Become a Patron!

Having issued staggering staples

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive done many framed staggered staples and never had an issue using loop technique or weighted loop staggering them. However now i keep having problems staggering regular staples. Ive done it before but for some reason this time my loop wire keeps braking. So frustrating! Its breaking every inch or so. Im sure its abraiding on the edge of the ribbon bundle so tried diffrent pressues on the loop and its either is too light and comes out of place or too much pressure and it snaps. Im using 40gN80. Would it help to use a diffrent 40g wire for the loop? Like kanthal or SS? Mabey they would be more tolerant of the sharp edges on the ribbon bundle? Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
:nothingtoadd: Watching in the hope I can pick up a tip too hehe

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try Kanthal, plus remember the technique that allowed you to wrap them before....

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try Kanthal, plus remember the technique that allowed you to wrap them before....
If memory serves that 1st one was 36g kanthal. Guess i should get a tiny spool of 40g kanthal for the loop and try again.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:nothingtoadd: Watching in the hope I can pick up a tip too hehe
Ill let you know what went wrong when i figure it out. Learning from mistakes! Dumb to think that since framed staples went so good for me in the past that staggering plain staples wouldnt give me a headache. Keep rocking em out!

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Paraclap.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Th3T

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6ply.jpg I just did my 2nd staggered staple for working on staggerton yesterday, 6 ply w/36g n80. I used the top part of my limitless plus for a weight and it worked out ok, somehow my ribbon stack got a very slight twist but the staggering worked alright, def not para-clap perfect but doable for practice. Maybe with the 40g its so thin you will have to paraclap? Or perhaps with 40g you need a lighter weight.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loop just isn't good enough. No only will the ribbon cut right through it but the spacing is going to be off at least a little bit.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 78713 I just did my 2nd staggered staple for working on staggerton yesterday, 6 ply w/36g n80. I used the top part of my limitless plus for a weight and it worked out ok, somehow my ribbon stack got a very slight twist but the staggering worked alright, def not para-clap perfect but doable for practice. Maybe with the 40g its so thin you will have to paraclap? Or perhaps with 40g you need a lighter weight.
Nice work! Looks great

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loop just isn't good enough. No only will the ribbon cut right through it but the spacing is going to be off at least a little bit.

I've got some flawless results using the loop method @whiteowl84, u've probably seen them in the IG chat so it's possible for sure.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using 40g over ribbon?

@whiteowl84 Used 38/40g ni80 yeahh along with those alienmakers from Patinosync
2vv9ic7.jpg

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
38g or 40g survived the loop?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've got some flawless results using the loop method @whiteowl84, u've probably seen them in the IG chat so it's possible for sure.

Gonna try it ....been after those alien makers in the uk they are awesome ...I contacted the guy that makes them got this reply

"Hey man what's up, we ship to the U.K. The shipping is 14.50 for standard first class usps. We are working on getting some other distributors out there like @brightwireuk among a couple others. It's still in the works.

Thanks,
Chris
At Patino's Coil Smithing"

So gonna keep an eye out for them over here!

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna try it ....been after those alien makers in the uk they are awesome ...I contacted the guy that makes them got this reply

"Hey man what's up, we ship to the U.K. The shipping is 14.50 for standard first class usps. We are working on getting some other distributors out there like @brightwireuk among a couple others. It's still in the works.

Thanks,
Chris
At Patino's Coil Smithing"

So gonna keep an eye out for them over here!
Yes, Chris is a nice guy.
He actually supplied my whole team with the Alienmakers to try out, hes coming out with widebody alienmakers soon aswell so u might wanna hold back from ordering if u want them both so u can order it all in once. Definately something to look out for :)

38g or 40g survived the loop?
Yes it actually did, i belive i used 40g Kanthal D or n80. I've had times breaking the wire and times whitout issue's.
If ur able to paraclap thats definately the way to go i assume, i just been doing it the lazy way :rolleyes:

But conclusion its definately possible with 40g :cheers:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yes, Chris is a nice guy.
He actually supplied my whole team with the Alienmakers to try out, hes coming out with widebody alienmakers soon aswell so u might wanna hold back from ordering if u want them both so u can order it all in once. Definately something to look out for :)

Yes it actually did, i belive i used 40g Kanthal D or n80. I've had times breaking the wire and times whitout issue's.
If ur able to paraclap thats definately the way to go i assume, i just been doing it the lazy way :rolleyes:

But conclusion its definately possible with 40g :cheers:

Just pre ordered the alienmakers from brightwire uk nice!

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just pre ordered the alienmakers from brightwire uk nice!
Enjoy mate, make sure to "wear" them in.
Stick a piece of 26g inside and wiggle it around until they slide freely over the cores.

VU Sponsors