Become a Patron!

Guns!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, finally got out to shoot w/ coworker.. I managed to 'print' the last of the factory 06 out of the mauser, offhand, 25yd (yes, it's damned embarrassing - used to trees or tables at hand).. Amusingly, none were misses and all w/i a foot, so the boresight wasn't lying much - just me wobbling around in meatspace.

Of course, then I dropped the first handloaded round into the chamber and relearned "gee, that's a no-no on a mauser" *sigh* I now have 2 oak dowels tossed into the guncase for senility-days - the handloads fed and extracted flawlessly at home, so.. My bad. (Hey, I was happy the guys could enjoy shooting and helped police brass)

Think I'll pick up a "shooting stick", since trees and benches/tables are sorta' rare out in sand/gravel dunes in eastern WA. (Had we taken my car, I'd have had my spare cane at hand for a monopod - but we wouldn't have learned my coworkers tranny seems to be suffering issues in overdrive.. Ooops)

Meanwhile, the silly caldwell "target stand" worked perfect (thanks MidwayUSA), GPS recorded the site for shooting later, and I was happy to get on the paper at all - since the BSA bore sight is a crappy collimator that you have to fight to keep vertical at all. I'll get 10 rds made up to fully zero in the midrange (55gr) for 165gr corelokts and H4350, and then I can run the rest - half-grain deltas from 53gr to 57gr - for "who wants to group best?"

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some new content. I got my g43 slide back from Kab Defense.
Exodus Cut.

079464dc1780912f63918b32e36d05f1.jpg
13f05f18f6c55841aa9243c8a576ec47.jpg
3a7788024d41341e5472658fd90cfa8c.jpg
03a09d79fd3b1045cc85dc9f25578979.jpg
a78fc6ec3e06bb329911891fcca1ce34.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
9d9913aef3e1f5ecf6d9f792188fe19e.jpg

For those that love AR's and other .223/5.56 Rifles, the XM193 is a great round if you didnt already know. If you havent tried it before you should pick some up. Try comparing the XM855 (green Tips) to the XM193 by putting them up against Level III plates, the green tip has a hard time making anything more than a dent/crater on a AR500 3/8" Target @ 100yrd while the XM193 sails through as if the metal was never there to begin with.

Pics of XM193 (Punched through) and XM855 (Silver Craters on middle target): https://i.gyazo.com/300de1e6a25bf5b083b9ce418d637713.jpg

300de1e6a25bf5b083b9ce418d637713.jpg
e8b12e4ef18394eb27021c794f19b4ac.jpg
25e156ffdf13484345fb53a2c0b5f4c8.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hey All,

Bought a few guns myself recently, Sig P320 X5 Legion, Glock 48, Ruger 10/22 45, and a Maverick 88 shotgun.
With all that is going on in the US I need to be prepared with protecting my home, and family.

Plus I now belong to a gun club which is only a walk from my home.

20200428_223022.jpg 20200621_210439.jpg 20200125_184556.jpg 20200618_204755.jpg 20200621_210418.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nice concealed holster for the Glock 48, reasonably priced $30- from the Glock store.
Now all I need is a carry permit, lol.
Bought to prevent a accident if kept in the night table draw, so the trigger is covered.

109267791_301473947639338_3210462531503092687_o.jpg113458897_301474030972663_7927722473903463892_o.jpg109362840_301473997639333_4910888220693228088_o.jpg107852858_301474070972659_3413558394416914370_o.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
When your state does not allow hollow point ammo, you buy these.
20200723_145928.jpg

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
View attachment 165480
Wait there are states that don’t allow hollow points?!? I hope Illinois ain’t one, pretty sure they aren’t but can you share what state you’re in? This is very surprising to me. I’d guess maybe California or Massachusetts but what other states don’t allow hollow points?

edit: I just remembered google exists and questions are never necessary. So I found New Jersey and it’s the only state from what I understand. What I don’t understand is why? Anyone have any insight into that? I’m sure the reason is due to a politician’s ignorance but I’m interested in what wrong reason they gave.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

edit: I just remembered google exists and questions are never necessary. So I found New Jersey and it’s the only state from what I understand. What I don’t understand is why? Anyone have any insight into that? I’m sure the reason is due to a politician’s ignorance but I’m interested in what wrong reason they gave.

Here in AZ we're permitted and/or open carry. The only regular ammo I have is for the range or plinking in the desert. Chuck said he thinks the law for NJ is stupid. He's grown up tactical ever since he could walk. Even if you happen to shoot someone with a hollow point to protect yourself you're a criminal? Insane.

Damn. I should have taken a pic of Barbie before she went back in the safe. She's...well, pink, and not just a gun. ;) We kept both of ours bedside when the rioting was going on.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’d think hollow points would be preferable. They are more likely to stay inside whatever you shoot. So is it fine to shoot the innocent person behind the criminal in NJ? Not my fault, I wasn’t allowed HP bullets, sorry innocent person NJ says you shouldn’t have been standing there. I’m always amazed at the dumbass laws these morons come up with. Just when I think they cannot possibly outdo themselves NJ says hold my beer and watch this.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
that's nice that there's no gun control in the US because it's really necessary during this pandemic
Unfortunately despite popular opinion there is gun control. Also guns are always necessary for protection, pursuit of happiness, food procurement, life, liberty, and most importantly to keep governments, whether foreign or domestic, in check. The gun makes everyone equal, hulking man and petite woman + gun= both equal. Octogenarian and 20 year old martial arts master + gun = both equal. I couldn’t imagine being a woman walking the streets at night unarmed, to many scumbags that can hurt me and most are physically capable. An armed society is a polite one, that’s how true equality is reached.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Finally had a chance at the range today since I had the day off of work to adjust my Sig Romeo Pro 1 on my Sig P320 X5 Legion.
At 25 yards it is on the money for me.
10 head shots!

20200819_162832.jpg
20200719_103846.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
WHO HAS A CCW, AND IN WHAT STATE?

Screenshot_99.png

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
HR 127 Completely Disregards The Constitution
The bill is currently in the Committee. So we wait and see what happens with it.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

I’m fine with it. I’ve been hanging with patriots since before the magical event on Nov. 4th. :teehee::nausea:: There’s a great site called BardsFM. I think you’ll love it! Hugs!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that.
Do they issue a ccw in Cali or is it like NJ, and NY where only retired LEO'S can obtain one?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
HR 127 Completely Disregards The Constitution
The bill is currently in the Committee. So we wait and see what happens with it.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Looks like the fine ppl of Missouri are already on it.

other states will most likely replicate this bill and/or make an improved version.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FenixAmmo.com FAQ page...

Q: Are you really discriminating against people who voted for Joe Biden?

A: Yes, we are, and for good reason. Joe Biden ran on a campaign built on the most radical gun control platform we've ever seen. If it was up to him and his administration, companies like ours wouldn't exist. If it was up to them, firearms and ammunition manufacturing would become a nationalized industry meant to serve only the military and police.

We are a company who believes in the Second Amendment as a first principle. The right to use basic human technology to prevent your life from being taken is something that transcends politics, but unfortunately, there is one particular political ideology who seems hell bent on disrupting this balance of power between the citizenry and the government.

If you voted for Biden, we suggest you become familiar with his campaign promises as it pertains to gun control so you never do that again, or, we suggest you sell your firearms to someone who is more interested in preserving the rights that make up the fabric of our nation.
🤣

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Did you make that up?
right to keep and bear arms

The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is a right for people to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
They concluded that the Second Amendment protects a nominally individual right, though one that protects only “the right of the people of each of the several States to maintain a well-regulated militia.” They also argued that even if the Second Amendment did protect an individual right to have arms for self-defense, it ...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hadn't bought any new guns in a long time,so decided to add a nice little 12 gauge Bullpup to my collection.
View attachment 185058
Wow that's awesome! I lost my gun licence yrs ago due to stupid gun laws here.
I regained it 2 yrs ago though and was planning to get a new 22 mag. But we live in a renter here and couldn't get permission to get a gun safe from the owner to, per our regs, bolt it to the floor. I used to have an number of guns before they took them off of me and my license. Had a Bruno 22 mag, Winchester 22 semi, 12 gauge, 410 mag, and a 6.5 rifle. They all got crushed. Was stoked when I got my licence back, gutted to find out I couldn't keep one on my premises. Still have the license though. Used to love hunting. One day.
Again, that looks awesome! 👍

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As of Sept. 1st, a gun license will no longer be required for carrying a handgun in Texas. That being said, I will maintain and keep my license. There will still be plenty of places where only a licensed person can carry, and those without a license cannot carry concealed.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
As of Sept. 1st, a gun license will no longer be required for carrying a handgun in Texas. That being said, I will maintain and keep my license. There will still be plenty of places where only a licensed person can carry, and those without a license cannot carry concealed.
To get my licence back I had to book in for it 2 months ahead. Study the handbook. Then go for the test which involved watching a video, having them show us various guns and explain things then sitting the written test. This was with a Victorian Police officer present and a head of a local gun club. It took nearly 3 hours. Then it was a 6 week wait after that to get approval from Vic Police. 3 1/2 months from applying to getting it.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To get my licence back I had to book in for it 2 months ahead. Study the handbook. Then go for the test which involved watching a video, having them show us various guns and explain things then sitting the written test. This was with a Victorian Police officer present and a head of a local gun club. It took nearly 3 hours. Then it was a 6 week wait after that to get approval from Vic Police. 3 1/2 months from applying to getting it.
For me, it was a 2 hour class plus driving out to the gun range to demonstrate skills and accuracy. Fingerprinting, run through FBI, interpol, and NCIC databases, plus the fees I paid. And yes, 3 to 4 months wait after everything was completed and submitted until I got my license.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For me, it was a 2 hour class plus driving out to the gun range to demonstrate skills and accuracy. Fingerprinting, run through FBI, interpol, and NCIC databases, plus the fees I paid. And yes, 3 to 4 months wait after everything was completed and submitted until I got my license.
Sounds kind of similar except we didnt need to actually shoot.
I had been though from age 10 till mid 30's, lost it through the crackdown, now mid 50s got it back. 👍

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors