Become a Patron!

Having trouble finding suitable juice

I just quit smoking using a Lush Ice Flair. So far it seems that its the only thing i can tolerate because its super icey and i used to smoke cigarettes that were very similar, coolant wise. Im trying to find something that is low on flavor but the same level of "ice ". So far i have tried 6 and 3mg salt nic with koolada, which seems close, but it almost seems like the salt nic is making me feel funky. Weird because it's a much lower nicotine concentration. Not sure if its because the clouds are a little bigger, or its a different pg/vg mix?

Idk so far i have tried freebase 3mg liquid and 6 to 18 mg salt nic mixed with koolada. I have a box mod and a caliburn g and theyre both also putting out way too much cloud for my taste. The box i can adjust and thats a bit better, but idk i still get a little funky feeling so idk what the deal is.

Can anyone offer up some insight or suggestions?
Thanks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just to be clear... some juices state mg/ml and some (like salts) often state %. 6% = 60 mg. I've never heard of 3 mg salt juice (could it be 3 %)? You say box mod... what tank/coil are you using? How many watts? Please give us more details.

Just to be clear... some juices state mg/ml and some (like salts) often state %. 6% = 60 mg. I've never heard of 3 mg salt juice (could it be 3 %)? You say box mod... what tank/coil are you using? How many watts? Please give us more details.
The salt nic i got is 18 mg in 100 ml. So idk. I know my flair is 5 percent (50mg). I have a valryian coil and i run it low like 30 to 40 watts. I just cant find a good mixture thats similar to a Lush Ice flair. Thats what im trying to get. Nice smooth very icy/mentholy. I guess more "throat hit"? Idk im not a veteran with vapes. Ive vaped here and there and now I'm officially only vaping. So im a noob

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your box mod kit look something like this?

As far as nicotine content/juice you should probably use a 50% PG over 50% VG juice. That juice should be 6 mg per ml, otherwise written 6mg/ml.

I use 18mg/ml myself but always have due to my weird physiology. I'm also using maximum VG. I get modest clouds& flavor using mechanical mods & RDAs. I vape unflavored juice.

Here is a good menthol type of flavor. I know it says spearmint. It tastes and suits well enough to replace menthol though. Look around on Bull City's site, you'll find some other good flavors at good prices.

Check out our DIY Eliquid section to learn how to mix your own flavored juices. It's not as difficult as it may first seem & as a bonus you might help yourself by learning more about various issues facing vapers in various countries.

You're in the right place to learn. Please excuse me though, need to get back to bed. 5 AM comes early.

Thanks for the replies. I think i just need to find the right coolant. Maybe i should try some ws 23? Im just not sure how to mix it into my juice. Can i just add a drop or two or do i dilute it in a base first? I got koolada and it isnt doing it for me. Its my local vape shops koolada though so idk. Not getting that super cold inhale im looking for.

Yeah i might try the ws 23. I got straight menthol today and that actually helped a lot, but it has that subtle cough drop ish taste and that's what i was trying to avoid. It gave me the throat hit and coolness im after, but i dont want that menthol "taste". Halls classic taste lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i might try the ws 23. I got straight menthol today and that actually helped a lot, but it has that subtle cough drop ish taste and that's what i was trying to avoid. It gave me the throat hit and coolness im after, but i dont want that menthol "taste". Halls classic taste lol

Hm, might try adding a few drops of sweet cream. That ought to subtly blend out the cough drop taste.

Does anyone know of a site i can order Aisu juice? I think its by Zap! Cant seem to find it to order to the states. Apparently that line is really good and super cold as well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think you're best possibility is going to be working with DIY. Lots of places, even in the United States are shuttered, or outright closed due to restrictions legislated recently. Not sure any body will be openly forth coming with sources, even if they have any.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm into DIY... have not tried menthol, koolada or WS-23. Only because I found PUR (Purilum) butter mint (like an after dinner mint... mostly peppermint with a slight buttery creamy note) and have never looked back. I just love this stuff (and PUR is cheap) You can even add it to pre-made juices.
My research seems to be that some people either like/hate koolada or WS-23 but not both (I don't have a clue but most like one or the other) I'm just happy with my butter mint. BCF now has it. It works with almost any other flavor.

VU Sponsors