Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
What went wrong on the mod that isn't the board?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's a grounding or 510 issue. I need to get the tool that fits the vt133 screws to open it up. Problem is that the vape is way too cool. Right after I install the coil it's ok. Then there is ohm drift downward and what used to be 440 degrees @ 50 watts turns into 520 degrees at 60 watts. Every other temp control mod I own doesn't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Perhaps it's a grounding or 510 issue. I need to get the tool that fits the vt133 screws to open it up. Problem is that the vape is way too cool. Right after I install the coil it's ok. Then there is ohm drift downward and what used to be 440 degrees @ 50 watts turns into 520 degrees at 60 watts. Every other temp control mod I own doesn't do that.

Sounds like the board to me

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started the RMA process this morning with Evolv.I have no doubt they will repair it and return it asap. They are a good company with great customer service! I will keep you guys updated on my experience with the warranty process.

11/16/2016 RMA Ticket tracking ID: SDQ-RB4-LB8T Submitted

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the board to me

My Efusion does the same thing but to a much lesser degree. Vapes great then after it cools down it reads .76 ohms instead of the .77 or .78 ohms you started with. I'm using SS316L spaced, unspaced, doesn't matter. I think these devices/ software still need work.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils tend to settle after you first make them so that might be what you are seeing.

If they are slightly warm when you first screw them on, the mod will lock a slightly higher resistance. Then when they cool it will refine itself to the true cold resistance.

Something you can do to manipulate the cold resistance is raise the Mods Resistance in the Mod tab of Escribe. The mod reads the total resistance and subtracts the mods resistance to come up with the coils resistance. I have most of my DNA's set between .004-.007 ohms. My Vapor Shark VF is higher. The higher the mods resistance, the lower the coil's resistance will be.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let's take a hard look at the RMA process and see if Evolv does indeed have "great customer service" compared to other companies. For the record, what follows are my experiences I have had with companies I have dealt with when it comes to warranty work. Your experiences may differ.

EVOLV

10/13 - Opened a ticket for my VT133. Mod was not holding a charge and hitting like a wet noodle.
10/15 - Evolv responds and suggests I roll back the software
10/16 - I respond that I rolled it back with no change in performance.
10/20 - I get a response to send the whole mod with an attachment to print out an RMA form

7 days to get to the point where I send my mod back. Great customer service? I don't know? I guess different folks have different criteria for great customer service. For me 7 days to get to the point where I can send the mod is not great when I compare it to other companies I have dealt with. Now to be fair, I had some things going on and I did not send the mod out for a few weeks. They received my mod on 11/11. So far I have not gotten an update or a confirmation that they have received my mod .So they have had my mod since the 11th of this month and I have yet to get a status update. Great customer service? You decide.

Vape Forward

Had a Vapor Flask Classic that was about 9 months old and clearly out of warranty. Mod just died and was not reading any atomizer. I called VF, and a real person answered the phone. Explained the situation and they offered to replace it with a refurb as long as I payed to ship the old mod to them. Shipped the old mod out that day. 7 days later I had my replacement that I still use till this day. Great customer service? I think so.

Innokin

Had a Coolfire TC 100 that just decide to not turn on one day. Emailed Innokin because they don't list a phone number. Their response was basically too bad your out of warranty. Mod was about 6 months old. Great customer service? I don't think so.

Hohmtech

Pre ordered 2 Slices. One was delayed and one was on time with a faulty, sticky firing button. Called HT and a real person answers the phone. Wound up speaking to the President of the company. He apologized and sent me 2 new mods 2nd day air. He even included the mod that was delayed because of the color. Along with my mods they included a shipping label to send my faulty mod back. Great customer service? Hell yeah!

So does Evolv have great customer service? Not according to my experiences. In my opinion their customer service is mediocre at best. To me great customer service is achieved by doing the little things like having a person answer the phone instead of a machine. Making the customer feel like a person and not just a number. I mean, Evolv doesn't even have a phone number to call. Everything is done through that archaic ticket system. When you compare that to my experiences with VF, I had a new mod in hand in the same time it took me to get permission to send my mod to Evolv. Compare that to HT's customer service and it's not even a race. They get blown away. Again these are my experiences, yours may differ but I just don't see how anyone can legitimately say Evolv has "great customer service". Let's be honest here it's not great, it's OK at best. Anyway that's my take on it.

Last edited:

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
The coils tend to settle after you first make them so that might be what you are seeing.

If they are slightly warm when you first screw them on, the mod will lock a slightly higher resistance. Then when they cool it will refine itself to the true cold resistance.

Something you can do to manipulate the cold resistance is raise the Mods Resistance in the Mod tab of Escribe. The mod reads the total resistance and subtracts the mods resistance to come up with the coils resistance. I have most of my DNA's set between .004-.007 ohms. My Vapor Shark VF is higher. The higher the mods resistance, the lower the coil's resistance will be.

Cheers,
Steve

Good points. DNA shouldn't be so finicky IMO but I have thought on your suggestions.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not all Atomizer are created equal imo. Some are a lot more stable in TC. I really like the Crown tank, but it's has it's issues with TC. That is a huge plus with Escribe, it tells you what's working and what's not working:cheers:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not all Atomizer are created equal imo. Some are a lot more stable in TC. I really like the Crown tank, but it's has it's issues with TC. That is a huge plus with Escribe, it tells you what's working and what's not working:cheers:
you need really good connections for temp control including preferably grub screws

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
One other observation on the vt133. Very soft 510 pin. All my atomizers sit flush without effort. My Efusion is stiffer and I notice that making the connection snug can be important. I just did this experiment where my Merlin didn't vape as warm as I expected. Gave it a quarter extra turn to get it snug and there it goes back to that nice slightly warm vape. Btw very pleased with the battery life of the Efusion DNA200 lipo.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite VT133 took a nasty fall today from a 4 foot high counter onto a solid hard wood floor. It made a loud thud when it hit the floor. The battery cover flew all the way across the room. I thought it was dead for sure. Figured my trusty Supreme was dead as well.

I couldn't believe it when everything was working just fine. The glass tank didn't even break. This combination is unbelievably tough. I can't seem to kill it. I was so nervous, I brought a spare mod with me just in case but the VT133 is working like a champ :)

IMG_20161117_125309.jpg
Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My favorite VT133 took a nasty fall today from a 4 foot high counter onto a solid hard wood floor. It made a loud thump when it hit the floor. The battery cover flew all the way across the room. I thought it was dead for sure. Figured my trusty Supreme was dead as well.

I couldn't believe it when everything was working just fine. The glass tank didn't even break. This combination is unbelievably tough. I can't seem to kill it. I was so nervous, I brought a spare mod with me just in case but the VT133 is working like a champ :)

View attachment 66820
Cheers,
Steve
thats good to hear. some mods are durable as hell. others seem to die if you look at them funny

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color of my black VT133 battery cover started to peel off.
Wanted to buy a silver one instead but can't find it in stock anywhere (preferably cheep, from China and with free shipping)

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color of my black VT133 battery cover started peel off.
Wanted to but a silver one instead but can't find it in stock anywhere (preferably cheep, from China and with free shipping)
I'm just seeing Black from FT and GB atm. It's a killer price at GB at $4.80.
http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_348524.html

A few days back in this thread someone posted a link to battery covers. I can't remember the name of the place but they had all the colors except Red. I think they were around $11 though. I'm not at home atm, so I can't search the thread for the link. It should be on the last few pages.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wanted to buy a silver one instead but can't find it in stock anywhere (preferably cheep, from China and with free shipping)
Fastech has them. Says discontinued but still allows you to add it to the cart.

$6.62 Authentic HCigar VT133 133W Battery Cover - VT133, Zinc Alloy, Silver (free shipping) - FastTech.com

https://fs.tc/p/4893600

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just seeing Black from FT and GB atm. It's a killer price at GB at $4.80.
http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_348524.html

A few days back in this thread someone posted a link to battery covers. I can't remember the name of the place but they had all the colors except Red. I think they were around $11 though. I'm not at home atm, so I can't search the thread for the link. It should be on the last few pages.

Cheers,
Steve
I think you are referring to this site https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/shop/discontinued/authentic-hcigar-vt133-colored-battery-cover/

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorite VT133 took a nasty fall today from a 4 foot high counter onto a solid hard wood floor. It made a loud thud when it hit the floor. The battery cover flew all the way across the room. I thought it was dead for sure. Figured my trusty Supreme was dead as well.

View attachment 66820
Cheers,
Steve

With my luck...

If my VT133 did that, it would of split in half..atty snap in the middle warping the body and 510, glass broken, shatter the tile floor, juice would of flown back up in the air, land in my eye, I'd yell out loud Mfr! While flailing about due to hot juice, trip over my own damn foot, and nut dive into the railing, fall down the stairs, break a leg, fracture my skull all the while my 2 dogs laughing at me in dog talk.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
With my luck...

If my VT133 did that, it would of split in half..atty snap in the middle warping the body and 510, glass broken, shatter the tile floor, juice would of flown back up in the air, land in my eye, I'd yell out loud Mfr! While flailing about due to hot juice, trip over my own damn foot, and nut dive into the railing, fall down the stairs, break a leg, fracture my skull all the while my 2 dogs laughing at me in dog talk.

i dropped my blue alien a few times and beat the shit out of my blue G2 and both are still perfect lol. i did drop my indie duo RDA about 4 feet onto my bathroom rug and it cracked the inside glass part lol i can still use it. think it works just as good lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i dropped my blue alien a few times and beat the shit out of my blue G2 and both are still perfect lol. i did drop my indie duo RDA about 4 feet onto my bathroom rug and it cracked the inside glass part lol i can still use it. think it works just as good lol
You could do a burn out on that G2 and she'd still fire. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=cSBu05iNb74

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could do a burn out on that G2 and she'd still fire. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=cSBu05iNb74

I saw that video...but honestly with my luck, you could substitute the above Vt133 with the G2 I have and the same outcome... I was only meant to have nice things temporarily LOL

For instance, back in 2007, I bought a brand new Chevy 2500 Diesel Quad Cab...2 months later...fucker got stolen.

Early life, had a Green Machine 3 wheeler as a kid, that fucker was stolen lol

After the Chevy I got 2008 BMW 535, gone after 3 months...

Buy the VT133, died 2 months later..

So with my luck, yes the G2 will be dead in approx. 8-10 weeks lol

and that is just a few mentions of bad luck!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tell you what. You buy a G2. If it doesn't last 8-10 weeks I'll give you what you paid for it. Provided you take reasonable care of it and don't do any burnouts on it. Lol. That's how confident I am in the quality of the G2.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ended up making my own silver cover by stripping the black color off, sanding and polishing the cover :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tell you what. You buy a G2. If it doesn't last 8-10 weeks I'll give you what you paid for it. Provided you take reasonable care of it and don't do any burnouts on it. Lol. That's how confident I am in the quality of the G2.

upload_2016-11-17_16-33-49.png

I do have one, in the background is my 133 ;) with the Engine on it.

Bought it while my VT133 was in for repair

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, we'll then you know the quality I speak of. How long you had it?

Honestly forget, think its been a week, +- a few days...got it, went to town with it. Sits on my desk along side the VT133, my *cough* Sig155(213) *cough* and my Mechs...I am happy with it. Especially for the price it was bought for. $53

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly forget, think its been a week, +- a few days...got it, went to town with it. Sits on my desk along side the VT133, my *cough* Sig155(213) *cough* and my Mechs...I am happy with it. Especially for the price it was bought for. $53
Lol the 213. My girl has one. It's great in power mode but..... lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah yeah...lol
I have a friend who still swears it does kenthal in temp mode. He did finally get a new mod though but picked the limitless lmc one. He's impatient and impulse buys at local shops

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a friend who still swears it does kenthal in temp mode. He did finally get a new mod though but picked the limitless lmc one. He's impatient and impulse buys at local shops

I said this on another thread. I had a guy on FB tell me I need to stop spreading misinformation about the 213. He assured me that he had indeed ran his own tests on the mod. He stated emphatically that the mod does do tc, does do 213 watts, and is upgradeable. He said it would be wise of me to listen to experienced vapers like him. Lmfao. He said Daniel from Djslb Vapes is just full of shit. Lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I said this on another thread. I had a guy on FB tell me I need to stop spreading misinformation about the 213. He assured me that he had indeed ran his own tests on the mod. He stated emphatically that the mod does do tc, does do 213 watts, and is upgradeable. He said it would be wise of me to listen to experienced vapers like him. Lmfao. He said Daniel from Djslb Vapes is just full of shit. Lol.

Some people man

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With my luck...

LMFAO......when you have luck like ours laughter is the best medicine. You really had me rolling bud

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heads up for all my DNA peeps that may be into single coil RTA'S. Efun has the Ammit for $19.99 on preorder use code AM. It's getting great reviews.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
RMA Approved this morning at 9:00am:vino:Monday they get shipped out for repair. 48 hrs into RMA process:cheers:

We would be happy to take a look at, and diagnose your devices.

Please send your device and the RMA form (attached) to:

Evolv RMA
5171 Hudson Dr.
Hudson, OH 44236

Please print, complete, and include the RMA form in your package. If a package is received without an RMA form it will be returned as-is. Also, please note this Ticket Number on your RMA form so that we may reference it!

Upon receipt, we'll repair it and send it back out as soon as we are able. You MUST send your return via a traceable carrier such as USPS, UPS, or FedEx and retain your tracking number. If for any reason we cannot locate your return and do not have a tracking number we will be unable to provide assistance.

Thanks,
Nick Coutris
Evolv, Inc

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I got the OBS Engine early and here's my thoughts after a day and a half.

Easy to wick, has a slightly bigger deck than the Supreme.
Vaping great, flavor and vapor is on par with my Supremes. .18 NiFe52 at 50W
No leaking, condensation, no juice outside the tank whatsoever.

I did have a wee problem with the fill.
I have some absolutely clear juice. I have eyes that need glasses for anything close enough to be a danger.
So, slide the juice fill ring up (I really like the way this is implemented) and start filling, slowly but steadily.
After a bit, I notice a cool wet feeling. Yikes! I overfilled the tank. What an idiot move, but entirely my fault.
I'm going to dye the juice bright green now...

If you're on the fence about this tank, I couldn't give it a higher recommendation.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Windows sucks major rocks. I just bought a Lenovo 100S with windows 10 to have all my DNA files in one place - they frown on us installing 3rd party software on the computers at work. I sent 3 hours trying to install escribe on it and I get this message several times during installation. Escribe doesn't launch.Capture.JPG

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what version you are trying to install. You can't install 1.2 SP5 without first installing 1.2 SP3. SP5 is just am add-on (Service Pack). I had no problems installing Escribe on Win10.

Instal this first:
[RECOMMENDED]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 60 Small Screen, 75, 200, and 250.

Then install SP5

[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5a ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
https://download-mirror.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (slower, alternate download link)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the device side:
- DNA 200 and DNA 250 no longer lose the battery meter on startup sometimes.
- Calibration values have been improved slightly for newer DNA 200s and DNA 250s. (More accurate USB Voltage, mainly.)
- Temperature Protected and other messages now show the correct number of flashes again.
- Some VaporShark DNA 200s would reset charging when above 0.8A with 1.2 SP3 and 1.2 SP4. They now charge at full speed.

On the EScribe side:
- Device Monitor no longer shows Battery Cell 3 on 2-cell devices (except in debug mode).
- Get Information shows test information in an easier-to-read form.
- Production Utility's Battery Test is now more thorough. It also shows a progress bar.
- Production Utility's Fire Test completes more quickly now. It also shows a progress bar.
- This resolves some more scaling issues in Large Fonts mode and some crash bugs.
- Minor bug and compatibility fixes.

[SP5a fixes a few minor EScribe bugs in SP5.]

Cheers,
Steve

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I downloaded the version posted in the Escribe site, no luck! I then downloaded the one you linked to, again no luck.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a dog in that fight but it was a great game. I am a UCLA fan so I need something entertaining to watch. ......

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, just went through the install again. ....with the same results. I went to install the file above and during that installation it told me that it was blocked because a previous installation had to restart first. WTF?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right click on the installs and run as administrator, perhaps that might work.
Perhaps Windows update has something that's needed.
Along with DW's suggestions, I'll add. I'm not sure if you have tried this, but sometimes rebooting the PC will help.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310 , I've restarted the thing so many times I believe RESTART is becoming the native mode.:headbang:
@dwcraig1 I will try it and get back to you, whether or not this tablet goes flying like its predecessor did three days ago.

VU Sponsors