Become a Patron!

Government Has pulled a sneek attack and you have not caught it.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now all restaurants like Pizza Hut for example has to remove all preservatives and (artificial flavors) from sales of foods. Pizza Hut is now working hard to meet the dead line. Question is what happens when restaurants and food industry is no longer dependent on using flavors. Personally I think they will make there move and ban flavorings.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I do get your point, I rather think that artificial flavors will not be completely banned.

Possibly some of them will due to one or two ingredients in them but not all.

Even the asshats behind banning things take a good look at how these bans effect the economy so they will ban a select few to look like they are doing their jobs of being our elected nannies and ignore the rest.

But you do make a damn good point though:D

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While I do get your point, I rather think that artificial flavors will not be completely banned.

Possibly some of them will due to one or two ingredients in them but not all.

Even the asshats behind banning things take a good look at how these bans effect the economy so they will ban a select few to look like they are doing their jobs of being our elected nannies and ignore the rest.

But you do make a damn good point though:D
To me it seems like they are rushing and i know the gov. has lost billions in tax dollars over the loss of sale of ciggs so I think they are getting desperate and will do anything they can as fast as they can. I know they have had intrusts in preservatives over the years but never ever have I herd anything about flavorings until ecigs got popular.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Remove artificial flavors and 9/10th of the processed food products on the market would vanish. The government ain't got the power to do that, they'd be replaced rather quickly...
I agree but with the restaurants out if the way you won't have near as many complaints. Actually I have not herd Pizza hut or Kfc. complain a bit they are just cooperating. Now we have the candy companies they will be the hardest hit but yet not a peep from them hmmm. I know there will be a lot of candies I will miss.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it a govt push or is it just the chains conforming to customer demands? This article makes it sound like it's the latter http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...p-artificial-colors-flavors-article-1.2235831 though I do realize that it could be the govt and it's all being kept quiet. If it should ever become across the board, I think it'll be a long transition because too many prepackaged foods have artificial flavorings.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it a govt push or is it just the chains conforming to customer demands? This article makes it sound like it's the latter http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...p-artificial-colors-flavors-article-1.2235831 though I do realize that it could be the govt and it's all being kept quiet. If it should ever become across the board, I think it'll be a long transition because too many prepackaged foods have artificial flavorings.
Personally I think it is going to happen fast as it has already. It has only been a couple weeks and the major franchises have said they will meet the demands and deadlines. As far as people complaining about flavorings I have never herd this one.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good lord what's this world coming to banning food flavorings? Why for tobacco lobbyists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Artificial flavorings defines American food industries. Maybe flavorings with dyes, or know baddies. What would the soda pop/candy etc industry do? Go out of business, I don't think so.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Remove artificial flavors and 9/10th of the processed food products on the market would vanish. The government ain't got the power to do that, they'd be replaced rather quickly...
Well I would of thought the same thing a few years back but with the way Obama makes his own rules and laws with out congress amazes me. Look at what they did with the school lunch programs which turned out to be a disgrace.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its a good thing in the resturant buisness. This reminds me of the banning of the red tinted lights that were hidden from view but were installed in most of the supermarket chains to make red meat look good.....even when it was turning brown.

Its not going to happen with candy and drinks I wouldnt think. I guess we will see.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I would of thought the same thing a few years back but with the way Obama makes his own rules and laws with out congress amazes me. Look at what they did with the school lunch programs which turned out to be a disgrace.
The stupid thing about the lunch programs is that my generation and the one after that ate veggies, grains, meats, and fats, better than the govt' triangle since our old school mums and dads were packing our lunches, with of all things, Season Vegetables!! Imagine that! No Velveeta sandwiches.

Parents need to step up and get this stuff done, screw the gov't programs. Only poor health and obesity came from their standards.

VU Sponsors