arabs against ARABS?
MONEY MONEY MONEY
MONEY sing it!

I BAM

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost forgot about that bomb that exploded in AFGHANISTAN ...

I BAM

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost forgot about that bomb that exploded in AFGHANISTAN ...

I BAM
I wonder if that really was a truck bomb and not a bomb that hit a truck. Taliban said they didn't do it and they are not in the habit of denying massive, spectacular attacks. I$I$ has a presence in Afghanistan but enough inside influence to summgle a bomb into the green zone? I doubt it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damned liberal judges....

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A federal judge has thrown out much of Kentucky's ethics law regulating contact between legislators and lobbyists.

U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman said Kentucky's law banning lawmakers from accepting gifts or "anything of value" from lobbyists was too vague. He also ruled it was OK for lobbyists to donate to politicians' campaigns and to raise money for them.

Kentucky's ethics law is widely considered to be one of the toughest in the nation. It was put in place in the 1990s following an FBI investigation that resulted in about a dozen lawmakers convicted of taking bribes to pass legislation that benefited the horse industry.

Republican Sen. John Schickel, who brought the lawsuit, called it a victory for free speech. Ethics officials worried the order could have unintended consequences.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if that really was a truck bomb and not a bomb that hit a truck. Taliban said they didn't do it and they are not in the habit of denying massive, spectacular attacks. I$I$ has a presence in Afghanistan but enough inside influence to summgle a bomb into the green zone? I doubt it.

Russians?
They seem to be intent on further destabilizing the Middle East.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A federal judge has thrown out much of Kentucky's ethics law regulating contact between legislators and lobbyists.

U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman said Kentucky's law banning lawmakers from accepting gifts or "anything of value" from lobbyists was too vague. He also ruled it was OK for lobbyists to donate to politicians' campaigns and to raise money for them.

Kentucky's ethics law is widely considered to be one of the toughest in the nation. It was put in place in the 1990s following an FBI investigation that resulted in about a dozen lawmakers convicted of taking bribes to pass legislation that benefited the horse industry.

Republican Sen. John Schickel, who brought the lawsuit, called it a victory for free speech. Ethics officials worried the order could have unintended consequences.

Consequences? Absolutely. "Victory for free speech" unintended consequences? My ass. :mad: :finger:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I would blame this on liberals or conservatives. They are all using this kind of behavior as a facade to their corruption. We need a ban on lobbying altogether.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would blame this on liberals or conservatives. They are all using this kind of behavior as a facade to their corruption. We need a ban on lobbying altogether.
Just ban ALL PAID lobbyists.
And require recordings of ALL meetings with Congressional Representatives.
which can be retrieved by the proper authorities in an investigation.
Unrecorded meetings are grounds for immediate impeachment.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iran's official IRNA news agency is reporting that the country's Aseman Airlines has finalized a deal to purchase 60 planes from the American company Boeing.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_or2p6zNhTX1thadqso1_1280.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coal is NOT back and nothing Trump can do will bring it back.
Drill baby Frakin Drill generated too much cheaper natural gas and electric companies like it better than coil.
A quick spin up time for on demand electricity needs and cheaper plants and virtually no ash to get rid of.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Coal is NOT back and nothing Trump can do will bring it back.
Drill baby Frakin Drill generated too much cheaper natural gas and electric companies like it better than coil.
A quick spin up time for on demand electricity needs and cheaper plants and virtually no ash to get rid of.
You're right, NatGas is ideal if you have to compensate for the unpredictable availability of solar and wind power on the grid.

But it's very wasteful and expensive for generating base-load power; in many parts of the country coal costs half or less what NatGas does on a per-BTU basis.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right, NatGas is ideal if you have to compensate for the unpredictable availability of solar and wind power on the grid.

But it's very wasteful and expensive for generating base-load power; in many parts of the country coal costs half or less what NatGas does on a per-BTU basis.
Wind and solar aside plants go on and off the grid all day long as the demand fluctuates.
Gas plants can be spun up quickly and are much cheaper to build than coal plants.

Umm it depends on the price of nat gas. Nat gas has gone up in recent months which will swing things back a bit towards coal for a while at least.

Good article.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=28832

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Wind and solar aside plants go on and off the grid all day long as the demand cloud cover and wind fluctuates.
Fixed that for you

Gas plants can be spun up quickly and are much cheaper to build than coal plants.
Agreed, they do spin up and down quickly, and they are cheaper to build than new coal plants, but a new gas plant is certainly not cheaper than an existing coal plant, quite a few of which have been shuttered.

As for fuel cost, it varies much by region. Powder River Basin coal, at less than $11.50 per ton, works out to about $1.50 per million BTU, while NatGas costs $3.50.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fixed that for you

Agreed, they do spin up and down quickly, and they are cheaper to build than new coal plants, but a new gas plant is certainly not cheaper than an existing coal plant, quite a few of which have been shuttered.

As for fuel cost, it varies much by region. Powder River Basin coal, at less than $11.50 per ton, works out to about $1.50 per million BTU, while NatGas costs $3.50.
True for now but if you look at the charts in my link they were running really close on fuel costs.
Eastern KY will not mine coal for 11.50/ton.
Then you must figure in transport costs for coal as well.
And costs to dispose of the ash.

Edit: The average delivered price of coal to electric utilities was $27.30 per ton for KY coal in 2004....
http://www.coaleducation.org/ky_coal_facts/economy/coal_prices.htm

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's fun watching Trump come unhinged. I don't think he's having fun anymore. He's playing in the major leagues now and he's just keep getting hammered.

I don't think he's gonna quit (or get removed from office) during his term. But I highly doubt he will run for a 2nd term.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm I hope you are including Fox in Mainstream media because their viewer numbers prove it.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The left has gone violent . How will this be reported ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's fun watching Trump come unhinged. I don't think he's having fun anymore. He's playing in the major leagues now and he's just keep getting hammered.

I don't think he's gonna quit (or get removed from office) during his term. But I highly doubt he will run for a 2nd term.

2018!

I BAM

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump has technically been campaigning for another term.
Most of his public speaking engagements are legally campaign events.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fuck you QATAR
HERE BUY THIS

I BAM
Trump: Hey Qatar, you've lost trading rights with 8 of your closest neighbors?

Qatar: Yeah, those countries stop trading with us because we supposedly support terrorists.

Trump: Well maybe you can spend all that money with the US.

Qatar: Sure, what do you got?

Trump: American made military hardware. JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We never learn. Those we fight today we once got involved in illegal drug trade to provide them weapons and called them freedom fighters for fighting the evil Russians....
We still have over 8,000 troops in Afghanistan and Trump just approved more troops.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump: Hey Qatar, you've lost trading rights with 8 of your closest neighbors?

Qatar: Yeah, those countries stop trading with us because we supposedly support terrorists.

Trump: Well maybe you can spend all that money with the US.

Qatar: Sure, what do you got?

Trump: American made military hardware. JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!

Hahahahaha

I BAM

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck you QATAR
HERE BUY THIS

I BAM

Quite possibly the most evil ruling body in the world is the Saudi Royal family. Followed closely by their cousins in Bahrain and the UAE. I'll be happy when all the bullying of other nations and supporting of terrorist finally blows up in their faces. When those chickens come home to roost, it's not gonna be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors