on this thread.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Escribe installed and running on two different Win 10 PC's. One is my older Dell Tower (I7) that I updated to Win 10 and the other is a Dell Laptop (I5) that was bought yesterday. I had no problems whatsoever installing Escribe on either one. Furthermore you don't see people posting here that they can't load Escribe on Win 10. I'm not sure why you are having issues. I would consider contacting customer support for your PC and seeing if it might be in your settings.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may have something to do with the factory install from Lenovo. Unfortunately, the only way for me to reset is by creating an account with Lenovo, and getting the restore files from them.That's a tap dance in the mine field I'm not going to do. I bought the thing 2 days ago, back to the store it goes.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must clarify, I had created an account with Lenovo but the log in failed because that page was not available.

Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time so thought I would say hi.

Ordered a vt167 from GearBest, along with a Recoil RDA and a load of wire.

The vt167 is apparently on its way to me so I will post pictures and impressions once it arrives :shades:

Thanks Steve, to be honest I very much doubt I'll ever need the extra 34 watts but it was a good price and the vt133 is sold out in most places in the UK.

I paid around £75 which is a bargain to be honest. I was thinking of building my own DNA 200 box and the chip was £62 so £13 for a mod was a no brainer.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve, to be honest I very much doubt I'll ever need the extra 64 watts but it was a good price and the vt133 is sold out in most places in the UK.

I paid around £75 which is a bargain to be honest. I was thinking of building my own DNA 200 box and the chip was £62 so £13 for a mod was a no brainer.
I like the way it looks and the DNA250 chip is very nice. Not only do you get 34 extra watts but also built in reverse polarity protection along with a 2 amp balanced charger (DNA200 was 1 amp).

If I didn't have four VT133's, I would have ordered a VT167 already. I think you are really going to like it. I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question about set up; do you think the vt133 config files will work with the new model?
Yes they should. You still have dual 18650's. The 7TC profiles and 1 for Power Mode, Custom Screens, and theme will all be fine.

The case thermals might be slightly different but you can always run that test (no special equipment is necessary, it just takes 3-4 hours). I would think the mods resistance should also be in the ballpark.

I believe one of the Welcome Screens has VT133 on it. When I get a chance I'll make one for the VT167 and either post it here or PM it to you.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time so thought I would say hi.

Ordered a vt167 from GearBest, along with a Recoil RDA and a load of wire.

The vt167 is apparently on its way to me so I will post pictures and impressions once it arrives :shades:
Welcome to VU (vaping Underground) and special welcome from Steve's HCIGAR VT133 Dual 18650 DNA200. :cheers:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen some photos of the VT167 with some new battery covers.
I suppose they are going to fit the VT133 too and are going to be available for sale separately.
Lets hope the new ones are more resistant then the old ones.

I suppose like most VT133 owners, I'm not going to get the VT167 too.

Yes they should. You still have dual 18650's. The 7TC profiles and 1 for Power Mode, Custom Screens, and theme will all be fine.

The case thermals might be slightly different but you can always run that test (no special equipment is necessary, it just takes 3-4 hours). I would think the mods resistance should also be in the ballpark.

I believe one of the Welcome Screens has VT133 on it. When I get a chance I'll make one for the VT167 and either post it here or PM it to you.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,
Question about your .ecig files.
Your Triade 250.ecig have 3 different battery discharge profile. Is it possible to use the .csv on VT133/167 setting?
In case I'm not in front of the computer when changing battery, what happen if I load the LG HG2 profile into the mod, and then change the battery to Samsung 25R?
From that three (Samsung 30Q, 25R and LG HG2), which one do you recommend for VT133/167?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Steve,
Question about your .ecig files.
Your Triade 250.ecig have 3 different battery discharge profile. Is it possible to use the .csv on VT133/167 setting?
In case I'm not in front of the computer when changing battery, what happen if I load the LG HG2 profile into the mod, and then change the battery to Samsung 25R?
From that three (Samsung 30Q, 25R and LG HG2), which one do you recommend for VT133/167?
I wouldn't recommend using the Triade profile in the VT133/167 because the Triade is a triple 18650 mod.

As to which profile is the best. They are all the same other than battery discharge curve/watt hours. All 3 are excellent batteries and I use them all. The 30Q and HG2 are 3000mah cells. The 25R is a 2500mah cell. I basically use my 25R's in my single battery DNA75 mods because I believe they can supply more amps than the other 2 without heating up.

If you use the Triade profile on the VT133/166 you would need to change the cells from 3 to 2 and adjust the watt hours.

If you were using 25R's and switched to 30Q's the only issue would be battery meter accuracy because of the difference in mah (capacity) in the cells.

I hope that helps. If I lost you anywhere, let me know and I'll give it another shot.

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It may have something to do with the factory install from Lenovo. Unfortunately, the only way for me to reset is by creating an account with Lenovo, and getting the restore files from them.That's a tap dance in the mine field I'm not going to do. I bought the thing 2 days ago, back to the store it goes.

You can download the setup from Microsoft and then do a Reset this PC from Settings->Update & security->Recovery

Works on any machine regardless.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
asus makes solid computers and amazing routers. just stay away from acer and lenovo. they are crap

ASUS does make really nice computers. That said, I have an Acer that's about 8yrs old that I absolutely love. :D I love it so much when the MB had some problems last year I bought another mobo for it on eBay and swapped it out. I agree Acer is lower quality than ASUS. I set one of those up for a pal earlier this year and it was a real nice machine.

@BrewBear ... I know there are Win 10 fans here but I'm in the "Win 10 Never" camp. I would have looked for one of the remaining machines still out there with W7. I will be migrating my W7 OS to all future machines for as long as the hardware supports it, then will go to a W7 open source alternative, which is in development. (I also use Linux live drives but Linux is a PITA to do anything on beyond point-and-click unless you happen to know UNIX commands. And Mac .... will never use proprietary systems that don't let you tinker with the deeper config of the OS. I don't own a single Apple product.)

Meanwhile my VT133 is plugging along, gangbusters. I've knocked it over I don't know how many times, and dropped my Aromamizer as well. (Steve, I saw you dropped yours awhile back and thought it was toast... that 'glass' tank is not glass but Pyrex IIRC. Which would explain why they don't break!) :D

In the bad news column, CA voted this last election to raise cigarette taxes, which is now applicable to vape gear, thanks to the &^%$-up FDA. On the plus side, MJ was also legalized for recreational use, so I shouldn't be caring as much come January. :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ASUS does make really nice computers. That said, I have an Acer that's about 8yrs old that I absolutely love. :D I love it so much when the MB had some problems last year I bought another mobo for it on eBay and swapped it out. I agree Acer is lower quality than ASUS. I set one of those up for a pal earlier this year and it was a real nice machine.

@BrewBear ... I know there are Win 10 fans here but I'm in the "Win 10 Never" camp. I would have looked for one of the remaining machines still out there with W7. I will be migrating my W7 OS to all future machines for as long as the hardware supports it, then will go to a W7 open source alternative, which is in development. (I also use Linux live drives but Linux is a PITA to do anything on beyond point-and-click unless you happen to know UNIX commands. And Mac .... will never use proprietary systems that don't let you tinker with the deeper config of the OS. I don't own a single Apple product.)

Meanwhile my VT133 is plugging along, gangbusters. I've knocked it over I don't know how many times, and dropped my Aromamizer as well. (Steve, I saw you dropped yours awhile back and thought it was toast... that 'glass' tank is not glass but Pyrex IIRC. Which would explain why they don't break!) :D

In the bad news column, CA voted this last election to raise cigarette taxes, which is now applicable to vape gear, thanks to the &^%$-up FDA. On the plus side, MJ was also legalized for recreational use, so I shouldn't be caring as much come January. :D
Since were talking about PC we like. I've always been partial to Dells. I've had excellent results using them.

I do be believe the Supreme's tank is Pyrex. Pyrex is glass though, right?. I thought it's just more heat resistant and tougher than normal glass.
http://www.worldkitchen.com/en/the-truth-about-pyrex.html

My VT133's are chugging along as well. I'm using one as I type this.
:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do be believe the Supreme's tank is Pyrex. Pyrex is glass though, right?. I thought it's just more heat resistant and tougher than normal glass.

Yup, heat and fracture resistant... but still glass.

I would have thought it originated as labware, but no...

"History
The idea for Pyrex Glassware came from the industrious wife of a Corning Glass Works scientist who was frustrated with her unreliable casserole dish. Knowing the strength of the railroad signal lantern glass her husband worked with, she begged him to bring home something she could use in the kitchen. Voilà, the Pyrex baking dish was born. Two years later, Boston department store Jordan Marsh placed the first order for Pyrex Glassware. The rest, as they say, is history. "

That was ca. 1915 or so, by the way.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Since were talking about PC we like. I've always been partial to Dells. I've had excellent results using them.

My VT133's are chugging along as well. I'm using one as I type this.
:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
dell are ok. I just think you pay alot for the name and the quality isn't what it used to be. and they kinda ruined alienware when they purchased them. and this comes from someone who has purchased 3 laptops in his life and all 3 were dells. my first was an inspiron , my 2nd was a studio 15, and my one i still use is an alienware mx17. I still have the studio 15 and it still works the inspiron i sold for like 100 bucks to a friend to give to his kid when i got the studio and his kid ruined it lol. Now though when you buy lower tier dells they aren't very good and the high tier one's while good are overpriced. i got my alienware cheap, would have never paid the full 2500 it was worth. Your much better off getting a sager at that point. fi you are looking for a more midrange everyday asus is good. hp isn't bad. for cheap toshiba are solid. never buy a lenovo or acer.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Once Dell started relying on assembly in China and limited configurations, they really lost me. I used them extensively before and even built out my entire business network relying on a lot of their hardware. Their business class servers are still quite good, but I would not use them for a home "enthusiast" machine. I did get a box built by Main Gear and was very very happy with it. So much so that when my daughter needed a high end box for school (architecture, and lots of 3D renders), I had them build her something as well. There is a premium price, but if you can justify the use, going with a custom builder like Main Gear is an excellent option.

Oh, and as to the never Apple, remember OSX is just a shell over Unix. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Once Dell started relying on assembly in China and limited configurations, they really lost me. I used them extensively before and even built out my entire business network relying on a lot of their hardware. Their business class servers are still quite good, but I would not use them for a home "enthusiast" machine. I did get a box built by Main Gear and was very very happy with it. So much so that when my daughter needed a high end box for school (architecture, and lots of 3D renders), I had them build her something as well. There is a premium price, but if you can justify the use, going with a custom builder like Main Gear is an excellent option.

Oh, and as to the never Apple, remember OSX is just a shell over Unix. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
check out sager. alot of the building companies are really marketing and get all their stuff from sager. you can buy direct form them and they are kick ass machines at reasonable prices. a 2500 dollar alienware is like a 1500 one from sager. I got one for the president of my company for his work computer and he loves it. he hated all the dells and alienwares he had before

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It is. When you said 'glass' though, I thought you meant plain glass. Pyrex is to glass what pressure-treated wood is to wood. Both wood, but very different properties. Not surprising a Pyrex tank would not break when dropped. Very surprising a glass tank would not break! (Don't know how many times I've knocked the Pyrex coffee pot against the porcelain sink and cringed expecting a CRACK... but nope!) :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once Dell started relying on assembly in China and limited configurations, they really lost me. I used them extensively before and even built out my entire business network relying on a lot of their hardware. Their business class servers are still quite good, but I would not use them for a home "enthusiast" machine.

I wasn't gonna go into it, but you're quite right. In the 90s Dell was an excellent company with quality computers. Then they outsourced to China and their computers went straight downhill. I didn't realize it at the time and had previous Dell laptops that were workhorses, then in 2004 (after they outsourced and b/f I knew it) I bought a new Dell laptop that developed port problems within 13 months... thought it was a fluke and bought another... it also promptly died. That's when I learned what happened...

That said, I read several months ago the former CEO/owner of Dell stepped down around the time they shifted to China, and was horrified to see the company he built lose its reputation... so much so he bought his way back in a few years back (forget exactly when) to get the company back on track. So it's probably a safe bet again, but for me, twice bitten twice shy. I will never buy another Dell.

On thing's for sure... it's all personal likes and dislikes. Any computer that pleases you and stands the test of time is a good one, regardless of who makes it. Most use all the same China manuf's anyway, so it's mostly a question of brand oversight. Using quality China manuf's vs the cheapest ones. Some brands do a better job of that, imo.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have built my own since the days of floppy disk. It's my winter hobby and something i enjoy doing. This is my current workhorse and gaming PC:cheers:

Three cheers, brotha! I built all my own DTs too since the late 80s. However I prefer working on laptops now (quieter), so de-commissioned my last beast a few years back. Of course if I were a heavy gamer I would have kept a DT going.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have built my own since the days of floppy disk. It's my winter hobby and something i enjoy doing. This is my current workhorse and gaming PC:cheers:

View attachment 68184
I'm pretty much done with PCs i decided. last time i built a PC (not for work) was about 10 years ago. Even if my laptop dies i'm done with it. Next thing I'll get is a surface tablet and it'll be everything I need. I have an XB1 a PS4 and I'm gonna buy a scorpio next year so my gaming needs are covered. I stopped PC gaming years ago. It's rare that i use my laptop for gaming anymore. last thing i played on it was marlow briggs like 2 years ago when steam had it on sale for 99 cents lol

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a Ipad Pro 128g for my business, it's nice for on the go. Playing Battlefield 1 & Titan 2 with maxed out graphics on a 2k 32"monitor @ 2560x1440 Resolution is a sight to see:cheers: Keyboard and mouse FTW:D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I use a Ipad Pro 128g for my business, it's nice for on the go. Playing Battlefield 1 & Titan 2 with maxed out graphics on a 2k 32"monitor @ 2560x1440 Resolution is a sight to see:cheers: Keyboard and mouse FTW:D
thats why I'm eager for the scorpio to put my 4k TVs to use.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pyrex is glass though, right?.
Pyrex, aka borosilicate glass has a C.O.E (coefficient of expansion) of 33, regular , everyday glass has a COE between 60 and 90 depending on manufacturer. the lower the COE, the "harder" the glass.

Still waiting to receive my vt167. Seems like it has hit UK customs and got stuck. Ah well, they are probably very busy with christmas I guess.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VT167 in stock in the US: https://ecig-city.com/products/hcigar-vt167-167w-tc-box-mod?utm_campaign=Copy+of%3A+ECC+2016_584694e2597ed70858bf6b9b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&variant=28129139331

I have heard others say if you log into your account, put the item in your cart then just wait a day or 2 they will send you one of those "You left something in your cart" emails and include a 10% off coupon. Never tried it before but if you want to get it for $90 it is worth a shot. I think free shipping starts at $100 at ecig-city though.

Edit: Free shipping over $50

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VT167 in stock in the US: https://ecig-city.com/products/hcigar-vt167-167w-tc-box-mod?utm_campaign=Copy+of%3A+ECC+2016_584694e2597ed70858bf6b9b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&variant=28129139331

I have heard others say if you log into your account, put the item in your cart then just wait a day or 2 they will send you one of those "You left something in your cart" emails and include a 10% off coupon. Never tried it before but if you want to get it for $90 it is worth a shot. I think free shipping starts at $100 at ecig-city though.

Edit: Free shipping over $50
Yeah but there picture doesn't show the carbon fiber battery door. It's a white design. The carbon fiber looks better imo.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but there picture doesn't show the carbon fiber battery door. It's a white design. The carbon fiber looks better imo.
It looks like there are 2 colors available. Gray frame with a black cover
6422400-2.jpg

And Black frame with a Black and White cover
6209300-1.jpg

I'm not sure what the covers are made out of.

Cheers,
Steve

It looks like there are 2 colors available. Gray frame with a black cover

And Black frame with a Black and White cover

I'm not sure what the covers are made out of.

Cheers,
Steve

I got VT167 (Black and White version) last week. The cover is made out of something like rubber with non slip grip texture.

20111019163227315.jpg

It looks something like this, with smaller texture and different color.

Oh, any recommendation on Set Value for desired temperature to get sweet spot?

VU Sponsors