Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an update on my Plastidip experiment. Sadly, it's not working out. It feels just plain old dirty to the touch. Not at all the same texture and nice feel of the rubberized covers.

Anyone else give it a try yet? Maybe it's just me and the application... hoping it's different for others as i "want" this to work!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Anyone try that crap they keep advertising on television, with the guy in a pond rowing his screen door plastered with the "stuff"?

Can't think of the name for some reason....age related I guess...:)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an update on my Plastidip experiment. Sadly, it's not working out. It feels just plain old dirty to the touch. Not at all the same texture and nice feel of the rubberized covers.

Anyone else give it a try yet? Maybe it's just me and the application... hoping it's different for others as i "want" this to work!

Sorry to hear that. I had high hopes for this. Was thinking of at least giving the Black one a coating to try and replicate the rubber feel of the brightly colored battery covers.

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess this is my fault for talking about the Deeming Regs. I wasn't saying one side is better or worse than the other. I was just saying the Regs as written suck. I'm sure there are more appropriate places to get into political debates than this thread.
Indeed Steve...my fault too for joining in...you are always sensible! Let's get back to the 133!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess this is my fault for talking about the Deeming Regs. I wasn't saying one side is better or worse than the other. I was just saying the Regs as written suck. I'm sure there are more appropriate places to get into political debates than this thread.
I don't have a problem with this. I think it's healthy to have an open minded, adult political discussion about the hobby/lifestyle we all love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone try that crap they keep advertising on television, with the guy in a pond rowing his screen door plastered with the "stuff"?

Can't think of the name for some reason....age related I guess...:)
I patched a shed roof with it 3 years ago and it still hasn't leaked. May be a little rough texture wise to put on a mod.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If any senators wanted to do something about the deeming regs, several of those scumbags could have waved their hand by now. From what I've read, there is only one Senator (Ron Johnson) questioning the fda, and publicly talking about it.

Sickening.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If any senators wanted to do something about the deeming regs, several of those scumbags could have waved their hand by now. From what I've read, there is only one Senator (Ron Johnson) questioning the fda, and publicly talking about it.

Sickening.
Here's a list of all the politicians that support vaping. Notice all the big R's next to most of the names.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2058/all-info#cosponsors

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But seriously, I was not trying to discourage anyone....I seriously want to believe it's just me . Additionally, its really hot here in Sacramento today so I'm sure that did not help the times I stepped outside to vape

Did you rough-up the finish with some large grit sandpaper prior to spraying the cover?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you rough-up the finish with some large grit sandpaper prior to spraying the cover?
I don't think they recommend that with plasti dip because it's peelable. The whole point of the stuff is you can peel it off and go back to the original finish. I used it on my fender flares on my Jeep Wrangler and I left them smooth. Came out beautiful and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than new fender flares.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think they recommend that with plasti dip because it's peelable. The whole point of the stuff is you can peel it off and go back to the original finish. I used it on my fender flares on my Jeep Wrangler and I left them smooth. Came out beautiful and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than new fender flares.

Are the fender flares metal?

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Exactly. I painted my front grille with it and it's beautiful. Bit, I also don't have to touch the grille.

What I find interesting is that one of its marketed purposes is to paint handles of tools and such. I don't like...not at all. Thinking about painting a handle of a screwdriver to see if it produces better results. I've only had experience with blacking out auto parts on my car, never to touch until now...hmmmm??

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing about plasti dip is when it's touched over and over. The sweat and oil from hands starts to weaken it and it starts peeling. Just my experience when I plasti dipped my battery cover on my cell phone.
Sounds like it's back to the drawing board on this then. I wonder what type of paint Hcigar used on the Brightly Colored Covers because mine don't feel sticky at all.

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like it's back to the drawing board on this then. I wonder what type of paint Hcigar used on the Brightly Colored Covers because mine don't feel sticky at all.

Cheers,
Steve
Starting to think it's not paint at all. I'm thinking a rubberized/fabric glued to the base. Kinda like the leather glued onto the cover of the triade

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps I'll email hcigar again, saying I need to touch up a couple covers on the 133's, what product is on the covers?......:rolleyes:
That's a good strategy. Now that plastidip may be out for me, I'm much more interested in getting another cover. Hopefully red this time. I would love a slate grey too...but that's probably pushing my luck

Just switched back from the Plastidip cover...OMG the rubberized cover is the business

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a good strategy. Now that plastidip may be out for me, I'm much more interested in getting another cover. Hopefully red this time. I would love a slate grey too...but that's probably pushing my luck

Just switched back from the Plastidip cover...OMG the rubberized cover is the business

It's definitely a form of plastic I don't have on any other mod...even the vaporsharks have a shitting rubber finish you can easily peel off with a fingernail not even trying....e-juice even melts it off. Unlike whatever their using.

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well damn, Home Depot last weekend only had black and white plasti dip spray, so after some research on the colors I lie found a blue I liked and it will be arriving Friday. But now I see this about your failed attempt.

It could be a few things.
  • You used a silver cover, just like I was planning on using. When looking at the plasti dip info they advised using a primer coat on silver and some other finishes. So I may do that.
  • More coats of spray and time between coats to dry and set.
  • There was the possibility as mentioned above about sweat and oils breaking it down from your hands.
By this time next week I may have mine ready to start using all sprayed if it fails or not. Another to go to the cause.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DO NOT QUOTE THE SPAM !!!

We know what can happen when those accounts get deleted, you don't want any attachment to the spam post.

I don't even like having it in the damn thread, it's radioactive.

I reported it and tagged Huck (we were already discussing SPAM in the "What not to do" thread).

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
DO NOT QUOTE THE SPAM !!!

We know what can happen when those accounts get deleted, you don't want any attachment to the spam post.

I don't even like having it in the damn thread, it's radioactive.

I reported it and tagged Huck (we were already discussing SPAM in the "What not to do" thread).
I guess I should have known better.....a bit corrected now.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I should have known better.....a bit corrected now.

Dodged a bullet there, maybe.

I hadn't seen one of them drop into an existing thread... twice no less.

But even the drunken mods know to not just drunkenly let the software void out the posts of everyone in such a long thread.

Hopefully. :p

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've had a thought lately about going a different route. Been toying with the idea of getting the door cerakoted. Only thing is I like the feel of the door now so I'd lose that but sure would last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a thought lately about going a different route. Been toying with the idea of getting the door cerakoted. Only thing is I like the feel of the door now so I'd lose that but sure would last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was thinking along the same lines of trying something different. I wonder how bed liner for trucks would work. Just thinking outside the box. It would definitely be tough :D.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I was thinking something like this but I don't know how expensive it is.
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/coatings/truck-bed-coating-spray/

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was thinking along the same lines of trying something different. I wonder how bed liner for trucks would work. Just thinking outside the box. It would definitely be tough :D.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I was thinking something like this but I don't know how expensive it is.
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/coatings/truck-bed-coating-spray/
Oh that might be a good idea Steve. I was thinking cerakote because I have a custom mod being made right now with it and he's going to do the rda to match. I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap and that bed coating may be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking of applying a different finish over top of the Plastidip. If it doesn't work out hopefully I can just peel it off. I have some plastic spray I have used for gun stocks that is very durable...Krylon Fusion is what it is...Camouflage.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I just chatted with Zach at ecig....said they are not restocking the mods.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a feeling these online stores are trying to sell the crap they have in stock, not knowing what may happen Aug 8th when the nanny-state-communist regs kick-in.

From what I understand, they can sell products they have in stock, but cannot legally order more?....or am I wrong?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling these online stores are trying to sell the crap they have in stock, not knowing what may happen Aug 8th when the nanny-state-communist regs kick-in.

From what I understand, they can sell products they have in stock, but cannot legally order more?....or am I wrong?
Supposedly they can keep selling and manufacturing. As they have two years to file the paperwork and then after two years if not approved or filed, they must stop.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I just chatted with Zach at ecig....said they are not restocking the mods.

They aren't restocking a few items. I asked about an RTA that I know they had a few days back, and got the 'We won't restock it' answer.
Can't blame them for not wanting tie up capital in inventory that could (not likely) not be able to be sold in a couple of months.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Supposedly they can keep selling and manufacturing. As they have two years to file the paperwork and then after two years if not approved or filed, they must stop.
I believe you are correct...just seems odd several online stores seem to be toning down inventory.

VU Sponsors