1. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Remember Green Smoke? Before they were bought by big tobacco. I remember using them back in early 2009. The products were so expensive. I still smoked but they did get me into the vaping world. Vaping was so simple back then.

2. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You mean these? I used cig-a-likes from them. Used those for less than two weeks. Back to cigarettes. Got into Ego styled with clear-o-mizers. Used that kind for about two months. Got lulled to an Innokin MVP. Used it for a little longer, got hooked up with squonking & using RDA. Vaping is still simple. :) I use what I like, don't use what I don't like.

Poconojo likes this.
  3. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    the good old days of the DSE and salibro wraped 401 stick batt

inspects and Poconojo like this.
  4. Anibird

Anibird Gold Contributor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I still have some cigalikes from Green Smoke for my DH. He still smokes but not as much. I'm not sure what I can get him when the Green Smokes run out.

Poconojo likes this.
  5. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    I forget which company took a lot of the stock left over after BT discontinued the product. I saw it somewhere. LOL

Anibird likes this.
  6. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    401 thread battery. That's right. Wasn't compatible with the standard 510,901,808. Forgot about that. LOL

7. Anibird

Blog Posts:
    He seems to be liking a couple of my pods so hopefully when the Green Smoke run out he'll switch to one or more of my other pods. No hurry tho, I still have at least 10 Green Smoke cartridges and he vapes slow.

8. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Not a fan of the Pod system. I have an Njoy and Lost vape system. I like my mechanicals and RTAS. MTL vaping. They seem to be really popular right now. Making the cigalike obsolete. If he likes them thats good.

9. Anibird

Blog Posts:
    Getting him to vape is like pulling teeth. If I can find something he'll like I'm happy.

Poconojo likes this.
  10. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. Thats them. The batteries were so expensive back in the day. I think a single battery was like 30-40 dollars.The kits were 150-200 dollars if I remember correctly. 5 pack of cartomizers were like 22 dollars. Unless you purchased in quantity. LOL

11. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I started with a cigilike then got a dual ego-t kit from totallywicked
    A $66 dual ego kit. :facepalm:

After that I was using an ego twist with a kanger T2 tank
    Next I moved to the bottom coil kanger tanks (EVOD, MT3s)

Then the protank V1 came out so I had that and a vamo V2

August 2012 is when I got the first kit.
    I went in the hospital for a week so I bought the cigilike from the gas station for $10 to sneak a few puffs.
    It worked well enough to cause me to go on my netbook and order the ego-t kit and it was at home waiting for me when I came home from the hospital.

gopher_byrd, inspects and Poconojo like this.
  12. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I started with My7’s cigalike. Proprietary of course and prefilled carts with like three flavors. I paid around $100 for the craptacular kit, I paid extra for the bigger battery, I think it was 350mah. Obviously this was before I found any forums and other vapers to steer me away from these kits.

Just checked and my7’s are still in business. I wonder how many uninformed people they are still getting to buy these kits.

Poconojo likes this.
  13. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Totally Wicked!! LOL I had an ego tank kit from them. The 510 kit with pcc from Revolver.

14. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Back then I didn't know what to search for.

Totallywicked was the first site i found.
    They always rebrand their stuff so it made it harder to find stuff online in other places.
    like an innokin svd would be called a t.e.c.c svd or something

Finally I found fasttech and got the vamo and protank.

Poconojo and inspects like this.
  15. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Still got my original green smoke carto in the cupboard ...wasnt for me but serves as a reminder for sure

5150sick and Poconojo like this.
  16. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I can't speak for this merchant but apparently there are still places to find carts and even batteries if you are so inclined.

https://www.themagicmist.com/COMPATIBLE-WITH-GREEN-SMOKE-s/65.htm

As far as I know, they have no affiliation with the member here by a similar name, lol.

Poconojo and Anibird like this.
  17. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    i'll save the long winded story of what i went thur let's just say at one point in time i had every adapter for every connection for every atty cart combo.
    i went the GS,smoothsmoke,njoy-cigalikes. penstyle cigar style, ego and a few others a few box mods ... provari and dna30 to what i have now.

juice nic at the start was 56-64 DIY TW or others - to end up at 3mg.

there was a time i was MTL at 18 with a 5v box mod now im DL at 3 with mesh... i spent way to much to get here and i would properly saved a few steps in between had i started later in the generations. i am one of the few who can say that we vaped before it was known or popular... i can also say what caused many vapers to be seen differently was the people who would take there cigalike in a store exhale there vape and give tuide They weren't smoking so now we are tobacco products and so on. when i vaped i never did it inside places were smoking was banned...

gopher_byrd and Poconojo like this.
  18. Anibird

Blog Posts:
    Coolness. Thanks! Personally I think they're crap but if DH will vape them instead of smoking it helps having a source to resupply him.

Poconojo and NGAHaze like this.
  19. Poconojo

Poconojo New Member

Blog Posts:
    $9.95 for 1 pack compatible with green smoke cartomizers isn't to tragic. At least you can still get them.

20. fq06

fq06 Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    My first was a cigalike back in 08 or something and went back to cigs.

Then an Ovale in 2010, then Odysseus on a VV stick with stacked 18350's, then I found FT.
    Good times!

20190920_162517.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Poconojo likes this.