Become a Patron!

Having a lot of problems with spitting and overheating with first vaper

Hi all,

Just got my first vaping device -- a Joyetech eGO AIO -- yesterday (trying to get off the cigarettes), and having a lot of problems with it.

The first one or two vapes were fine, I turned it on, hit the button, took a few drags, and it was all fine.

Yesterday evening, I tried it, and it spit some liquid into my mouth. Now, whenever I turn it on, it gets incredibly hot, either causing the vapor to be too hot, or the device to spit liquid into my mouth.

I have no idea what this is happening (this is supposed to be leakproof, and it didn't overheat the first few times I tried it), and it has just become too unpleasant to use at this point.

I assume I'm doing something wrong? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try turning down the wattage, or changing the coil to see if that is what is causing it maybe?
What have you tried doing so far?

Try turning down the wattage, or changing the coil to see if that is what is causing it maybe?
What have you tried doing so far?

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried changing the coil, and that doesn't seem to have achieved anything. Re turning down the wattage, I Googled this, and my understanding is that the device doesn't support doing so?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you don't have the drip tip cap on correctly?
And over filling will cause spitting and leaking

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea it doesn't allow wattage control, There are other video's on Utube that may explain things better, Also there is that slight chance you may have a defective unit. I hope you find the cause, Good luck!!!!

Yea it doesn't allow wattage control, There are other video's on Utube that may explain things better, Also there is that slight chance you may have a defective unit. I hope you find the cause, Good luck!!!!

Thanks for the tips. It must be a defective unit. Looking into the cap, it looks like the plastic has been melted slightly by the heat.

I just cleaned, replaced everything, and started fresh, and every click results in hot liquid being spit out the top.

I assume that this has to be a defective unit at this point.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea...There should be any melting of plastic at all, Can you contact the seller?

Last edited:
Yea...There should be no melting of plastic at all, Can you contact the seller?

I could be wrong about the melting, but the shape looks a bit distorted. Bought it in home city, and won't be back for a while, but will see what I can do. Going to call into a vaping place here and see what they say when I show them the tip.

Thanks for pointers.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the cubis atomizer right?
Those can flood when you put the coil in because of the design as you put the top on it pressurizes the chamber and forces juice into the coil flooding it.
I dont prime the coils on my wifes cubis. I install and let it sit for 15 minutes for the cotton to wick up what it needs... especially since assembling it will force juice up into the coil and self prime it anyway.

If that still doesn't work then flip it upside down and flick the excess juice out of the coil (as joyetech suggests). Still too wet? Hold upside down so the bottom of the coil is out of the juice, fire it while blowing out to burn the excess out.

The new new cubis has a top fill cap that you can leave off while assembling so it doesn't pressurize the tank as much, works much better and does not flood the coil.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what coils are you using???????????????????????????? More likely to be a coil and tank issue rather than the mod. Bad coils happen. Wrong coils for the job at hand happen often. The fact that it's firing tells me the mod is working just fine, and to look at the atomizer for the solution first.

flavorchaser077

Member For 4 Years
when you are filling your tank, make sure no juice gets in the air tube. this can cause you to eat juice, which is never a pleasant experience.

VU Sponsors