Become a Patron!

Have you ever heard of this mod?

I'm looking to buy my first unregulated box but Im not really wanted to spend a whole bunch. I don't need anything more than 100w or less than 30w. I found this fancy flashy one on ebay.

Outside Link

There is literally no information on the posting and I can't find anything about it and I'm not sure if it could be related to the actual the beast boxes. I've also messaged the seller but he hasn't messaged me back other than to tell me "it vary's but it's very powerful" when I asked about watts.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking to buy my first unregulated box

I don't need anything more than 100w or less than 30w.

I've also messaged the seller but he hasn't messaged me back other than to tell me "it vary's but it's very powerful" when I asked about watts.
Hello Teroro...

Based on your 2nd and 3rd sentences... I take it you have not yet learned how to use Ohm's law to determine potential wattage output - where net resistance determines wattage discharge - V² ÷ Ω = P (wattage).
Also, the mod itself has no bearing on battery output... unless there's a substantial voltage drop due to poor quality materials / manufacturing.

A fully charged 30a MCCD 18650 battery will discharge 125+/- watts... at the lowest net resistance corresponding to the MCCD (in this instance, 0.14Ω) or MPCD value.
An unregulated, dual parallel box (with the batteries as described) has the potential to discharge around 250+/- watts, where a net resistance of 0.071Ω is applied.

This last bit is more theoretical than realistic vaping practice... as it's a rare thing for someone to have an ohm meter where they can be sufficiently confident in it's milliohm accuracy (not resolution - accuracy)... to be comfortable at this near-dead-short resistance value.

Anyway... good luck with it.

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
good info State O'Flux . may i ask you a question as well? for unreg dual 18650 parallel. without mosfet or resistor.: what would be the lowest safe coil build . i have been told that you can sub-ohm down to a .12 safely. .doesn't seem right to me.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With no mosfet 1.5 ohms. Most button are rated at 3a. You can go as low as .14ohms on a single vtc3

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good info State O'Flux . may i ask you a question as well? for unreg dual 18650 parallel. without mosfet or resistor.: what would be the lowest safe coil build . i have been told that you can sub-ohm down to a .12 safely. .doesn't seem right to me.
Hi George... ask away. May not get the answer you're looking for... but at least I won't blow smoke up yer' skirt.
wink.gif

Your question can depend not only on the batteries discharge capabilities, but your personal vape style, desired heat flux value (coil radiant temperature), juice balance used and desired flavor/vapor performance values

Technically, using an unregulated mod, a 0.12Ω net resistance atomizer would discharge 35 amps at 147 watts from a fully charged (4.2v) battery, or more likely... batteries.

So from both a technical and practical standpoint, it's entirely doable, and no doubt has been done thousands of times already... probably "back in the day", myself included.

Question now becomes (and where I get to toss out a subjective opinion), George - what is "safe"... and within your personal comfort level?

When I was still in my experimental stage, I've built plenty of near-dead-short RDAs, but...as I'm not a 20 year old kid in a cloud competition, but rather a 60 year old, semi-retired engineer with grand kids, desiring only my preferred warmth and flavor... I've settled on 0.35Ω ~ 0.45Ω as my favorite resistance using the dual parallel RDAs I prefer.

All I got...

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
Hello Teroro...

Based on your 2nd and 3rd sentences... I take it you have not yet learned how to use Ohm's law to determine potential wattage output - where net resistance determines wattage discharge - V² ÷ Ω = P (wattage).
Also, the mod itself has no bearing on battery output... unless there's a substantial voltage drop due to poor quality materials / manufacturing.

A fully charged 30a MCCD 18650 battery will discharge 125+/- watts... at the lowest net resistance corresponding to the MCCD (in this instance, 0.14Ω) or MPCD value.
An unregulated, dual parallel box (with the batteries as described) has the potential to discharge around 250+/- watts, where a net resistance of 0.071Ω is applied.

This last bit is more theoretical than realistic vaping practice... as it's a rare thing for someone to have an ohm meter where they can be sufficiently confident in it's milliohm accuracy (not resolution - accuracy)... to be comfortable at this near-dead-short resistance value.

Anyway... good luck with it.
I'm that asshole that built a .06 on my mechanical and loved it lol and I'll be cranking about 350 or so watts out of my new series 18650 unregulated mod cuz I'm a sick f**k

VU Sponsors