Become a Patron!

GTRS VBoy 200W preview/review

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put it as a preview because I literally just got it 15 minutes ago!
First things first, I got this new mod directly from GTRS in Hong Kong. I did pay for the mod, so I'm not under any ties to give glowing reviews. And it should be noted I'm no expert, in fact I'm kind of a newb. My basis of comparison is my G-priv that I destroyed two weeks ago dropping! lol
20170915_122243.jpg

This came from China, but they still included the nice little bag in the box it shipped in. I ordered on Monday, it was picked up by DHL on Tuesday morning and arrived at me door around noon today! I was pretty impressed, I expected a month! lol

20170915_122243.jpg 20170915_122256.jpg 20170915_122310.jpg 20170915_122357.jpg 20170915_122430.jpg 20170915_122449.jpg

These are the quick pics of the unboxing. It came well packaged, has a nice little velvet carrying bag I'll never use, but its still cool. A bunch of paperwork, inspection certificate, warranty card, usb cable and a screen cleaning cloth were all included. The only downside so far is that I asked for green and got white....no biggie for me.

This thing is sexy! I wasn't expecting it to be this nice looking to tell you the truth. Pics on the web don't do it justice. In pics it looks plastic like, but it's powder coated metal of some sort, very comfortable even in my small hands and has a good weight to it. It feels solid and not cheap at all. The side grips are very grippy, they are apparently made out of the same material as golf balls, I was expecting a silicone feel and something that would wear out, but this looks and feels like its not going anywhere if that makes sense.
The screen is crystal clear and bright! I will have to turn it down once I figure it out. There were apparently issues with the battery door and the 510 connector being loose. I know they stated before release that this was corrected, and mine seems fine. The door closed tight, and seems less flimsy than my brothers alien did, although they are similar. The tank sits nice and flush and solid, it looks like it was made for my Kylin!
I know little about temp control, power curves or any of that, in fact, my friend made my coils and I don't even know what material they are other than they are alien wraps. I'm getting all the details from him tonight so I can start learning what these settings are and how to use them. But I popped in the batteries, fired it up and set it to 105, which is what I was running around on my g-priv.
Let met tell you, it hit nice, vapor was instant, taste is great and big clouds! I have to learn the menu layouts, it is confusing for someone not used to so many settings, the YIHI sx500 thats in it, well it seems to work like a champ lol!
In a nutshell, I'm already in love with this thing over my g-priv......
I want to get a lot more in depth, so tell me what you guys want to know, and aside from disassembling it, I'll give it my best! lol!

Attachments

• 20170915_122437.jpg
    20170915_122437.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 25

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I thought I was on top of new gear lol! Haven't heard about this one, til now. Looks nice! How much was it? And did you order directly from the manufacturer? Thanks! And enjoy!

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it direct from GTRS, but I got lucky. The day after they went 10 unit minimum apparently. I can give you a contact though, it's about half the price of a g-class in Canada

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Very cool, you cannot go wrong with any of the Yihi chips, they all work very well in variable wattage and temp control. Glad to hear they took care of the small issues it had originally. They were listed at $120 on GTRS website and the Yihi SxMini G Class goes for $220 down here in the states. Sounds like a good way to get into the higher end chipsets.

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I figured I'd give a quick update. Although I'm nowhere near a pro on any of this, but I love this device. It looks sweet AF and hits like a freight train. I have it on soft mode right now, and still find it too warm if I chain vape a couple hits. I need to learn about temp control a bit. I DO have the battery door issue though, it often opens up just the tiniest bit. Not enough for the batteries to come loose or shut off the device, but just enough to annoy me. I let them know about this issue. The screen is crystal clear and I like that it's recessed, it won't scratch or get damaged easily. It also had two fonts to choose from and 10 wallpapers, all of which are kind of lame. Actually the wallpapers aren't, but the fonts that come with them are. Resloution and color are miles above the G-priv. Battery life seems to be on par with my G-priv, I run low about 3pm if I'm vaping at 100w, but I'm a chain vaper. No issues with the 510 connector, and the thing feels solid as a rock. It would likely make a good weapon, nice and conforable inside your hand with good weight lol.
I can't speak to the temp control settings as I don't have a clue how that shit works, but you can set your own curves, wattage mode, temp mod, and joule mode whatever the hell that is, and a shitload of crazy stuff I promise I'll never figure out. It has 5 memory settings, I've only used two tanks, my kylin and a cleito, and it was amazing with both. Balanced charging works well, but you can't vape with it plugged in, which is probably a good thing.
Buttons are nice and clicky, feel definite when you click them. The only complaint I could find other than the battery door is the fire button. It's clicky, but clicks easy. It has gone off twice now when inside my too tight, 80's glam star jeans.
The frame is made out of a zinc alloy I found, and the powder coating it top notch, flat textured black that looks like it can take a ton of abuse. I've been treating it like all my others, in my pocket both at home and at work (I work in mining) and there isn't a mark on it yet. None. My brothers Alien was worn bare in a few days by comparaion.
So would I recommend it? Well, it's my first "higher end" chipset, but the Yihi seems like a rockstar to me, and really, this thing did cost me less than my g-priv and performs much better IMHO. So um....yup I sure would recommend this. It's the hooker you always wanted, as a price you could actually afford! One or two blemishes, but nothing that's going to land you with a visit to the clinic lol!

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Nice to see your honest opinion, I'm quite impressed by what I have seen. Seeing as though it's a Yihi chip, I knew the mod would have the potential to be a top performer. Glad you're enjoying it and nice little first look review. I like written reviews myself more so than videos and you Sir, do have a special talent for expressing your feelings toward a new mod. Let us know how she's doing after a few days please, I look forward to hearing more from you.

jerryprague

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got one today and it's solid as a rock. I've not done anything at all with TC etc, I am a straight up vaper, working with watts, but this is a very nice mod, lots of power, powers up immediately, feels great and there is alot of room to grow with this one.

So far, zero issues with the battery door. (update... it did open a little once today but it wasn't a major turn off to me)

I have been vaping for five years but just getting into building and making my own ejuice, and it is a day and night difference in terms of quality and control. I had been buying no name brand cheap local juice. This week I mixed my first batch using capella NY cheesecake, day and night difference-I got a clone Kayfun v4 off of aliexpress and it is light years better in terms of clouds and flavor from my Aspire Nautilus-by making my own juice, it gives you complete control and you know you are putting healthy quality fluid into your mix. Great to be on this board now gang! :)

Last edited:

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Final update I guess. Maybe not. I'm still in love with this mod, it's by far the best of the mods I've owned to date. BUT, that damn battery door is annoying. The spring appears to have slipped or broken or something, so the spring does nothing now. Now it will occasionally pop open and shut my unit off, or in the worst case scenario send my batteries shooting out completely. It's a damn shame, because everything else on this mod is flawless.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope your battery door can be fixed and it was a fluke. I like the looks of this and could add it to my list fast. Guess i will wait and see about the door issue. :(

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not expecting it, I ordered direct from manufacturer in China. If you get one, wait and get it locally. The rest of the mod is amazing, and I mean amazing, but the door issue really sucks. Mind you tons of mods have the same problem, my brothers Alien needed electrical tape a week after he got it.

jerryprague

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Final update I guess. Maybe not. I'm still in love with this mod, it's by far the best of the mods I've owned to date. BUT, that damn battery door is annoying. The spring appears to have slipped or broken or something, so the spring does nothing now. Now it will occasionally pop open and shut my unit off, or in the worst case scenario send my batteries shooting out completely. It's a damn shame, because everything else on this mod is flawless.
Supposedly they will fix it through the distributors.....

WestCan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Firmware needs to be fixed. 120J feel like 50-60w... spin fuel has pretty good review on it. It's a decent mod but requires you to buy from seller that will provide v2 door. I like that it doesn't read operating voltage like Sx550j does but advertising this to be like a g class is like saying dna250 is the same as dna75

VU Sponsors