Become a Patron!

Handy Links

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some handy links for those coming into building their own coils, either for mechanical or regulated mods.

Wire: TEMCo has a good selection of Kanthal & Nichrome, even Stainless Steel.

Reference: You might like a guide to building coils and Steam Engine provides that and calculators.

Batteries: You will probably need some batteries as well. You can get quality batteries from IMR. There are other reputable sources for batteries as well, IMR is the source I prefer. DO NOT buy batteries from Ebay or Amazon!

Please note I am not an associate, sales person for any of the above listed parties. I suggest them as simply a happy customer, willing to pass along what I find to be good sources of product at good value. All standard disclaimers apply and YMMV.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some handy links for those coming into building their own coils, either for mechanical or regulated mods.

Wire: TEMCo has a good selection of Kanthal & Nichrome, even Stainless Steel.
There's no 27g Nichrome to be found on there, no 29g Nichrome, and no .1×.3 ribbon wire either so not really a "good" selection TBH especially for mech users. Narrower spools than the ones that they provide would also come in handy so I would recommend to look elsewhere, not because the wire is bad (it isn't), but simply because there exist a few better places to order wire from if you, like me, need a good selection of Nichrome 80. Further, I am in Europe so fuck off with your disclaimers because yes, my mileage does vary, and it varies all the way across the Atlantic. :p
Reference: You might like a guide to building coils and Steam Engine provides that and calculators.
My own personal experience has taught me that these calculations are in many cases not very representative of what happens in the real world so practical use is rather limited. It very often only adds a lot of confusion (including some false myths) for those wanting to explore the basics of coming into complex coil builds (which already sounds more complex than it actually should sound like) so... take it with a grain (or two or three or four or five) of salt.
Batteries: You will probably need some batteries as well. You can get quality batteries from IMR. There are other reputable sources for batteries as well, IMR is the source I prefer. DO NOT buy batteries from Ebay or Amazon!
Often times liionwholesale.com or 18650batterystore.com are cheaper and/or are the only available choice when the batteries you want are sold out on IMR or not listed on IMR so, not sure why anyone would prefer either one of all three of these reputable sources for batteries. Please elaborate on that.
Please note I am not an associate, sales person for any of the above listed parties. I suggest them as simply a happy customer, willing to pass along what I find to be good sources of product at good value. All standard disclaimers apply and YMMV.
:p

Last edited:

VU Sponsors