Become a Patron!

Hardest hitting mechanical box mod

giffer.dub

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've recently been wanting to get into cloud chasing comps but I have no idea what equipment I should pick up. Right now I'm using Sigelei 150w tc with a velocity mini rda but ut just doesn't seek to be cutting it. I've got to mess around with a few homemade triple series boxes but I want something more reputable. Any advice for the beggining cloud chaser?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Noisy Cricket or a parallel mod like the cherry bomber in copper.

giffer.dub

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking at the cherry bomber and I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it. I saw a lot of if you aren't well versed in the subject don't use it disclaimers though it does seem nice.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem with your question is the "Cloud Comps" part, as most competitions put restrictions on what kind of gear is allowed, often times restricting them to solely mech mods, sometimes even to the point that it has to be 18650 and not 22650. If you just want a power house mech box mod for blowing clouds, check out the HOG (Hammer Of God Quad Parallel) and HOGv2 (Hammer Of God v2 Quad ParaSeries), but for competitions, the rules will vary so there's no definitive answer we can give you.

Hope this helps a bit

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most comps are for mech tube mods, single cell.....
And imo cherrybomber is nice, just requires more attention than most mods...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

giffer.dub

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone the insight well definitely help! And I'm my area there are typically the divisions consisting of outlaw, tube, and amateur outlaw. And I've looked at the HOG and the VCM today but am having problems deciding which is really better.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My VCM mods hit really hard and I don't even do crazy builds or go insanely low on my builds usually around .3-.5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

giffer.dub

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know that the vcm is a hybrid top mod, would the 510 pin on my velocity make a solid connection on it? And I have narrowed my choices to HOGv2, tuglyfe box, or the VCM.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Need to see pic if the 510 of your velocity, as far as Tuglyfe box I've owned two and my vcm hits much harder since its a hybrid

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
With VCM you also just twist bottom delrin to adjust for battery rattle

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here's picture give you better idea of the size with the glacier v2

d5bc674a9aec790006df0edac05f87d5.jpg

mcantar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently picked up a Hammer of God V2 box, and I love how it hits. Supplements my Congestus very nicely, but I might sell it due to it's inconvenient shape. Hardest hitting mech box I've seen yet.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It really depends on what class mod your looking for...Series, Parallel, Quad in either...
Anything made in copper with silver plated contacts will hit hard in Parallel and anything in Series will hit hard as its 8.4V -/+.
I would say buy a Copper Dimitri or Raptor Box for Parallel (1:1 Clones are just as nice for these), and Noisy Cricket for Series...

For a Tube Mod I would Suggest a Stingray X (Copper/Sleeved) or a Subohm Innovations Mod

In all honesty I've done my fair share of comp mods and I have to say I love SubOhm innovations, VCM, and Skylines but I just bought a Rig V2 and roughneck v2 and it just got here today. Unbelievable clouds with just a 6 wrap 20 gauge! Best combo I've ever hit in my life! I'm not too sure what your spending limit is but for around $135 you can get a SubZero Legendary or for $150-$200 you can get a nice Skyline or for $200+ you can get a rig v2 setup. Rig v2 clones work almost as well and run around $25-$40 on eBay. The Rig is a hybrid by the way so always make sure your pin sticks out on your rda. Happy vaping!

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Copper Raptor and copper Roundhouse would be my picks for the hardest hitting dual parallel and singe tube mechanicals on the market today. For the Raptor, you will definitely want to replace the stock spring with one coiled from either copper or silver (preferred). If you have the coin and have opted for an authentic Raptor, you can choose to replace its mix of brass and copper contacts with available sterling 925 silver replacements.

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
right on! the copper raptor with silver contacts is the current king of parallel boxes. but the 2jnt pilak just might take out the roundhouse. but the roundhouse is def a badass mofo. its all in the simple but beefy switch. the soi mods have less contact area than the roundhouse. and a shitty press fit delrin contact plate.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2 monsters... there are a few more but these are the two ive tried and can vouche for.
524b99e310261664d85e7aa64c0db59d.jpg

9a1072d66f1b7390ed5ac553744714c8.jpg

These are in the 300+ dollar range.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what i understand on the glas mods it is rhodium dipped silver contacts. So, as good of conductivity as it gets, pretty much.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From what i understand on the glas mods it is rhodium dipped silver contacts. So, as good of conductivity as it gets, pretty much.

The coating doesnt do much, if anything for conductivity as long as its conductive. The coating is for protection against wear and tarnishing, which kills conductivity..as long as its coated in Gold, Silver, Rhodium then your good to go as they do not tarnish/patina

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
from what i read the glas contacts are silver-rhodium plated. what the contact is actually made of is anyone's guess. plated contacts are hogwash for super sub ohm stuff. unless they have a mirror finish they pit just as easily as unplated contacts. useless if you need to sand them down and remove the plating to create an even surface! but this is about the hardest hitting mech box. a copper raptor with silver will run you five bones at least!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
from what i read the glas contacts are silver-rhodium plated. what the contact is actually made of is anyone's guess. plated contacts are hogwash for super sub ohm stuff. unless they have a mirror finish they pit just as easily as unplated contacts. useless if you need to sand them down and remove the plating to create an even surface! but this is about the hardest hitting mech box. a copper raptor with silver will run you five bones at least!
These are the Hardest Hitting Mechs Ive ever used.
20160306_012056.jpg

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
sweet! i am a real fan of flip mods. always on facebook checking out the flip scene to see what is new.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
sweet! i am a real fan of flip mods. always on facebook checking out the flip scene to see what is new.
Ive been eyeing that damn Anubis Box lately....I just need to make some funds up for it..I may end up selling some of my gear to grab one...

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
i would too but something bothers me about the anubis. i posted this in another thread and am just copying and pasting here cuz i'm lazy!

the anubis seems nice but i have a problem with the polarity protection mechanism. if you check your wraps before you pop your batteries in then they should be installed with the plus towards the vent holes. the anubis forces you to install batteries with the minus at the vent holes. if a battery vents and expands in the chamber there is nowhere for the pressure to go but up!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i would too but something bothers me about the anubis. i posted this in another thread and am just copying and pasting here cuz i'm lazy!
Im not too worried about venting...could always drill some 1mm holes if needed, Im sure the pressure would spray through the gaps/line around the slide off top piece. I wish they didnt stop producing the Magnum mod....they stopped production just before I could buy it....I was going to pick it up with my exodus, I also put money down for the Point blank mod...still havent heard anything from CMI even though Ive sent a ton of emails to them. I see they cloned the PB though, I AM picking it up...I love trigger mods with batter mags!

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
there is always the mcv ballistic. i think the beavertail is a bit long. it's like a full frame v compact. so i'll wait on the compact. hope it happens.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
there is always the mcv ballistic. i think the beavertail is a bit long. it's like a full frame v compact. so i'll wait on the compact. hope it happens.
Yea I like it...and then I dont, theres just something about it that pushes it too far. Its the overall shape of it I dont like...its too swoopy and not defined and refined like a handgun....Thats why I like the Exodus, Magnum, and Sniper..

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
also i dont like the look of the fluted trigger. and the internals looked beefy but complex. i dont like complex!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
also i dont like the look of the fluted trigger. and the internals looked beefy but complex. i dont like complex!
Thats one thing I like about the Sniper and Exodus...theres maybe 6-9 pieces altogether (including screws!) It makes teardown and cleaning a breeze and I feel its one of the biggest contributors to lower voltage drop.

aaron1988

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've recently been wanting to get into cloud chasing comps but I have no idea what equipment I should pick up. Right now I'm using Sigelei 150w tc with a velocity mini rda but ut just doesn't seek to be cutting it. I've got to mess around with a few homemade triple series boxes but I want something more reputable. Any advice for the beggining cloud chaser?

it all depends on what or any rules you have to follow. i have a lipo4s with a 30mm cci centurion at .21 dual coil on max its pushing alittle over 1300watts. downside to that its insta flame pretty much but can handle it at about 500 to 700 watts for short burts. you get a cloud but at that kind of wattage for me the flavor is pretty bad sitting at 300 its pretty spot on for me.
as far as being able to get one now not sure with the regulations in place but lipo4s have been around for a bit now. went to nymbis vapor and had it made for 183 earlier this year. all and all for a set up its going to be about 300 with chargers and atomizers

VU Sponsors