Become a Patron!

GS-Tank .15ohm

I busted the glass on my smok and needed a tank quick. Grabbed this one and installed. First head I put in and let soak made a HUGE pop and the vape tasted/smelled like an electrical fire! Replaced it thinking it was defective. Nope....same thing, massive electrical firing...tried all temps with no change. Using the istick40w. Any ideas what is going on?

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, The coil you were trying to use is for TC (temperature control) did you make sure you had the mod in TC mode for a Nickel coil? If you fired it in power mode, you probably fried it causing the nasty taste. If you did have it in TC Ni mode, you need to fire it at a real low temperature until you make sure the coil has had a chance to prime well. I usually drip some juice into the coil before installing to help it get primed quickly.

Welcome to VU, The coil you were trying to use is for TC (temperature control) did you make sure you had the mod in TC mode for a Nickel coil? If you fired it in power mode, you probably fried it causing the nasty taste. If you did have it in TC Ni mode, you need to fire it at a real low temperature until you make sure the coil has had a chance to prime well. I usually drip some juice into the coil before installing to help it get primed quickly.

Thanks for the response! I primed it well, tried different juice even though I vape some good ones and thought maybe I had accidentally got some juice down the hole so I cleaned it. Nothing is working. I have run it from 20.0w-36.0w Same results my istick40w does show in TC mode the temp protection is displayed?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the response! I primed it well, tried different juice even though I vape some good ones and thought maybe I had accidentally got some juice down the hole so I cleaned it. Nothing is working. I have run it from 20.0w-36.0w Same results my istick40w does show in TC mode the temp protection is displayed?
You need to make sure the display shows a temp and not watts and a little Ni next to it, not Ti. Titanium coils (Ti) have a different temp coefficient and it won't work properly if you don't have it set to the type coil you're using

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm gonna have to call it a day and get some sleep. I hope someone else will come around to help you get it sorted out.

VU Sponsors