GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It certainly is but that's considered low to average around here . It's insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly shit dude. My neigbor is selling place. Nice house, 10 acres or so. Probably less than half your current taxes. Want his number? :)

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holly shit dude. My neigbor is selling place. Nice house, 10 acres or so. Probably less than half your current taxes. Want his number? :)

Ha ha 10 acres holy cow I could take my whole family ! I can hear my neighbors phone ring if my windows are open !

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't disagree with you here. But that is only part of the story. I am not defending obamacare. Simply stating the old ways weren't working either.

Also, there are other costs we all get hit with because of the uninsured. Obamacare was supposed to help with those costs too. It was a first attempt and no reasonable person thought it would be perfect.

I don't think throwing away something where we know the problems and replacing it with something completely new and unknown is going to result in significant savings. Take what we have and make it work better. Gut it where it needs gutted. Work together and just do something fruitful. Any plan to replace will almost certainly come at greater costs.

We need to stop being led around by lying politicians. Fake government.

The old way did work. Check this out.

Indigent people, those truly poor, got their bills paid for through State programs.

Many middle class folks, especially those that were uninsured went bankrupt from medical expenses. And, they complained allot about it. But, what you don't hear, is that the vast majority of them were already deeply in debt. Cars, houses and toys. They borrowed money to live above their means. They bought McMansions and brand new cars. They maxed their credit cards. Illness or injury struck and while they could pay their previous payments they had left themselves little money left over for unexpected illness. They went bankrupt because of their lack of managing their own money. They were already in heavy debt. In fact, many went bankrupt not from medical bills even though they got sick or injured as they were insured, but because they could not work and thus could not pay their heavy debt.

The healthcare crisis, before Obamacare, was largely a household debt crisis. And Obamacare is nothing but a liberal ploy to buy votes with other peoples money. It's a scam to get votes by telling people us Dimocrats are going to pay your healthcare costs so you can keep buying McMansions, new cars and grand vacations on your fucking credit card(prevent bankruptcy).

Now, I don't know about you but I'm not inclined to pay more because my neighbor borrowed a fuck ton of money, got sick, and then had to file bankruptcy because he owed to much fucking money and couldn't pay the doctors. Just so he can keep his fucking boat.

Now there is a dose of reality for ya. Do what you want with it.

Last edited:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The old way did work. Check this out.

Indigent people, those truly poor, got their bills paid for through State programs.

Many middle class folks, especially those that were uninsured went bankrupt from medical expenses. And, they complained allot about it. But, what you don't hear, is that the vast majority of them were already deeply in debt. Cars, houses and toys. They borrowed money to live above their means. They bought McMansions and brand new cars. They maxed their credit cards. Illness or injury struck and while they could pay their previous payments they had left themselves little money left over for unexpected illness. They went bankrupt because of their lack of managing their own money. They were already in heavy debt.

The healthcare crisis, before Obamacare, was largely a household debt crisis. And Obamacare is nothing but a liberal ploy to buy votes with other peoples money. It's a scam to get votes by telling people us Dimocrats are going to pay your healthcare costs so you can keep buying McMansions, new cars and grand vacations on your fucking credit card.

Now, I don't know about you but I'm not inclined to pay more because my neighbor borrowed a fuck ton of money, got sick, and then had to file bankruptcy because he owed to much fucking money and couldn't pay the doctors. Just so he can keep his fucking boat.

Now there is a dose of reality for ya. Do what you want with it.
Sorry but you can't dismiss the affects the old way had on hard working and productive Americans. I have seen first hand what happens to the uninsured. No they were not already in debt and no there wasn't a silver lining for them. On top of that, this person lost their life due to the substandard care given to the uninsured under the old way. Just enough care to get through the event and then good luck.

We can and should do better. I don't hear any outcry from people about how much the Congress pays themselves, how their healthcare differs from the rest and how the rape every bill that goes through Congress.

Those are some of the things we should really be pissed about.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A "tax break" by definition lets someone keep more of what they earned. Giving someone a tax break does not necessarily mean that some other tax payer has to pay more. The government could just make do with less, right?
This is not a hypothetical situation, this is reality. The reality is no.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but you can't dismiss the affects the old way had on hard working and productive Americans. I have seen first hand what happens to the uninsured. No they were not already in debt and no there wasn't a silver lining for them. On top of that, this person lost their life due to the substandard care given to the uninsured under the old way. Just enough care to get through the event and then good luck.

We can and should do better. I don't hear any outcry from people about how much the Congress pays themselves, how their healthcare differs from the rest and how the rape every bill that goes through Congress.

WORD
FUCKING SHEEPERS!

I BAM

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1. Bullshit. While people with little debt do in fact have medical crisis that causes bankruptcy(I did) it is in fact a small group relative to the population. That's why I say "the vast majority" have debt. The folks in that position are hardly a National crisis. And frankly, while it was a very hard time, I lived through it just fine. I feel for anyone going through those times but I'm afraid life is like that. No Utopian dream can change it. The illness or injury is likely much harder to deal with than the financial aspect. It was(is) for me.

2. If you don't hear any outcry from people about how much Congress pays themselves, you don't listen much. At the moment you're discussing healthcare. Congress' paychecks are a different subject. So, on healthcare, Congresscritters should be using the same as the rest of the population. Their freebies should be taken away too. But, I'm not falling for you building a strawman to attack(congresscritters) when the subject is the Nation's healthcare.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't confuse upper middle class with the top few percentile. Trump hasn't paid taxes in years upon years.
Ohh I figure he has paid some taxes but a vastly smaller percentage of his income than most of us pay.

Our Republican Governor that won by 84 votes refuses t release his tax returns as well. His demoncratic opponent released his though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most wealthy do not pay a lower rate I pay 20 percent. On average rich pay 25 to 27 percent

The Hedge fund traders on wall street that make millions pay a smaller percentage than most of us do.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Bullshit. While people with little debt do in fact have medical crisis that causes bankruptcy(I did) it is in fact a small group relative to the population. That's why I say "the vast majority" have debt. The folks in that position are hardly a National crisis. And frankly, while it was a very hard time, I lived through it just fine. I feel for anyone going through those times but I'm afraid life is like that. No Utopian dream can change it. The illness or injury is likely much harder to deal with than the financial aspect. It was(is) for me.

2. If you don't hear any outcry from people about how much Congress pays themselves, you don't listen much. At the moment you're discussing healthcare. Congress' paychecks are a different subject. So, on healthcare, Congresscritters should be using the same as the rest of the population. Their freebies should be taken away too. But, I'm not falling for you building a strawman to attack(congresscritters) when the subject is the Nation's healthcare.
congress should be required to have the same healthcare they vote for everyone else.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

2. If you don't hear any outcry from people about how much Congress pays themselves, you don't listen much. At the moment you're discussing healthcare. Congress' paychecks are a different subject. So, on healthcare, Congresscritters should be using the same as the rest of the population. Their freebies should be taken away too.

Where do you draw your conclusions as to the percentage of Americans facing health crisis and debt. Can you back up what you are claiming specifically? Who determines what debt line to draw here? And who are you to speak for everyone in regard to the impact it can have on someone's life? Good for you on getting through it, not everyone is so lucky. What about the families affected? Just trivial things.

You may hear a rumble now and then on congressional salaries and Healthcare but it is quickly drowned out by the sounds of bullshit taking focus away from these real problems.

I have had full health insurance since I was 23 years old. I have been lucky to have it all these years. Nowadays companies off little to no coverage and Obama care has failed to help with that. I still feel the solution is to fix what is broken and not start over with a system that will surely present a whole new set of problems.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree for long term investments. But day trading is just gambling and causes instability and inflated values.
a market w/o daytraders would be a very illiquid market. those day/swing traders swap millions of shares a day......without them a fund mgr would have to broker a deal to sell his shares with another broker........who may be out of the office golfing or snorting coke.

the stock market has also allowed many to be self employed,, they get paid what they are worth literally.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes you pseak o
a market w/o daytraders would be a very illiquid market. those day/swing traders swap millions of shares a day......without them a fund mgr would have to broker a deal to sell his shares with another broker........who may be out of the office golfing or snorting coke.

the stock market has also allowed many to be self employed,, they get paid what they are worth literally.
f daytrading/gambling vs actual investing in a corporation.
Short view vs longer view.

We used to have higher taxes on the short term profits but they went away....
Not too many years later we had the Great Recession and are setting up for another one.
Longer term investing promotes more accurate stock values and less chance of a flop.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes you pseak o

f daytrading/gambling vs actual investing in a corporation.
Short view vs longer view.

We used to have higher taxes on the short term profits but they went away....
Not too many years later we had the Great Recession and are setting up for another one.
Longer term investing promotes more accurate stock values and less chance of a flop.
lol,,,, valuations.......lol,,,,,have you seen the prices a dump in california can get?..

we dont need higher taxes on daytraders. taxes are not the solutions==they actually lead to more promises/debts...........stop spending is the first part of the diet that needs to be used.

i was very opposed to Obama,,,,,,,so i did my part to not support him........i traded in my IRA. so that is nearly 8 years of taxes he didn't get from my daytrading account. he got a little,, but not much and only so i would have something to file.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol,,,, valuations.......lol,,,,,have you seen the prices a dump in california can get?.. we dont need higher taxes on daytraders. taxes are not the solutions==they actually lead to more promises/debts...........stop spending is the first part of the diet that needs to be used.

i was very opposed to Obama,,,,,,,so i did my part to not support him........i traded in my IRA. so that is nearly 8 years of taxes he didn't get from my daytrading account. he got a little,, but not much and only so i would have something to file.

So short sighted to understand...
next recession watch your IRA....

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do you draw your conclusions as to the percentage of Americans facing health crisis and debt.

Years of reading about it. Rather than rewriting a very well and thorough common topic or giving you a single source since there are litterally thousands on the subject, I'll start a google search for you. Household debt crisis: https://www.google.com/search?q=household+debt+crisis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Can you back up what you are claiming specifically?

Of course I can. Read some of the articles.

Who determines what debt line to draw here?

You have to read financial news. Your political news of choice are REALLY bad at math. I never gauge a subject by political banter. I prefer to read financial news. Anyway, the analysis is out there, you just have to get it sans political banter. Start with the search I linked.

And who are you to speak for everyone in regard to the impact it can have on someone's life?

Sorry. I'm not a Utopian. Never will be. Most people have hardships of one kind or another. I suppose some are weaker than others and don't handle it well. But that's an even smaller percent of the population and while it's a personal crisis for them, it's hardly a National crisis.

I still feel the solution is to fix what is broken and not start over with a system that will surely present a whole new set of problems.

LOL. That's what the loony liberals keep saying. That's how we got in this healthcare mess. You think liberals can fix the shit they fucked up to begin with? Keep fixing the fix? :crazy:

7bddf14867f3cb9ae622b5d5d8cc72c8.jpg

Last edited:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Years of reading about it. Rather than rewriting a very well and thorough common topic or giving you a single source since there are litterally thousands on the subject, I'll start a google search for you. Household debt crisis: https://www.google.com/search?q=household+debt+crisis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Of course I can. Read some of the articles.

You have to read financial news. Your political news of choice are REALLY bad at math. I never gauge a subject by political banter. I prefer to read financial news. Anyway, the analysis is out there, you just have to get it sans political banter. Start with the search I linked.

Sorry. I'm not a Utopian. Never will be. Most people have hardships of one kind or another. I suppose some are weaker than others and don't handle it well. But that's an even smaller percent of the population and while it's a personal crisis for them, it's hardly a National crisis.

LOL. That's what the loony liberals keep saying. That's how we got in this healthcare mess. You think liberals can fix the shit they fucked up to begin with? Keep fixing the fix? :crazy:

7bddf14867f3cb9ae622b5d5d8cc72c8.jpg

You were referring to before the healthcare act. Where is the data from that time that shows most people would be bankrupt in a major illness due to debt? That was your claim.

I don't expect utopia either. A little compassion and respect for the lives of others is all.

And the reference to Looney liberals is laughable. This is not a conservative vs liberal stance. It's right vs wrong vs who cares. Not party dependent at all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump supports Vets or does he?
Under current policies, the Individual Unemployability program allows VA to award payouts at the 100-percent disabled rate to veterans who cannot find work due to service-connected injuries, even if they are not deemed 100-percent disabled. The number of program recipients has tripled since 2000, reaching almost 339,000 in fiscal 2016.

Trump has proposed stopping those payouts once veterans are eligible for Social Security retirement benefits, arguing the practice now amounts to “the duplication of benefits.” It would impact more than 225,000 veterans receiving the payouts today.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You were referring to before the healthcare act. Where is the data from that time that shows most people would be bankrupt in a major illness due to debt? That was your claim.

I don't expect utopia either. A little compassion and respect for the lives of others is all.

And the reference to Looney liberals is laughable. This is not a conservative vs liberal stance. It's right vs wrong vs who cares. Not party dependent at all.

What's with you and all the compassion for everyone?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you see the page numbers on the bottom of the google page? Click the next button down there to find older articles. At the top of the page, it says "About 1,070,000 results". I started the search for you, I don't have the time nor inclination to spoon feed you data.

Compassion and respect for the lives of others is one thing and fine and dandy. I have it for those I know. But, your friends experience does not necessitate a National Crisis. How nice would it be if the government could solve every living person's problems? Utopian?

It is the loony liberals that propose to "fix" the problems of Obamacare. That is what the Dims keep saying. Don't repeal, just fix it. It certainly is a liberal stance. And a loony one at that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is the loony liberals that propose to "fix" the problems of Obamacare. That is what the Dims keep saying. Don't repeal, just fix it. It certainly is a liberal stance. And a loony one at that.

LOL seems like that is the Republicans stance as well. Not heard the repeal word much at all since the election...
Wonder why that is?

the Plan seems to be to swap Trumpcare for Obamacare.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They might want to get re-elected too.
The majority of people in the US are for Obamacare according to what I read.

That's horseshit.

7 years of polls were below 50%. The new recent polls by the same pollsters changed their polling sample to poll a higher percentage of Democrats and barley got over 50%. They show their poll sample percentages in the fine print.

And remember, the polls said Hitlery would win the election. But again, they oversampled Democrats and my word were they shocked to find the polls were wrong, lol.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pffffft. That's easy. There are lots of loony liberal Republicans. Have been for a long time.
My guess is anyone who doesn't agree with you is a Looney. Nobody that knows me would describe me as a liberal. You should refrain from name calling, it never helps anyone make their point.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My guess is anyone who doesn't agree with you is a Looney. Nobody that knows me would describe me as a liberal. You should refrain from name calling, it never helps anyone make their point.
That's cause you hang with other looney liberals

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is losing what little sanity he has left to lose,
'
Trump tweets shocking assault on Brzezinski, Scarborough

Trump claimed that Scarborough and Brzezinski courted him for an interview at Mar-a-Lago around the New Year's Eve holiday.

"She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!" the president wrote.

He actually said yes, according to accounts of their meeting. Trump, Scarborough and Brzezinski mingled with guests and had a private chat.

For the record, photos from Mar-a-Lago do not show any blood or bandages on Brzezinski's face.

Stunned commenters on social media noted that Trump targeted both hosts with his barbed tweets, but only opined on the physical appearance of the woman involved.

Very presidential and being defended by Fox.

'

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What ? Anti - Jesusetic? Now your making up words. Ha ha !

Sure others do it why can't I?
Words others invented such as libtard, Obamacare, Hitlery, etc....

And why are Jews the only one with a word specific to those not liking their religion?
Semetic people are all of the Arabic tribes people.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure others do it why can't I?
Words others invented such as libtard, Obamacare, Hitlery, etc....

And why are Jews the only one with a word specific to those not liking their religion?
Semetic people are all of the Arabic tribes people.

Oy! Enough already !

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oy?

Ahh googled it. Yiddish in origin.

Just askin a question.
But then most religions frown on asking questions.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Um, please quote where I called you a loony liberal.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oy! Enough already !

I'm beginning to think Bobbi may have been an alter boy for an alter boy loving Priest at some point in his life.

He just can't seem to let it go. Something caused that grudge he's packing. :sneaka:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors