Become a Patron!

Griffin Juice Feed Issues

I have been having some problems with my Griffin feeding juice to the juice channels. A vacuum seems to build in the tank I can see the air bubble in the juice hole. If I crack the top of the tank as if I were going to fill it, the bubbles come out but that is the only way. And I mean a lot of bubbles come out like the juice well was completely dry. I have tried different wicking techniques and different coil diameters but the problem seems to persist. Any ideas on how to fix this?

jkoppk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been having some problems with my Griffin feeding juice to the juice channels. A vacuum seems to build in the tank I can see the air bubble in the juice hole. If I crack the top of the tank as if I were going to fill it, the bubbles come out but that is the only way. And I mean a lot of bubbles come out like the juice well was completely dry. I have tried different wicking techniques and different coil diameters but the problem seems to persist. Any ideas on how to fix this?
What's the VG/pg of your liquid? I had the same problem your having and tried everything, different coils and wicking,but my max VG wouldn't work.I switched to a 70/30 and now it's great.

Yeah I can always force the juice to feed no problem, just hate having to do it. I have tried everything down to 60/40 and always the same issue. So damn frustrating.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I can always force the juice to feed no problem, just hate having to do it. I have tried everything down to 60/40 and always the same issue. So damn frustrating.

Maybe a bad o-ring? If it can with extras, swap them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it currently wicked like? I just tuck the wick behind ring. I run max VG, 60-70 watts all day with zero wicking issues or leaks. I currently run 4 Griffins.

From my experience, too small of coils and/or too much wick in the channels is the root cause for dry hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have a Griffin with 3mm ID coils, chain vaping 70/30 VPG with no wicking issues or dry hits whatsoever, not even once.

The trick is to place the least amount of restriction possible on the juice holes, do not stuff the cotton inside, do not push the cotton all the way inside, fluff your cotton as much as you can before placing it inside your coil, and then fluff the parts sticking out some more, then cut the edges at an angel to make it a little pointy then just tuck these pointy ends gently behind the metal ring on top of the juice channel only, cotton should not be visible in the juice channel, then after tucking the cotton behind that ring fluff its edges from underneath that ring some more.

The point is to make the juice channels flood into your cotton freely without restriction and it wicks like a dream

I have had the same problem. I also unscrew the tank a little bit to release the bubbles. Makes for a perfect hit every time. I wicked it every which way and air still gets trapped till I release it. Probably switching to a dripper.

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That pressure is what keeps the griffin from leaking. I have bubbles in my juice flow holes but I never get dry hits, vaping 0.2 ohm 70 watts. I try to use the least amount of cotton possible while fluffing them/ stretching them.

If you are getting dry hits, try slowly pulling out small strands of cotton until you consistently get a dense moist vape. You can know if it is not wicking perfectly because the draws will be dry before it burns.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never really had a problem with that. the bubbles might hang for a while, but it always seems to feed juice fine. I chain vape 20/80 all day long on mine.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
bubbles hanging in the juice holes does not mean it is not wicking probably, they do come out after a few hits when cotton starts drying out and starts pulling liquid the bubbles do come out. if you do not stuff the cotton inside the channels and allow the liquid to flow freely it always wicks properly with max VG even when chain vaping.

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I grinded my juice channels bigger with a dremel. I make diy juices and its always max vg and with the bigger channels, i dont get a dry hit. I post what I did somewhere here in the site.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not trying to be Mr. Obvious here, but you do know all tanks are vacuum tanks right? If there was no vacuum, juice would just drain out. Which is what happens when you open the top.

Don't sweat the bubble. Are you getting dry hits? If not, don't worry about it.

There is a balance of vacuum, and restriction from wick. Stuff wick into channel is too much restriction. Juice can't overcome that with vacuum and flow. Not enough wick, and juice will drain because level differences are not enough to stop it.

What you simply have is 1 port with more restriction than the others. You will never get all 4 wick end perfectly identical and bubbles out of all 4 ports. Pressure will equalize through least resistance. But that doesn't mean all 4 wick ends are not getting juice. Juice can get around the bubble. If you are not getting dry hits, your wick is wicking.

The Griffin is easy to wick. Do it like said, and trust it is not too little wick. Cut wick ends to the top of the deck. Don't extend them into chanel. Use retaining ring just to collect ends and keep them in place. Don't stuff/fill retaining ring. Shape the ends if you want, (angled, pointed, thinned) but it isn't required.

Do that and your Griffin will wick perfect and not leak. And you will still see a bubble in 1 hole most likely.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
Most of the time my Griffin 22 behaves, but if not an occasional leak, I do get annoyed by going though my day with sticky fingers due to some seepage around the bottom. Well last night I tried the suggestion of another o-ring on the next level above the deck o-ring. This makes the juice flow adjustment harder to turn, but that is no big deal. So far today, it is staying dry.
See picture for location. I'll take a pic of the o-ring in place next time I have the tank apart.
Update: Oops! That was not a fix. The extra o-ring was just tangled in there when I took things apart, or maybe the o-ring gets torn when it is taken apart. In either case, not a good fix.

Attachments

• Authentic-GeekVape-Griffin-Tank-Velocity-deck-500x500.jpg
    Authentic-GeekVape-Griffin-Tank-Velocity-deck-500x500.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I'm beginning to think that with the Griffin, tighten things up good, do the usual wicking recommendations, set the juice control as needed and don't move that setting even when filling. I think the moving of the juice control may sometimes cause seeping. Fill upright without shaking so closing the juice control is not needed. Just prime a little with air closed after filling to get pressure, so maybe close the air when filling.

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe it has to do with the way youre wicking it. You might have too much wick. The Griffin is very tempermental when it comes to that. Take a pic of tour wicking so we can help you better.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I'll take a pic, next time open, but I have tried many tweaks. I'm using cellucotton, just in the channels without poking past the ring, or just slightly, keeping away from air holes, It doesn't leak, well once in a while, it is more like a slight seeping where I have to wipe down and wash my hands a few times a day. I use plenty of wick and snug but not tight. Neatly done. Mod is VTC mini at 30W, coils 26 awg. Kanthal, 8 turns, 2.5mm id, 1/2 ohm total. O-rings changed, 70% VG.

Last edited:

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also I found in my Griffin that I have to turn the juice control clockwise all the time. The ring tends to loosen up when turning counter but wont tighten back down. This the only time I would have juice to seep out.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I turn clock-wise out of habit. I do notice that there is usually a pool under the tank when I remove it

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the leakage come out of the airflow wholes? does it leak when you close the juice control?

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I have to conclude it is the air adjust section. If I open the air full and blast it with an air hose at work, it is dry for hours. I don't fool with the juice control anymore. It does not seem necessary and nothing leaks when I fill and leave it open. I think turning it makes it break seal.
Update: I change my mind. I have no clue what causes this on to leak one day and not the next. Open or closing juice control when filling, who knows, just keep a napkin near by.

Last edited:

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I got around to trying a Griffin clone yesterday. The only problem it has is the air and juice controls turn too easy. But the good news is the clone has no leaks! I am told this is not really a clone but just not factory warranted.
I saw some info how to take the press fit part of the deck apart. I had no luck with that, but I hear there is a hidden o-ring in there that could be the problem. I think I will just order a replacement deck. Then I will try to press the non-leaking clone tighter to get more resistance on the controls.

Last edited:

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I got a new authentic Griffin deck. First tank, so far is staying dry and that's with all the other authentic parts in it from the leaky one . The clone however (more like a factory 2nd), after a few days oozed juice once in a while eventually. If the authentic with the new deck stays leak free, then it is the deck at fault and maybe people should buy a few extra decks if they like the Griffin. I do think it has a nice thick vape.
Tomorrow a Billow V2 arrives.

I was having some leaks on my Griffin clone but eventually learned my cotton was twisting when I was screwing the tank back onto the deck. I just trimmed the cotton down a bit and re positioned the cotton. Glad you caught the problem! Sometimes it can be hard to find the problem

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
Great tank, but if true that there are hidden o-rings in the air control base that you cannot get to that could eventually cause a leak problem, that can't be a good thing. These days you need equipment that are easily repairable if things get hard to get in with all the FDA nonsense going on.
Enjoying it today though. No sticky hands. I hated that.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
juice holes closed during refill,, then opened again after top cap is on... always turn the tank clockwise. (that keeps that ring from back off)

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I do that, thanks.
So far the new Griffin replacement deck is better. However, as time goes by, I still get slight sticky fingers eventually.
I got my Billow V2 today and did a quick build. Great tank, great clouds and taste, more than the Griffin 22. I can turn down the wattage and still get a great vape. The deck could be a little wider. The 2.5 mm ID coils (26awg) are very close to shorting to the wall so a little more tinkering. But, bone dry outside the tank so my hands are dry. Much better, so far, plus 5ml.

VU Sponsors