Become a Patron!

GX350 or RX300

I don't know which one to get, the RX300 or the GX350. Does any one know when the GX350 is releasing? Which one would you choose

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know which one to get, the RX300 or the GX350. Does any one know when the GX350 is releasing? Which one would you choose
by the looks of it I would suggest the GX reason I say this is I just got the RX 300 and it is great it really is its powerful but its so freaking big I would never leave the house with it.. the GX is a better form factor wait on it

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the RX300 on the way. I figured why figure out yet another operating system since I've already got use to the two Wismec devices I already have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the RX300 on the way. I figured why figure out yet another operating system since I've already got use to the two Wismec devices I already have.

wait until you get it .. its gigantic man haha great for home though

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was going to build my own 4-18650 device and call it Modzilla. I know it's going to be big. LOL

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was going to build my own 4-18650 device and call it Modzilla. I know it's going to be big. LOL

Yeah it has grown on me though yesterday fully charged I never got below half great home mod I have not pushed it beyond 100 watts but it seems to ramp up faster than even the RX 200s or the 2/3

I do prefer the look and size of the GX, does anyone know when it's coming out. Because I sold my RX200 and didn't know wether to pick up a RX300 today or wait for the GX it wasn't too long of a wait. I'm borrowing someone's Smok alien until I buy my own device haha

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do prefer the look and size of the GX, does anyone know when it's coming out. Because I sold my RX200 and didn't know wether to pick up a RX300 today or wait for the GX it wasn't too long of a wait. I'm borrowing someone's Smok alien until I buy my own device haha
Its on preorder right now at all places who knows the true length of time

its big and scary that is for sure It is growing on me this RX300
Have you noticed that the screen seems very dark, hopefully they can increase the contrast in an update or something. Do you have a case or wrap on yours, scared this thing will dent if dropped lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope no wrap and no screen adjust yet. There will be

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

joshuamarendt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Had an RX200 and added an RX300 recently and it is a great mod and I'm so happy I purchased it

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might be missing the point myself with these 4 battery mods, but aren't most people buying them for the extra battery life at higher power settings?

If so, if they are so big you can't leave the house with it, doesn't that kind of get rid of the point of longer battery life lol? I tend to take a mod with good battery life out with me, so I know I will be OK for the day, or even a smaller, single 18650 mod with spare batteries.

I get it though if people are using them to really push boundaries power wise, not something I would do personally but I can see it would appeal to some people.

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I held the Wismec 300 with four batteries and it was pretty hefty. I like carrying my Alien with me...the batteries last over a day, and I keep a spare set in my jacket pocket just in case. I even have a nice holster for it in case I don't wear my leather jacket (it fits quite nicely in my breast pocket.) It's definitely smaller, though a tad heavier, than my old Sigelei 100+.

That said, I'm still craving the GX350 just to have it. It would be awesome to take an obnoxious 4-battery mod to a friend's house or party and just blow vapor all night on my forthcoming TFV12. I have to keep reminding myself not to buy it, lol.

BTW, where'd you get your GX350?

Last edited:

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaperoyalty.com has one in red/black for about 60-65 bucks right now, without the tank, though.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You can get the maxo for $38 right now.
this^ is actually a very solid performer. i was impressed overall with my testing

with that said I'd say the Smok over the wismec anyday. I have a GX350 on order (some US sites have them in stock like vaperoyalty) i didn't order an RX300 but in general smok devices are just better then wismec. buy the maxo is a solid choice as well. I'd take that over the RX300 personally too

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I might be missing the point myself with these 4 battery mods, but aren't most people buying them for the extra battery life at higher power settings?

If so, if they are so big you can't leave the house with it, doesn't that kind of get rid of the point of longer battery life lol? I tend to take a mod with good battery life out with me, so I know I will be OK for the day, or even a smaller, single 18650 mod with spare batteries.

I get it though if people are using them to really push boundaries power wise, not something I would do personally but I can see it would appeal to some people.
better battery life and safer for using high watts

with that said. I really like the G320 it's size is perfect the triple battery option gives me great life and the power tanks like the TFV12 need.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
better battery life and safer for using high watts

with that said. I really like the G320 it's size is perfect the triple battery option gives me great life and the power tanks like the TFV12 need.
True, the safety aspect at higher watts is good, and for people who do push very high power settings it is a good idea. I was thinking along the lines of people buying it for battery life at lower wattages, but leaving it at home kind of defeated the purpose of long battery life, as you could just charge another set with a smaller mod and take it out lol.
It makes sense for power users.

Do you find you ever go near the upper settings of the G320? Even my 150W mods have only ever been used at that type of power a couple of times, just to test it out. Some fused claptons and 80W is very high powered to me lol!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
True, the safety aspect at higher watts is good, and for people who do push very high power settings it is a good idea. I was thinking along the lines of people buying it for battery life at lower wattages, but leaving it at home kind of defeated the purpose of long battery life, as you could just charge another set with a smaller mod and take it out lol.
It makes sense for power users.

Do you find you ever go near the upper settings of the G320? Even my 150W mods have only ever been used at that type of power a couple of times, just to test it out. Some fused claptons and 80W is very high powered to me lol!
Realistically I'll never need anywhere near 300 watts lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own both. RX wins on power output. Smok wins on comfort in hand. I love being able to grab it and hit just like the alien.
That said, the RX at 300W hits and feels like 300W with a good set of cells. If they are weak, it flashes weak battery on the display and then the actual power output. The Smok just fires and nothing changes on the display. I tried a set of cells that were low and fired at 165W on the RX300. Put them in the GX350 and cranked it to 300. No complaints from the box, said it was hitting at 300W. Except it didn't feel like it was hitting any harder than the RX. Maybe a tad. Cranked up to 350. No change. Didn't care for that. Put a set of HE6s off the charger in, much better but questionable that it's really hitting 350. Using the T12V12 coil in TFV12 "Cloud Beast King'. Compared to my Koopor Primus 300W it feels weaker. And that's a three cell device!

I hope Daniel tests both of these devices.

HOWEVER, what matters to 98% of the folks out there when using this box...

Yes if you vape at lower wattages, say 75-115W, it does a great job and battery life is very good. If you want it for this purpose I'd say you'd be happy.

And yes, like the alien (maybe a bit worse!) the paint isn't very durable. I wouldn't mind paying more for these if they were powder coated. The zinc chassis looks awful when it chips. But hey, it's a price oriented device so I suppose it's OK to beat them up. Smok isn't known for $650 stabwood boxes, eh? ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After having the RX 300 for a month it is very inefficient my opinion its a great home mod for blowing clouds as you sit around pondering its girth and weight but it is practically almost unusable walking around in public in any way as the battery count increases it appears the inefficiency is also increasing...

joshuamarendt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After having the RX 300 for a month it is very inefficient my opinion its a great home mod for blowing clouds as you sit around pondering its girth and weight but it is practically almost unusable walking around in public in any way as the battery count increases it appears the inefficiency is also increasing...
I've had no issues using it in public

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had no issues using it in public

you miss the point one can do anything again its gigantic and does not lend itself well to a active lifestyle are you putting it in your jeans ? haha

joshuamarendt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you miss the point one can do anything again its gigantic and does not lend itself well to a active lifestyle are you putting it in your jeans ? haha
I am active as can be. I have never put any of my mods no matter the size in my jeans. I take it everywhere I go, only issue I have is taking it in grocery store so that's one time it stays in the car

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am active as can be. I have never put any of my mods no matter the size in my jeans. I take it everywhere I go, only issue I have is taking it in grocery store so that's one time it stays in the car

Again you are proving my point it does not lend itself "WELL" to a active lifestyle

joshuamarendt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Again you are proving my point it does not lend itself "WELL" to a active lifestyle
It does though, not taking it in one place doesn't mean it doesn't fit an active life

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I own both. RX wins on power output. Smok wins on comfort in hand. I love being able to grab it and hit just like the alien.
That said, the RX at 300W hits and feels like 300W with a good set of cells. If they are weak, it flashes weak battery on the display and then the actual power output. The Smok just fires and nothing changes on the display. I tried a set of cells that were low and fired at 165W on the RX300. Put them in the GX350 and cranked it to 300. No complaints from the box, said it was hitting at 300W. Except it didn't feel like it was hitting any harder than the RX. Maybe a tad. Cranked up to 350. No change. Didn't care for that. Put a set of HE6s off the charger in, much better but questionable that it's really hitting 350. Using the T12V12 coil in TFV12 "Cloud Beast King'. Compared to my Koopor Primus 300W it feels weaker. And that's a three cell device!

I hope Daniel tests both of these devices.

HOWEVER, what matters to 98% of the folks out there when using this box...

Yes if you vape at lower wattages, say 75-115W, it does a great job and battery life is very good. If you want it for this purpose I'd say you'd be happy.

And yes, like the alien (maybe a bit worse!) the paint isn't very durable. I wouldn't mind paying more for these if they were powder coated. The zinc chassis looks awful when it chips. But hey, it's a price oriented device so I suppose it's OK to beat them up. Smok isn't known for $650 stabwood boxes, eh? ;)
I'll be testing the gx350 for sure. I tested the maxo as well. I don't have an rx300 to test. I might buy one though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dropstep

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend of mine owns the maxo, the rx300 and the gx350, after trying all of them i wouldnt want to daily carry any of them. his prefrence is the rx300 but hes always been a wismec fan. His maxo is going up for sale and hes keeping the gx350 because its pretty.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't carry box mods. I would likely carry a ego vaporizer like the new Smok subohm models or the Ijust2. I have the Wismec RX300 with the 2nd TFV12 tank coil offering, V12-X4, and it's nice thick clouds and flavor. Not as hot as the V12-T12 which I likely won't use again, but I'll look at the V12-T8 and V12-T6 coils for a middle ground. I have a hunch those two are for cool huge vapor and not bad flavor production either. The quad Sony VTC5As ROAR at 165W on the RX300, though I'd like more wattage coils, which Smok purposely keeps separate for purchases since they're likely as is usually the TFV style situation: the better coils. Regardless, It's a blaster. The thing is solid. I can't see getting cheap painted junk like a GX350. Unfortunately Smok focused exclusively on the TFV12 and making it the BEST KING TANK!...which they did. Solid Stainless Steel, never such hardness of steel have I felt on a tank. I'd pair the GX350 with your regrettable purchase and pair the TFV12 Cloud Beast King Subohm Tank with the Wismec RX300. I have the Glock trademark logo as my "logo". BTW there's a small update available at wismec.com already. I don't use TC ever so I didn't notice the updated features detailed online. The Logo customization is nice. Best 50 bucks I spent.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I currently have the RX300 and it is a good Mod. I haven't had any problems with putting it in my pants pocket... Guess I wear my pants looseer than some. LOL I plan on getting a MAXO in the near future.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just got my GX350. it's surprisingly small, i feel like it could be a pocketable mod

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Richard thinks Im an idiot because I hit the fire button on a Fuchai 213 PLUS model at 200W and it fired off. I wasnt vaping it it just sounded like a regular vape. But now I dont need hate for using HB6s since I have tons of LG HB6s and HB4s as well as Sony VTC5As. The next tank I wanna trt is the Wismec REUX subohm tank with the .15 dual coil at 100W-200W suggested best sweet spot. It's cheap at vapordna.com. RX300's box says boldly to use four 25A or greater 18650 batteries. Finally 2,600mAH AND 25A+ 18650s from Sony tested by liionwholesale. I'll get an Ego subohm mod to bring out with me. How can you put a GX 350 AND TFV12 Tank in your pocket? Any dual triple or quad box mod isnt suitable for long trips. Maybe just ro to your office or a party. I see my cousin with a RX200S with him all the time. Car cupholder and jacket pocket. It's banged up. Wouldn't it brake, scratch or leak if tilted directly the wrong angle? For anybody who pockets them? I know people have those issues and keep ego mods instead. Unfortunately i still smoke but I cut back 75 percent from vaping instead. Cigars cigarettes whacky tobacky pipe tobacco, I like Pipe tobacco but I cut back majorly this week thanks to my new setup.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Richard thinks Im an idiot because I hit the fire button on a Fuchai 213 PLUS model at 200W and it fired off. I wasnt vaping it it just sounded like a regular vape. But now I dont need hate for using HB6s since I have tons of LG HB6s and HB4s as well as Sony VTC5As. The next tank I wanna trt is the Wismec REUX subohm tank with the .15 dual coil at 100W-200W suggested best sweet spot. It's cheap at vapordna.com. RX300's box says boldly to use four 25A or greater 18650 batteries. Finally 2,600mAH AND 25A+ 18650s from Sony tested by liionwholesale. I'll get an Ego subohm mod to bring out with me. How can you put a GX 350 AND TFV12 Tank in your pocket? Any dual triple or quad box mod isnt suitable for long trips. Maybe just ro to your office or a party. I see my cousin with a RX200S with him all the time. Car cupholder and jacket pocket. It's banged up. Wouldn't it brake, scratch or leak if tilted directly the wrong angle?
I never said you were an idiot.
This is an adult forum though so making your posts a little more legible , and making them make a little more sense would help for sure though. Half the time i can't even understand what you are trying to say but i try to be polite.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate it. I just saw one post about my Fuchai situation and you mocked me to another group of members. It bothered me but yeah you have to be careful vaping. Im not qualified to give advice. I assumed 200W would work technically for a small while with HB6s. But I shouldnt make such statements with dangerous hardware. So whats the GX350 like? Do you have a TFV12?

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I should be more careful with typing and grammar/punctuation as well. I find it so informal to type with my thumb on my lap. I should use my Desktop. The RX 300 though has been flawless so far I will promise that.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I appreciate it. I just saw one post about my Fuchai situation and you mocked me to another group of members. It bothered me but yeah you have to be careful vaping. Im not qualified to give advice. I assumed 200W would work technically for a small while with HB6s. But I shouldnt make such statements with dangerous hardware. So whats the GX350 like? Do you have a TFV12?
well if you felt that way, i apologize. It was never my intent to mock you. I was more concerned with making sure people had the right info. I spent hours testing the fuchai 213 plus and making a review to inform people. I wanted to make clear what the mod can do as people search and read the forums and I didn't want people to be misinformed and make a bad decision.
It wasn't anything against you, it was more against the fuchai 213 plus itself

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I should be more careful with typing and grammar/punctuation as well. I find it so informal to type with my thumb on my lap. I should use my Desktop. The RX 300 though has been flawless so far I will promise that.
I do have the TFv12, been using it for about 2 weeks now.. I haven't had a chance to use the GX350. it just arrived today.
I've heard good things about the RX300. I might grab one to test it. they are pretty cheap anyway plus i'm sure if i didn't want to keep it, someone would trade me for it lol.
and I'm not a grammar nazi by any means so please don't think I'm criticizing you. I'm far from perfect myself. All i mean is if you make it sentences and space it out so it's easier to read and understand ;)

VU Sponsors