Become a Patron!

Hate when people ask to hit your vape

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some people were vaping in line behind me last night, I turned and said that smells great and asked what it was.. He said fruit bomb, and extended his mod toward me, offering me to try it. Shocked me and look on my face must have been insulting because he quickly put his hand down, but not a chance was I about to share with someone I didn't even know!

VapeDogg22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The kid is a vapor. I assumed he was gunna just hold it and admire lol then. Before I knew he was hitting my ish. I'm like wtf He says oh u can try mine out. I said no thanks. It aggravates me. So today when he asked I said hell no. So I would assume he knows proper vape protocol. Don't take a hit off someone's shit expecially if u don't know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this dude needs to ask permission first for sure. Especially if you're not close friends with the guy.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man only people I let hit my vape is my pop and my wife. That's it. U wanna try my shit bring ur own tip. It's like hey let me try that piece of chicken but I need to use ur fork. Hell no

SouthernShine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This isnt as big of an issue for me, if it is someone I dont know or someone I only was to work with then yeah I understand. But I have a group of about 5 friends who all vape, and we are always sharing our mods and shit. We pretty much pass them around, especially when we get a new box from Zamplebox.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that mostly just has to do with the sheer volume of vapor you get compared to smoke. We, as vapers, have learned to relax our throats and take direct lung-hits, while smokers are accustomed to tightening up on the inhale. When you try to do that with a lung-hit setup, your throat is going to lock up from the surge of irritation.

Haha, it's funny you mention that. I work in a small retail store, so I spend a lot of time in confined, dirty places with lots of traffic from all sorts of people and especially their gross little kids. I usually close up the store, so I touch everything on the shelves at some point in the week. As a manager, I handle more money than anyone else in the store each night, and that's not including times when I jump on register to curb lines. I also have even worse sleep habits than my subordinates do because of the scheduling demands and long hours that come with working on a small management team in a very busy store.

And yet, over these past few years of vaping, I've avoided every wave of sickness that's come along.

Just recently, literally everyone working there caught this terrible stomach virus but me, one after the other. Then, the flu came around and everyone on my shifts had it bad. The office where I count down cashiers' drawers is tiny and stagnant, so when I count down a sick person's drawer with them, I'm not just touching the contaminated money, I'm inhaling the air that they're contaminating by being in the room with me.

I'm starting to think it's vaping that's helping to keep me from catching airborne illnesses. I'm frequently in close contact with people who are sick, but I never catch whatever they've got. It's either that, or smoking just made me more susceptible. I used to get sick at least once during every busy season when I smoked. Who knows? Maybe over the years, I've just gotten too stupid to catch even a simple cold.

All that aside, with vape sharing, it's the principle that bugs me.
Let's see, spray hand germ killer, 2.89. Saying the person is possibly sick & using a handkerchief acceptable. Doing nothing, bad idea. ;)

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ladies are always wanting to try my mod. I let them taste my juice, no problem...

DEATHquidox

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amazingly I think the younger crowd, that got into it for tue fad factor ONLY, see it as a sign of respect to comingle bodily fluids with fellow vapers.

That's the only explanation that makes sense to me

I just turned 18 and im not doing it for the fan factor honestly I like the flavors im extremely intrested and I like to create flavors and have ideas about stuff. Im trying to figure all this stuff out so I can know my Shit when it comes time. Im alot more mature then alot of people around my age but that being said I do like big clouds and stuff its fun.

Some of my friends vape and stuff and I asked them what mod they were running and what coil set up and ohms and they looked at me like I was speaking an entirely new language so these past few weeks ive done my research and know alot more than probably alot of people my age or the people that vape that arnt 18 yet but anyways yeah just thought Id let you know, theres a few of me out here

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so none of you have ever shared a banana with anyone?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so none of you have ever shared a <deleted> with anyone?
That's kind of my point from earlier, though you'll probably have this edited for reference (check the rules). Anyways, it's a different culture. How often do people pass/share a cigarette with a stranger? Naw you just give them their own. It's different with other stuff.

It's why my thought that my and probably your opinion is different than many here. I have no problem just passing it over and letting them take a hit. It's part of the culture that I was part of. But, it's a different culture with tobacco products. I think that's because Tobacco is relatively cheap compared to other products.

Hookah is the only tobacco thing I've shared with people I wouldn't consider special exceptions. I've shared cigarettes with special ladies, my brother, or close friends, but that's only if we only have one left. It's not the norm. I think that's a difference.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very good points. A guy at a bar asked me to hit his vape a couple weeks ago...I said no and he seemed insulted, so I tried it. Very awkward.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so none of you have ever shared a joint with anyone?
Smoking a j with someone you know and someone u don't know are two different things

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smoking a j with someone you know and someone u don't know are two different things

Yes and no, a few awesome weekend friends have been made because of that. Happened regularly when I used to go visit friends at different colleges, but even just this last summer I was invited to partake with a guy (didn't because I don't really do that stuff anymore) but still the offer was there and if I still partook I would have, but ended up having a nice conversation with the guy for an hour or so. I was stuck waiting for a boat for a good 6 hours, so I tucked behind a building where I found a bench in the shade to read, he of course was looking for seclusion to imbibe, but either way it ended up being a nice encounter.

It's one of those things I enjoyed and miss from that whole culture. You get it to a point with smoking/vaping but not on the same level IMO. But there's still that instant connection of having similar interests.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ever looked at some peoples crusty ass drip tips......ewww. I'm weird, I clean mine off after I have a couple vapes. I hit my buddies and visa versa but with a random person...negative.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Luckily my boss and I are the only vapers at work.. And we don't share mods as we have different styles. I've hit his a few times when I didn't have mine, but I've known this guy since I was a tiny child. I'm like his son in a way and thankfully we have plenty of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol around work in the off chance my co worker hits mine .-.

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so none of you have ever shared a ***** with anyone?
@Erik13 @JERUS @MR.MAYHEM please read the rules.

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

Last edited:

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just turned 18 and im not doing it for the fan factor honestly I like the flavors im extremely intrested and I like to create flavors and have ideas about stuff. Im trying to figure all this stuff out so I can know my Shit when it comes time. Im alot more mature then alot of people around my age but that being said I do like big clouds and stuff its fun.

Some of my friends vape and stuff and I asked them what mod they were running and what coil set up and ohms and they looked at me like I was speaking an entirely new language so these past few weeks ive done my research and know alot more than probably alot of people my age or the people that vape that arnt 18 yet but anyways yeah just thought Id let you know, theres a few of me out here
Glad to hear you were never a cigarette smoker. This can be a hobby.. Don't think cigarette smoking can be lol. Also glad to hear you do your research.. Don't let it go to your head though And if your other vape friends don't know what you're talking about, educate them. And discourage the minors from using products that are intended for adults..

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just pull out the drip tip and let them tailpipe it. I get some weird looks but hay bring your own drip tip dude mines all slobbered up.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No one hits any of my stuff. If someone want sto hold it, as I hand it over I tell them "don't put your mouth on it".

I used to carry around those tasting condoms you use in shops to test juices on CE4s, but I don't bother anymore. You wanna try it? Buy it.

I can't let random people try it, but I usually let friends take a puff. These are usually the same friends I smoke joints with. That's where it ends, there are almost a vape shop on every corner around here, you can see how it works and try all the flavors there.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you ever looked at some peoples crusty ass drip tips......ewww. I'm weird, I clean mine off after I have a couple vapes. I hit my buddies and visa versa but with a random person...negative.
They actually do have tips that will not collect anything on them at all. I have one it is the kind that does not have a o ring.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I wanted to post his cuz it irritates me. Today I came into work. Hit my crown on ipv3li box. Guy fellow vape enthusiast was like damn what kind of tank is that and man that smells good. Then ask me if he can hold it. Sure, then ask me to hit it. Hell no. This is same guy who last month. Ask to check out my super tank mini that I had with me. Never heard of the mini and liked it. Same thing ask to hold then hit it without asking. I was pissed had to wait to get home to soak it in alcohol. Then says oh u can hit mine if u want. No thanks. I don't know u. I'm not putting my mouth on ur drip tip.

That shit would have gotten them punched if it had been me they pulled that on,and if I worked at the shop where it happened I would perm-86 their ass too.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I simply pull my drip tip off let them use theirs.

The last time I did that, the dude accidentally coughed on the tank. I may as well have just let him use my drip tip :( Never again.

They actually do have tips that will not collect anything on them at all. I have one it is the kind that does not have a o ring.

ProbablyTeflon. There's always something on there whether you can see it or not.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My personal rule of thumb: I don't let anyone hit my vape that I wouldn't mind letting use my toothbrush. There's one person in the world that may use my toothbrush, and I'm married to her. If you are not her, you don't get to hit my vape. (Also, she doesn't want to hit my vape. :( )

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The last time I did that, the dude accidentally coughed on the tank. I may as well have just let him use my drip tip :( Never again.

ProbablyTeflon. There's always something on there whether you can see it or not.[/QUOTE
It is a very hard highly polished plastic I like better than the expensive Teflon.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hoping to collect enough lip gunk to mold my own drip tip, made completely out of lip gunk. That way, no one will ask me - wretch - nope, can't even finish that joke, grossness squared and then some.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tail pipe it..lol..I love that!
I have swapped tips to try anothers vape, and it was a good experience because I had never tried a menthol before.
I was a most regular Marlboro Red smoker but would do Kool Milds here and there.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Erik13 @JERUS @MR.MAYHEM please read the rules.

I think I skirted any rule violations quite nicely thank you ;)

With the issue posed by the OP and the discussion being had I think some mention of the other cultures with smoking is necessary to understand why people are on either side.

Gkwilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1St time poster. Really people, are there this many germaphobes out there? Its not like people slobber on the things, anyone that knows how to smoke would never use that wet of a lip to do so in the first place. Grow up, thats why we have an imune system. I would worry more about strengthening my imune system then worrying about something that will weaken it. 2nd, i quit cigs a long time ago and am a medical user in a state wich is legal medically. I am getting into vaping for an even healthier way to medicate. Now come to find out that this site has rules about what we are allowed to ask or talk about with vaping? Thats crazy, you are segragating half a community because it might give a bad name. That attitude is what gives it a bad name. Are you worried about being seen or talki.g about a beer, it should be no difference. Stop feeding the stereotype! I cant even come on to hear to talk and learn about vaping because of what i vape? Sheesh smh.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1St time poster. Really people, are there this many germaphobes out there? Its not like people slobber on the things, anyone that knows how to smoke would never use that wet of a lip to do so in the first place. Grow up, thats why we have an imune system. I would worry more about strengthening my imune system then worrying about something that will weaken it. 2nd, i quit cigs a long time ago and am a medical user in a state wich is legal medically. I am getting into vaping for an even healthier way to medicate. Now come to find out that this site has rules about what we are allowed to ask or talk about with vaping? Thats crazy, you are segragating half a community because it might give a bad name. That attitude is what gives it a bad name. Are you worried about being seen or talki.g about a beer, it should be no difference. Stop feeding the stereotype! I cant even come on to hear to talk and learn about vaping because of what i vape? Sheesh smh.
Hey new member....life is much too short..way too short to worry about such things...

Gkwilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Confused...are you saying you agree? If so yes i agree with that, life is too short to worry about such petty germ issues. If i were to get real sick i would worry about my immune system more than what i shared with someone. If you are saying life is too short to worry about people being germaphobes, then i also agree, i was just more shocked that there are actually this many people that get so insulted about sharing a vape. Like you said life is too short stop worrying and pass the piece. I was more worried that a vaping forum site would ban the talk of non nicatine sub culture vaping. Its that culture that were the ones to bring so much advancement to the vaping world. As i said i dont do nicotine and am only medicating with vapes, and i cant even ask questions regarding it. Oh well i have found another forum with just as friendly a user base and knowledgable that will teach anyone about vaping anything. What the point of having it legalized if ignorant ppl are gonna stigmatize t anyways, its not like it makes us degenerates.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Confused...are you saying you agree? If so yes i agree with that, life is too short to worry about such petty germ issues. If i were to get real sick i would worry about my immune system more than what i shared with someone. If you are saying life is too short to worry about people being germaphobes, then i also agree, i was just more shocked that there are actually this many people that get so insulted about sharing a vape. Like you said life is too short stop worrying and pass the piece. I was more worried that a vaping forum site would ban the talk of non nicatine sub culture vaping. Its that culture that were the ones to bring so much advancement to the vaping world. As i said i dont do nicotine and am only medicating with vapes, and i cant even ask questions regarding it. Oh well i have found another forum with just as friendly a user base and knowledgable that will teach anyone about vaping anything. What the point of having it legalized if ignorant ppl are gonna stigmatize t anyways, its not like it makes us degenerates.
I am at a loss for a moment...ummm, hey you know what? if you feel comfortable swapping a vape, a kiss, rim job, whatever...tired of the petty things brought to the table..sometimes..

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Americans tend to be germaphobes and prudes. Considering Americans consume most of the world's pharmaceuticals, seems it isn't working...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Americans tend to be germaphobes and prudes. Considering Americans consume most of the world's pharmaceuticals, seems it isn't working...
It's not about germophobia or being a prude.
It's about respect and at least trying not to act like you have zero manners or were brought up by wolves...Hell wolves have more manners that some of the people I've met.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not about germophobia or being a prude.
It's about respect and at least trying not to act like you have zero manners or were brought up by wolves...Hell wolves have more manners that some of the people I've met.
Sharing drinks, cigarettes, e-cigs, other smokes isn't considered rude at all depending on the circumstances and location. Just last week I had a few free hours and was hanging out at the Roxy in Prague, when a lady at the bar approached and asked what I was vaping. I blew a little her way and she asked if she could try it. Rude? Not at all...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sharing drinks, cigarettes, e-cigs, other smokes isn't considered rude at all depending on the circumstances and location. Just last week I had a few free hours and was hanging out at the Roxy in Prague, when a lady at the bar approached and asked what I was vaping. I blew a little her way and she asked if she could try it. Rude? Not at all...
We are not talking about sharing what we are talking about is random people hitting your device without asking first and that is rude.
Please read this whole thread starting from page 1 and all the way through without skipping pages dude because I think you came in late to the party...Cheers!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We are not talking about sharing what we are talking about is random people hitting your device without asking first and that is rude.
Please read this whole thread starting from page 1 and all the way through without skipping pages dude because I think you came in late to the party...Cheers!
I have. I was replying to a specific post, not the whole thread, but my point that Americans are prudes and germaphobes still holds true...

Gkwilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly steve, any situation like that should not be out of place. As for the rude factor snake, that makes even less sense than the germ aspect. Ok fine you dont like ot or what have you, thats fine. You have that right and its resonable. But to be so insulted by it that you call it rude and compare them to savages is a very far stretch and just plain rediculous. It works both ways too though, sone i read that the one asking or offering and being denied gets insulted, if the other doesnt want to fine. And for what its worth i am by no means raised by wolves. Im 33 that was raised by old fashoined parents and raise my kids the same. I actually have so much manners that i am perfectly happy to share with someone because thats what manners. Barring of course like others have said, if they actuall have open sores on mouth or are sick. Then yes anyone with manners would know not to ask, but ur average normal person on a normal day...share on my friend no harm dond.

Gkwilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Actualy what he said is spot on, this article is about people haveing a problem sharing their mouthpiece for one reason or abother be it health or rude.

Gkwilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mod is like my motorcycle and toothbrush, nobody uses it except me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

A bike or any vehicles for that matter, yes i absalutely agree, those do tend to be our babies lol ;p. And a toothbrush? Wel that just duh haha...but a mod? Really o_O. by all means no offense meant and you have every right to wish and feel so, i just reall dont see the comparison.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mod is like my motorcycle and toothbrush, nobody uses it except me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Some people don't get it and never will.
They will try to read more into than is there.
But hey whatever...Cheers!

VU Sponsors