Gottlieb Resigns

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Bookbear, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Bookbear

Bookbear Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Food and Drug Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, who used his post to propose heavy restrictions on vaping, resigned today (3/5), effective in about a month. The resignation was not sought by the White House. A senior White House official said Gottlieb had spoken to President Trump, who liked the FDA chief and did not want him to leave. While Gottlieb had some policy disagreements with the White House, he is well respected, and could even be invited back to another post. Gottlieb declined to comment on that possibility. The resignation took some senior FDA officials by surprise, and came as Gottlieb’s signature issue – youth vaping – is being reviewed by the White House Office of Management and Budget. The plan, detailed by Gottlieb last fall, would sharply restrict the sale of flavored e-cigarettes to curb a surge in underage vaping, which he argues could lead to a whole new generation addicted to nicotine. His plan had been criticized by some anti-tobacco activists as being too weak and by e-cigarette supporters as being too aggressive. Some libertarians and conservatives recently complained his approach represented 'regulatory panic' and went against Trump's anti-regulatory agenda. The initiative was also opposed by Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina who late last year put a hold on FDA legislation to flag his concerns over Gottlieb’s proposed menthol ban.

DonBaldy likes this.
  2. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  3. Cosmic

Cosmic Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm. I keep remembering the old saying "Better the Devil you know than the one you don't"

CaFF and The Cromwell like this.
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep, I recall Grimm Green and others thinking that Gottleib would be good for vaping....

inspects likes this.
  5. VAPEROXX

VAPEROXX Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Thank God! I wrote a college writing essay over that moron, outlining his fear-mongering with the American people versus scientific fact. My professor sided with me citing too many nonscientific fallacies in Dr. Gottlieb's arguments. Which as a man with a doctorate, such as Dr. Gottlieb, he should very well know better. And yes, I'm in college at 42 years old lol!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

6. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    thye are getting big tobacco money. if they were getting big vape money, guess what they would say.

7. Cosmic

Cosmic Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Could be Gottlieb doesn't want his name associated with what's coming.

CaFF likes this.
  8. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The FDA position is getting in his way of making money and spending time with his family.

9. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Cheer Up: he'll be "invited back" with more money and power and fuck us some more - without the juice.

10. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    dont forget now they can bring in a whole new devil who makes it worse so we fall back to what they really wanted which was Gottlieb kept pushing. this is a basic tacit of diversion resign from one job to get offered a newer high authority job

2WhiteWolves likes this.
  11. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    All just fake news anyway.

Grandpa and inspects like this.