Become a Patron!

HANA MODZ can go fuck themselves.

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
A couple of months ago I caved in and spent a small fortune on a DNA 40 V4D. Almost instantly it started throwing screen glitches. I intended on sending it in but held off until I could afford some kind of a backup with a decent battery life.

Finally when I got to the point of sending it in, the fucking ground wire breaks from the solder, causing one of the batteries to vent for a split second, torching the positive wire in the sled.

This is an easy fix, only now my mod isn't going to be covered under the manufacturers warranty if I fix it myself. So now I can either pay them to fix the wiring and hope they still fix my chip for free or fix it myself and be stuck with the glitches while in temperature mode.

This wouldn't even be an issue if this very expensive mod wasn't made so fucking cheap. The aluminum body screams quality while the inside looks like one of my four year olds dollar store toys. It seriously looks like a high school kid designed and wired this thing as a class project. Even my low end Chinese IPV is built better at less then half the price. They are just lucky I didn't get injured from the battery. I only wish I would have just held out for the SX Mini M Class.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree about the inside. I own a Hana and a vaporshark rdna40. When I opened up the Hana, I was very disappointed. I hear such good thing about them but they took on too much trying to fit 2 batteries into the same box they used to have one. I was really upset when I saw the way the battery wires are just soldered to the top of the contacts in the sled. I knew someone would have an issue with that wire breaking off.

That's why I made the decision to put two batteries in there and just charge from the USB port. I figure if I don't take the batteries in and out, I might be able to avoid that

I was really upset when I found out that two days after I order, they release a model with the newest chip and the larger Dna screen. The new large Dna screen has a feature that lets you lock the atty resistance in, similar to the sx mini m class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors