Become a Patron!

Greetings from Chicago. New Member, soon to be vaper.

Hey everyone!

Have been lurking around the forum for a minute and figured I would introduce myself.

Currently a very broke, 2 pack a day American Spirit smoker.
Have wanted to switch to vaping (serious health problems) but have always shyed away as soon as I started reading mod descriptions that confused the heck out of me with terms like "sub ohm", "MTL", "rebuildable etc.

I've finally figured out what I need/want in order to make the switch. I am however having a little bit of trouble since the mod I want comes as a kit and I cant afford to buy the tank I want on top of batteries,charger,juices.

I should probably add that my only experience with vaping are the 2-3 times I took a puff from a friends mod or Juul. Oh and that one time I payed retail for that "Blu" ecig kit that proved to be completely useless for my needs.

Was planning on hitting up a local shop this weekend. I know it's always cheaper to buy online, but I would like to check out actual physical mod sizes and who knows...things may not be that more expensive.

I'll search around the forum for the proper place to post my noob "where can I find this mod without the whole kit".

Until then I figured it would be more proper to say hello.

Hello!

PS. What are the details about new users stating threads? Must I have a certain amount of post beforehand or am I good to go? If anyone can save me the time by answering this question that would be rad

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Xavier - and congratulations on taking that first step towards freedom from tobacco!

You can post threads or post on existing threads already :cool:

Thanks! And thank you for filling me in about the thread/posting details.
I automatically assumed something like "must have 50 post before starting a thread or sending a PM".

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here.

Be sure to check out the products from the VU venders,,,,,,
Also enter some of the contests and you may win some nice stuff.

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there and welcome to VU! You can get many basic questions answered in the "New Vapers Start Here" section. I found it helpful to watch online reviews for basic impressions about things. :ejuice:

I went to a shop for my first mod. It was reassuring to, for instance, see how to fill, change coils, ect. for the product I bought. ;)

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU. I have family in Joliet. Glad you're making the switch. And good job the the research.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :cheers:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone!

Have been lurking around the forum for a minute and figured I would introduce myself.

Currently a very broke, 2 pack a day American Spirit smoker.
Have wanted to switch to vaping (serious health problems) but have always shyed away as soon as I started reading mod descriptions that confused the heck out of me with terms like "sub ohm", "MTL", "rebuildable etc.

I've finally figured out what I need/want in order to make the switch. I am however having a little bit of trouble since the mod I want comes as a kit and I cant afford to buy the tank I want on top of batteries,charger,juices.

I should probably add that my only experience with vaping are the 2-3 times I took a puff from a friends mod or Juul. Oh and that one time I payed retail for that "Blu" ecig kit that proved to be completely useless for my needs.

Was planning on hitting up a local shop this weekend. I know it's always cheaper to buy online, but I would like to check out actual physical mod sizes and who knows...things may not be that more expensive.

I'll search around the forum for the proper place to post my noob "where can I find this mod without the whole kit".

Until then I figured it would be more proper to say hello.

Hello!

PS. What are the details about new users stating threads? Must I have a certain amount of post beforehand or am I good to go? If anyone can save me the time by answering this question that would be rad
Welcome! There's a lot of great folks here that will be extremely helpful. Keep in mind, you can always window shop at local shops & then order online. This is never my top choice, but when money is tight, money is tight.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Welcome!

While hardware might not be much higher, with Chicago and Crook county taxes ...( http://chicagoist.com/2015/12/29/chicago_to_ring_in_2016_with_a_tax.php )
..juice sure is.

il (2).jpg

Ron
---
"He who takes the wrong road, makes the journey twice." -Paladin" (Have Gun - Will Travel) 1960

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU!

VU Sponsors