Become a Patron!

Harsh taste

I'm new to the vapeing world I got the sigelei 213 for Xmas with a smok tfv8 baby beast tank and the baby beast Q-2 coil ,I did my homework before I started doing anything to it, I primed it and was good for like a good 15 puffs and was blowing out some killer clouds and then I put some new juice in it and then that's when I started getting the harsh hits the NIC level was 12 mg so I thought maybe since it was a higher NIC level that would be the reason for the harsh hits but every couple hits I'll get a good hit and it don't taste harsh but then it goes back to the same harshness any feedback would greatly be appreciated

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Several people have asked the same question. I don't think anyone has posted if they found the issue. I find it very odd that the second tankful would taste bad.

My personal experience has been that the first tankful tastes a little off/burnt/dry, and it is good after refilling.

Maybe the nic, or your 2 juices, are my only ideas.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah 12mg would do it. I barely can handle 6mg. 3 mg is what most cloud chasers use.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After rereading the post, I'd go with JimiD on the nic. The random good and bad hits are most likely from the juices not being mixed well. Old juice, good. New 12mg nic juice, bad.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In your research you missed a huge part, 6mg or lower is the recommended nic strength for subΩing, sure you can go higher IF you want but the results are harsh hits

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
12mg + Sum Ohm = Nasty harsh hits. Also make sure you shake the liquid especially if it's been sitting a while to insure there are no hot spots from settling.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine is atomized better at lower ohms. Once you cross the line and go below 1-1.2 ohms, you need to lower your nicotine. At 1ohm, I switched to 6mg. When I finally made the jump to sub ohm, 3mg became the juice I needed to get my fix. You're still essentially getting the same nicotine absorbed, but because of the efficiency of sub ohm vaping, you use less, and gain more.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine is atomized better at lower ohms. Once you cross the line and go below 1-1.2 ohms, you need to lower your nicotine. At 1ohm, I switched to 6mg. When I finally made the jump to sub ohm, 3mg became the juice I needed to get my fix. You're still essentially getting the same nicotine absorbed, but because of the efficiency of sub ohm vaping, you use less, and gain more.
i just started sub-ohm, got 6 mg juice. everytime i get to around 30w (0.5 ohm) it gets harsh throat hit i think i might need 3 mg too

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6mg feels like fire to me. 3 was good until I started making my own juice. I then switched down to 1-1.5 I still get my nic fix and have great smooth flavor. I do vape pretty low ohms at times, for the most part I vape around 75-95 watts on my rdas.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6mg feels like fire to me. 3 was good until I started making my own juice. I then switched down to 1-1.5 I still get my nic fix and have great smooth flavor. I do vape pretty low ohms at times, for the most part I vape around 75-95 watts on my rdas.
i am not in the same league wattage wise as you haha i am a newbie

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
League shmeague. It's all about your vape Nirvana. Vape where YOU are happy. No need to go crazy. The main reason for my low ohms and high watts is because I use almost exclusively SS.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
League shmeague. It's all about your vape Nirvana. Vape where YOU are happy. No need to go crazy. The main reason for my low ohms and high watts is because I use almost exclusively SS.
I've been exclusively using SS for over a year, and have yet to build below 0.35 ohm. Mine are normally in the 0.4-0.5 ohm range on regulated mods, in the 60-80W range. Then again, I normally vape in TC mode.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to add that harshness can also come from higher PG juices, as well as low quality juices. Sometimes, steeping can improve that, but not always.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like to make big stupid pretty coils.
Ah...artistic coil builder. While I think they look nice, and the hobby of making them is fun, I vape with ugly, boring, simple single strand coils. So long as we've found what works for us, life is good...right?

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very true. All that matters is that you are happy with what you make.

VU Sponsors