Become a Patron!

Having lots of problems with ipv4

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I updated it earlier but I know it's not update related because it started gradually doing this earlier today. I keep getting check atomizer and coil dry no liquid when I try to fire it. My coils are fine they will fire fine on other mods. I read about the ipv4 not being insulated well, could that be causing this? Anyone had this problem?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I updated it earlier but I know it's not update related because it started gradually doing this earlier today. I keep getting check atomizer and coil dry no liquid when I try to fire it. My coils are fine they will fire fine on other mods. I read about the ipv4 not being insulated well, could that be causing this? Anyone had this problem?
I really don't understand what you're asking. what kind of problems are you having exactly? I have two IPV4's that run perfectly, although I haven't done the upgrade. What is the resistance of your build?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My builds are fine, I've seen on another forum Ruth ppl having the same problems. I will juice my cotton up and it still give the message coil dry, or it will give the message check atomizer. It's a hardware problem from what I've read.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't understand what you're asking. what kind of problems are you having exactly? I have two IPV4's that run perfectly, although I haven't done the upgrade. What is the resistance of your build?

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My builds are fine, I've seen on another forum Ruth ppl having the same problems. I will juice my cotton up and it still give the message coil dry, or it will give the message check atomizer. It's a hardware problem from what I've read.
OK....good luck with figuring it out..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just upgraded mine and am running a .15 Ohm Dual coil in my Vulcan Dripper at 50 Joules and 450 Degrees. I only get the dry coil and current pulsing when is is dry. The Memory settings are still not working with the upgrade, that sucks donkey balls.

I would re-upgrade yours just to be sure.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just upgraded mine and am running a .15 Ohm Dual coil in my Vulcan Dripper at 50 Joules and 450 Degrees. I only get the dry coil and current pulsing when is is dry. The Memory settings are still not working with the upgrade, that sucks donkey balls.

I would re-upgrade yours just to be sure.
You need to upgrate it thats your problem lol
sucks pre sets are still only factory ones :(

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What pisses me off is I have several attys with specific builds, Ti and Ni200 and I have figured out their optimum settings for Joules, not being able to have the mod keep those settings is a royal pita. No wonder why I keep going back to my SXMini.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What pisses me off is I have several attys with specific builds, Ti and Ni200 and I have figured out their optimum settings for Joules, not being able to have the mod keep those settings is a royal pita. No wonder why I keep going back to my SXMini.
Man, is TC really worth all the hassle?
I ask that because I get way better satisfaction vaping simple
Kanthel builds....I found TC to be a PITA! ...but that's just me, being the simple man I am...lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get the dry coil when it's wet. It depends on how cold the coil is when I lock it in. .1Ω-ish. Set at .097, dry coil warning-wet coil. Set at .11, it's fine. Set at .12, it seems powerful (I've never pushed it to see if it will burn at that lock in).

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what temp are you running it at?

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
what temp are you running it at?
That too, lower temperatures gives the warning when the coil is wet with the lower lock in.
I just tried it post upgrate. .097Ω 325°F dry coil, 400° works fine, 375° was iffy.

I originally figured this out with a dripper to figure out the warmer lock in to get it to give the warning when the coil wasn't soaked. Now I've got a subtank on so I can't look.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just made a new coil, slightly different, now the lock in Ω (fresh/cold) seems much more powerful and no dry coil warning at 275°F if puffing, dry coil if not puffing before shut off. More vapor at similar/higher temps comparably.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How did you perform the update? Instructions / link? I would like to give this upgrade a shot, but im afraid of reducing my IPV4 to paperweight status...

Take atomizer off and batteries out. Connect to computer with usb cable that came with it. Download the latest SXI from pioneer4you.com. When you launch it, you'll need to click Connection first, then Install Driver. Then click the button for Start Windows 7 or Windows 8 x64 setting if your in 64 bit OS like I am. It should then pop up a box that will have your device listed. Then hit Install WCID Driver. Onest that's all done, slick the SXI logo to go back to main and choose the Upgrade button and upgrade using the IPV4 "Test" patch file. If f you don't see your IPV4 listed, (Mine is listed as SX330-V4 at first but now shows SX330-V4S) you might need to try another data cable. Other than that, I don't know what might be wrong. Maybe try a different computer. Also, I noticed neither it nor my IPV3 Li like to be connected to the USB3 port. So try and make sure you are using USB2.

Firmware update file http://www.pioneer4you.com/article.php?id=30
SXI App to update your IPV4: http://www.pioneer4you.com/article.php?id=27

VU Sponsors