Become a Patron!

Hammer of God V3 Question

Hi All,

I'm on my second HOG V3 and both mods are having firing issues. They initially worked fine for 2-3 days and eventually would not fire on any attys. I'm very careful with my gear, have 4 married new batteries and stick around VaperzCloud's recommended builds of 0.5 ohms. I've adjusted the 510 pin, tripled checked the batteries, along with the other standard troubleshooting steps.

Has anyone else heard of this type of issue and/or have any suggestions for additional troubleshooting? I'll likely need to take this apart but even the housing it tough to disassemble, so I'm told. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I love this mod but it's quickly becoming a pretty paper weight.

SVD

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd bet it's that janky adjustable screw on the 510, I haven't had any problems with it yet, but it surely crossed my mind. That seems like a very weak point in the connection. That screw should have been three times the size.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and welcome aboard too....:vino:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got a clone a few days ago and posted my findings on the button in the hog v3 thread in the mechanical mod section. the problem with mine was the button would get stuck in the 'on' position because the two parts of the switch were offset, and the contact would kind of grab the firing pin. it took a few cycles of disassemble/reassemble to get everything dialed in.

disassembly is fairly easy. take the battery door off and look inside. there is a screw in each corner which release the top plate and expose most of the button mechanism. under that plate you just removed there are three more screws around the outside you can remove to pull the whole assembly out. in my case the fix was to adjust the tightness of the screws holding in the two parts of the switch (the part with the pin and the shaft it goes through, and the receiver/contact that the 510 is connected to).

if yours is misfiring instead of autofiring, im not sure what could be the problem. just remember to always be ready to pop that battery door off if something goes wrong when you are testing it out, and if it does anything other than work properly, dont keep hitting the button. disassemble/reassemble/inspect/think/ask for help are all better choices.

ps - sorry for the mom part at the end. welcome to the forum :cheers:

I'd bet it's that janky adjustable screw on the 510, I haven't had any problems with it yet, but it surely crossed my mind. That seems like a very weak point in the connection. That screw should have been three times the size.

I'm hoping it's just the screw. I'll have to search around for something comparable that will fit. What sucks with VaperzCloud is they have no specs, replacement parts, etc. If anyone uses some good sites for parts and accessories please throw out some suggestions. I can always check Fast Tech and sites like that. Thanks, inspects!

i got a clone a few days ago and posted my findings on the button in the hog v3 thread in the mechanical mod section. the problem with mine was the button would get stuck in the 'on' position because the two parts of the switch were offset, and the contact would kind of grab the firing pin. it took a few cycles of disassemble/reassemble to get everything dialed in.

disassembly is fairly easy. take the battery door off and look inside. there is a screw in each corner which release the top plate and expose most of the button mechanism. under that plate you just removed there are three more screws around the outside you can remove to pull the whole assembly out. in my case the fix was to adjust the tightness of the screws holding in the two parts of the switch (the part with the pin and the shaft it goes through, and the receiver/contact that the 510 is connected to).

if yours is misfiring instead of autofiring, im not sure what could be the problem. just remember to always be ready to pop that battery door off if something goes wrong when you are testing it out, and if it does anything other than work properly, dont keep hitting the button. disassemble/reassemble/inspect/think/ask for help are all better choices.

ps - sorry for the mom part at the end. welcome to the forum :cheers:

I'll give that a shot and thanks for the info! This mod seems to be making contact and the recessed button does not get stuck; there simply is no longer any fire (as if something is no longer making contact). I've tried every atty that I own on this box, along with adjusting the 510 screw on the mod along with the connectors on the attys. Since the 510 connector is so recessed within the mod I was thinking that the attys were not making connections, but nothing will fire any longer. When I first got the mod there was not an issue, so I'm trying to figure out what mysteriously happened to change the connectivity parameters. I'm very careful with all my gear, so there were no drops/jolts/etc.

I did try to remove the screws and experienced that the 510/top housing did not move, so I reassembled and try to research a bit more. Like you said, it sounds like it will pop out of the housing with a bit of pressure.

PS: No worries on the mom part. Always better to be safe side!

SVD

Like you said, it sounds like it will pop out of the housing with a bit of pressure.

Hey dude, have been able to sort it out ?
Just sent one back to the shop for the very same reason, so frustrated i wasn't able to reach switch after undoing the 4 screws...
May be screwing a 510 adapter and pulling on it could have help, dunno...

Just hoping the history wont repeat when I receive a new one (if they ever send one lol).

Hi Twiny, since this was the 2nd brand new mod with the same issue, I decided to call Vaperz Cloud directly. I was lucky enough to talk with a Tech (name is Tin) who advised for me to send in the mod and he would take a look. He later let me know that the firing pin was not machined correctly, thus causing my issues. After a couple of weeks (had to wait for the part to come in), I received my mod back and it works great. I'm not sure if there was a quality issue when these were machined, but if you are lucky enough to get one that consistently works, they are great mods. I've been very happy with mine so far, and was very impressed with the service provided by the manufacturer (and that they stand behind their products). Hope this helps, and vape on!

Thank you for the quick answer SVD, this is good news ! Kinda ...
It's always good to know that a brand supports their products !
I probably wont follow the same route, because i live in the EU and bought the HOG online from Australia (out of stock everywhere else).

I agree, this is a grrrreat device, when it works.
Vaping on it was very enjoyable, but dang that was too short, used it maybe 4 or 5 evenings before it failed :'(

Since it's a mech, i was hoping to fix it myself.
My mod is currently on its way back to Australia, will see how the shop sorts it out.
Hope these issues aren't too common, the fact you had two of them failing isn't very reassuring.

Anyway, glad for you, vape on !

IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT BATTERY TRAY FRO MY HAMMER OF GOD V3? everywhere i look its sold out... mine recently exploded, no damage on the vape accept the battery tray. im thinking of just making the plastic piece that screws onto the battery tray door.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the battery tray's suck on the HOG V3, I've had to bend the contact springs a number of times when I have issues with it not firing.

Check the contact springs on the tray and bend up.

VU Sponsors