Become a Patron!

Harsh vape

Plantefood

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I'm wondering 9 times outta 10 what is the cause for a harsh hit. Coils, wicking, or the juice itself?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alot of factors can cause a harsh hit.

Nic level
PG level
Power level for the coil built
Too much wick (usually results in a dry hit)
Shitty juice

Whats your set up and power levels?

Plantefood

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got a Kennedy RDA on a rx200s with some alien coils...ibelieve. Running at 0.13 at 80-100 watts. 3mg nic...that's why I'm like why the fucks this so harsh?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whats your pg vg ratio on the juice?

Plantefood

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The bottle doesn't say of course .haha I didn't realize ratio made a difference tho

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
PG is fairly harsh in itself...if youre vaping a 50 50 or even a 60/40 at that wattage it can be pretty harsh.

Plantefood

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK.thank u mike. I'm sure its just the fuckin juice lol. I have more bad luck than good with picking juice. I've got the same build in my goon just with different juice n it hits just smooth.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Re wick and try that "good" juice in the kennedy and see what happens...if that fixes the problem then problem solved for sure...let me know how it turns out.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found with microcoil/contact coils, burning the center out from I assumed lack of juice flow or whatever reasons was most of my cause of harsh. I don't bother with contact coils at all any more at all. I was just never able to grasp the concept of having the coil bound tightly together and how juice vaporizes when there is no space to release the vapor. Claptons are a bit different than single wire but IMO your still restricting the vapor using a contact coil clapton. Just like vertical coils, seeing on all the videos of how much juice splatters when fired, all the juice splatter goes into the center of the vertical coil and a mist of hot juice goes right into your mouth....I just see no reason in that.

VU Sponsors