Become a Patron!

Great recipes by HIC

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grabbed that and Blueberry Coconut Smoothie... mmm. A good recipe is priceless to a DIYer. The saved time, money, and taste buds in skipping to great recipes makes it easy to justify supporting research that is delicious.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grabbed that and Blueberry Coconut Smoothie... mmm. A good recipe is priceless to a DIYer. The saved time, money, and taste buds in skipping to great recipes makes it easy to justify supporting research that is delicious.
I totally agree with you laughmore!

Simply put, I am amazed at how well HIC gets flavors to work together to create the taste of a desired recipe. For recipes this tasty and spot on I'm sure he's put much of his time into them. This lemon creme soda is spot on.
Blueberry coconut smoothie? I must have missed that one! I know he will add different recipes here. Yes the orange soda caught my eye as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grabbed the Orange Soda as well, and my shopping list to make these 3 is only 3 items long since I have most of the staple FA stuff already. Hot damn.

When I get around to ordering NA Ginger, I'll snag all those recipes as well. If wllmc carried it or one of the vaping versions of it (there's a few... not sure what's what) I'd be all over that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Grabbed the Orange Soda as well, and my shopping list to make these 3 is only 3 items long since I have most of the staple FA stuff already. Hot damn.

When I get around to ordering NA Ginger, I'll snag all those recipes as well. If wllmc carried it or one of the vaping versions of it (there's a few... not sure what's what) I'd be all over that.

Yeah, hey, @wllmc how about stocking some NF Ginger for us? That would be awesome! Nobody sells small amounts at a reasonable price.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, ok! For my birthday next month I'm getting more recipes. HIC keep the blueberry coconut one up for me till March 11th please!

still not hip to the rules yet but 10-4 and roga dat
Oh I get it Roger...for a minute I thought roga was a new form of yoga you were doing!

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Buying recipes is an interesting concept and $3 is a fair price for the R&D required in making them.
Here's how I look at it. I've been making HIC's Orange Cran Macaroon Bars since a few minutes after it was originally posted. It's been in my daily rotation since that time (couple months). Do I consider that to have been worth $3? Hell yes. I consider it to be worth more than that, honestly.

Let's say a very large vendor offered up recipe information for some of their most popular flavor lines that you hear people discuss daily. Would they charge you $3? Nope, they'd charge you way more. If they made changes to that juice, they'd suggest you buy the new juice.

I'm with ya, Pauly. I think it's a great idea for HIC, and a very fair price.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I so concur, Huck! You hit the head on the nail! I've only 1 thing to add... I went to a vape shop last summer and tested 102 flavors they had available. I only liked 3 out of all of them. Since discovering vu...wow, what a pot of gold! I haven't even put a dent in all the recipes HIC has posted...I've tried at least 20...some I like more than others, but I have yet to find one I don't care for. I love you guys!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
You tested 102 flavors at a vape shop! WOW! Did they give you a desk for the time you were there? lol
Once I found FA flavors, none of the vendor e-liquids I had tasted great to me. FA makes it easy to do better. My earlier concoctions with TFA and FW tasted like vendor liquids (at best!)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes when I first started vaping! I had such a head buzz by 9:30 a.m. I told my sister in law we should hit the bar next!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
moved to vendor review. Something purchased is a review

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
moved to vendor review. Something purchased is a review
I have a question about this. Would it be acceptable under DIY reviews? I ask, because, we buy a recipe, but still mix it on our own, with flavors we may already have.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DIY is a bit one all. You are your juice vendor, blending your own recipe in most cases but in some cases you share it and others comment on their version which is what this section is for. after all if you want to review a supply vendor (flavoring,pg,vg,nic base,etc) that could go here but to me it feels better under vendor reviews. Think of DIY reviews as your version of a shared recipe weather purchased or not. and think of the main section as the place to post the recipe and respond to the recipe itself. Feedback of it here.

I just made up the blueberry coconut smoothie at both his spec and x1.5, i let it steep for 5 or so days trying is as i did but i cant seem to get more than a hint of blueberry and not much else, tried this in rdas and tank both getting the same thing... anyone else getting the same? thanks in advance!!

VU Sponsors