Become a Patron!

GREAT CHICAGO VAPE-IN, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19TH

Tommy-Chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please forward to interested parties and vape shops in your area.

One day event! Meet and greet and get word out about vaping!

GREAT CHICAGO VAPE-IN

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19TH AT - 12 NOON TO 4PM, RICHARD J. DALEY CENTER.

Address: 50 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602

MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/place/50+W+Washington+St,+Chicago,+IL+60602/@41.8840611,-87.6324315,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e2cbae4fc8bcd:0xdc6e6b3ef8896f67

===================================================
If you want to print 10 pages to hand out, this is what we suggest:

WHY IS VAPING BEING TARGETED BY POLITICIANS?

Advantages of governments encouraging vaping

#1) Promotes quitting smoking, reduces burden of cancer, cardiovascular and respiratory disease [McNeill] – with consequent impact on health care system costs [e-cigarettes poised to save Medicaid millions]

#2) “The precise extent of harm from long-term use is not known but from the toxicological evidence to date it would be expected to be 95% less than that of smoking tobacco cigarettes” [UK experts]. We do however know from Scandinavia that decades of nicotine use via low risk smokeless tobacco (snus) reveal only trivial health risks and huge population-level health benefits.

#3) Reduction in health inequalities driven by switching by poor smokers

#4) Improvements in well-being among smokers who switch

#5) Cost savings from vaping can have wider benefits on poor household budgets

#6) Important strategy for people with particular needs – e.g. those with mental health conditions such as schizophrenia [Louise Ross, Public Health England]

#7) No cost to public sector or burden on health care workers [Gerry Stimson: Consumer led public health revolution at no cost to taxpayer]

#8) No evidence for renormalization of smoking – normalization of vaping as an alternative to smoking is pro-health [Robert West] [Carl Phillips: “How could ostentatiously not smoking — sending the signal “I used to smoke but I now think it is a bad idea so I vape instead” — possibly encourage smoking?“]

#9) No evidence of gateway effects – other than exits as young people stop smoking or never start [Alarmist survey on teenage vaping misses the point – reaction]

#10) Use by teenagers is very low, largely confined to smokers – and even where used by non-smokers they may have smoked had e-cigarettes not been available [ASH data, Linda Bauld]

Likely unintended consequences of a vaping ban

#1) It removes one advantage of vaping relative to smoking and so may discourage switching and encourage relapse

#2) It may drive vapers out with smokers and encourage them to start smoking

#3) It may degrade the potential to normalize vaping as an alternative to smoking

#4) Banning legal alternative increases passive tobacco smoke exposure

#5) Ban provides official implicit endorsement of disproportionate risk perceptions about electronic cigarettes – makes them look as bad as cigarettes

#6) Legislation and policy-making without evidence or principle engenders distrust in tobacco policies, public health policies and government generally

#7) It stigmatizes and punishes vapers for choosing the ‘wrong way’ to quit – implicitly classes vaping as a deviant behavior rather than a public health success

#8) It might encourage vapers to smoke on their ‘nicotine’ break – smoking provides a faster nicotine hit

Tommy-Chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More than 50 vape shops in the Chicagoland area have been invited!

This event is going to be held at the Daley Center where the Christkindlmarket is going to be!!!

You can get something to eat, and drink. Be sure to bring a little cash in case the booth does not accept debit or credit cards.

Tommy-Chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
GREAT CHICAGO VAPE-IN AT THE CHRISTKINDLMARKET

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19TH AT - 12 NOON TO 4PM, RICHARD J. DALEY CENTER.

Address: 50 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602

MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/place/50+W+Washington+St,+Chicago,+IL+60602/@41.8840611,-87.6324315,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e2cbae4fc8bcd:0xdc6e6b3ef8896f67

I'm hoping to get more than 100 and less than 1,000 for the event. I cannot tell now how many will show up, but it will not be an issue if 1,000 show up. It is a last minute thing that I am throwing together to try and organize/galvanize Chicagoland vapers regarding FDA Deeming Rules, and Cook County and Chicago taxes, which should be around $1/ml at the start of the year. I'm generally in Naperville (Gray Haze), Woodridge or Chicago(Level Vape) at a vape shop, or at home vaping my brains out. I need to get to more shops in the new year.

Christkindlmarket, a Christmas market held annually at Daley Plaza in Chicago and is ongoing, but we are not in any way going to interfere with it. We are going to meet INSIDE of it, and have a few drinks! I called and they have their own security as well as Chicago Police Officers there on site.

My goal is to meet at the event that is being held there...not to have us all standing around looking at each other, and talk to each other about the vaping industry. It should be easy to spot people vaping. It is a small plaza. I'll be wearing a hat that says, VAPE" in bold letters with a flowery brim. Just say hello!

Because my plan is to have people visit, and enjoy the Christkindlmarket , I did not even consider getting a permit. Enjoy meeting with other shop owners. I'm hitting shop owners the hardest, but hopefully many vapers will show too.

We need to talk about everything. The possibility that things will be banned and where people in the Chicagoland area are going to get supplies.

If this works at all, and a decent number show up, I'll try to do it three to four times a year at events around Chicagoland that we can all enjoy.
Please forward to interested parties!
Sincerely,
Thomas

Tommy-Chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
banner1.jpg

Tommy-Chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just two days!

Meet us at the Daley Center, 12 Noon to 4PM, December 19th, for drinks, good food, and to vape!

VU Sponsors