Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be fair to her, she got her article's material from health professionals and organizations that she quotes - who clearly should know better - but she didn't make shit up.

vapingunited

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be fair to her, she got her article's material from health professionals and organizations that she quotes - who clearly should know better - but she didn't make shit up.
No, however, she didn't research both sides of the story either. Quite honestly, if the government can regulate what our industry "cannot" say without studies to prove it, the same should be the case for making claims against it, regardless of where the information was obtained from.

You can't say anything positive without long-term, large-scale research, yet she can quote a doctor saying negative things about e-cigs directly (not just nicotine) without the same research required for positive statements...bit of a double standard if you ask me.

Without FULL research on her end, the article should never have been published. The problem is that once again, the media accepts this kind of nonsense as it incites drama.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well right. It's been a long time since journalists have stopped trying to be impartial and well informed. You have no arguments from me here... But as bad journalism goes, at least this piece uses sources...

vapingunited

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True, she does use sources, but my problem is that the sources she uses are only those that support her story. It's the lack of impartial media that really frustrates me. I know what vaping has done for me and a lot of people I know, and it's tough to sit back and watch it get treated unfairly without even mentioning the positives.

There are negatives with everything we do/use in our lives. They don't stop making cars that go 100+ MPH even though it's a proven fact that people are more likely to lose control of the vehicle at those speeds. You never see them blame the car...why is it different here? At the end of the day, we are all results of the choices we make. I hate the comments about young people starting to vape without having previously smoked.

I agree, completely, that not starting ANYTHING is the better choice, however, how many of those young people would have chosen combustible tobacco had vaping not been an option? I don't like the fact that she highlights that the young people who do vape will move on to smoking. I haven't seen the data to back up the "44% of teens who have tried e-cigs will try traditional cigarettes within the next year". There is no information on sample size, where the test was conducted, or how the questions were asked, yet the CDC releases unfounded statements like this daily. Yet we can't say it's a smoking cessation tool because of lack of documented proof...never mind the thousands of people who HAVE successfully quit BECAUSE of vaping.

Not like any of this is new information, honestly, I just get more and more frustrated and angry every time I see it...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's kind of like how Stanton Glantz wins an argument.
He quotes a junk science study by Stanton Glantz!

VU Sponsors