Become a Patron!

got my first dripper need a little advice please

p.wagon07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi folks!!! i took the plunge and got my first dripper...(wife said go big or go home she bought 4 for herself lol)
so i got a plum veil i think its a clone but for my first dripper i'll be happy if i can get it to do a decent vape. i'm running it on my sigelei mini i got a 0.6 ohm dual 6 wrap coils. but it seems to be producing less vapor than my subtank oh im also running it at 24.5 watts. i'm gonna be getting a stronger mod later if i can the hang of this dripping stuff. i have tried my wifes stillaire v3 and it seems to perform alot better with the exact same coil setup. is there any special trick the plum veil's?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got pics of how you've got those coils wrapped and wicked? I've got a few Plume Veil clones - all produce better vapor than my Subtank or Arctic, plus way more flavor...

You're going to need more power, though - I'd start with at least 40 watts. Personally I'm usually in the 50-60 range, and I run my Subtank at 26-28...

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Dave. I use my drippers at 50-60 watts also. 24.5 is probably just barely firing them

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely seems like 70'ish watts, a single 18650 and a dual coil rda go together really well.

p.wagon07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got pics of how you've got those coils wrapped and wicked? I've got a few Plume Veil clones - all produce better vapor than my Subtank or Arctic, plus way more flavor...

You're going to need more power, though - I'd start with at least 40 watts. Personally I'm usually in the 50-60 range, and I run my Subtank at 26-28...
i have tried several times to get pics but my phone is a pos. i have been trying different wraps an 26-30 gauge kanthal but im limited to 30 watts due to my current mods i have a sigelei mini an aspire esp and an istick 30w. i have been considering getting the innokin disruptor due to it going to 50 watts i don't want to deal with replaceable batteries like my sigelei. too many fakes and bad batteries out there. i'm also limited to cost as well.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have tried several times to get pics but my phone is a pos. i have been trying different wraps an 26-30 gauge kanthal but im limited to 30 watts due to my current mods i have a sigelei mini an aspire esp and an istick 30w. i have been considering getting the innokin disruptor due to it going to 50 watts i don't want to deal with replaceable batteries like my sigelei. too many fakes and bad batteries out there. i'm also limited to cost as well.
Okay, first off you're going to want to use 24-26 gauge wire to appreciate the Plume Veil, in my experience - I have other RDAs that I use 22 and even 20 on, but that's going to be overkill for the Plume's small dome.

Second, you're going to want to push beyond 30 for the wattage - 50 may do it, but I find my builds come to life between 45-65 watts, so you might want to look a little beyond a 50-watt ceiling if you really want to get into dripping.

As far as using 18650 batteries versus mods with self-contained li-po units, I'm a big 18650 proponent - if the battery dies, you get a new one for $5-6 or a pair for $10-12, rather than chucking your mod. You can also have a backup pair (I have 3 pairs in rotation for my Sig 100) so you never run out of juice. Some trusted sites for dirt-cheap and trusted legit batteries (I only recommend Samsung, LG, and Sony) are lightningvapes.com and liionwholesale.com - you won't go wrong either way, and legit top-tier batteries can be had, remarkably, cheaper than fake cells like Efest, MXJO, Imren, or any of the other re-wrappers who take "seconds" (also known as "batteries that didn't pass quality control at the manufacturer"), slap some fake specs on and try to sell for a higher cost than the superior product.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do your research and you wont get fake batteries, and plenty of bad ass mods out there in the price range of the disruptor. Don't let the batteries decide the mod you want:) Also could have a lot to do with that cloner plum, buddy of mine had one and the air holes were about the size of a pin and this will cause your vape to be nothing less than a horrible experience:(

Get some pics up for us to see!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For cost - what's your budget? If you want to cheap out and stay safe, I'd go for an iStick 100 at about $35, a Nitecore i2 charger for about $15, and a pair of Samsung 25r or LG HE2 or HE4 batteries for another 15 or so, tops...$65 and you've got a solid setup to push more power than you're going to need. Just pull those batteries to charge them, or if you insist on cheaping out even further and not buying a charger, watch that iStick like a hawk and make sure it's not getting warm if you charge via USB.

p.wagon07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the plum veil i got has decent air flow the holes are good sized and have alot better flow than my subtank when it's wide open. i did new coils using 26 gauge kanthal with 7 wraps and got 0.4 ohms and running it on my sigelei mini at 30 watts is doing pretty well. i'm using 50/50 juice and it seems pretty good vapor and taste is alot better than my subtank (couldnt imagine goin back to my kayfun now.) my budget is less than 50 bux and i can get the disruptor for 30 bux shipped thats why i was considering it. i'm trying to find a good strong mod that i will have for a while my sigelei mini is only about 4 months old and the firing button is now a brass color and it gets stuck sometimes inside the body so i'm not very impressed by sigelei now. i have been vaping for just over a year now and love it but i'm still learning and hoping i'm not getting carried away like i have seen some guys i know have done. i appreciate the help guys any and all opinions and info makes a difference.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you quit smoking to vape no such thing as getting carried away, I love paying to save my life:)

vapour_lounge

Member For 4 Years
Wow i feel like i vape at a really high wattage after reading this lol unless im on a mec mod my go to build reads arounf the 0.3 mark n i use 60 to 90 wats deppending ..
But youll soon notice that when dripping youll need a lot more watts than a tank also make sure your cotton is nice n fluffly and not tight as dry hits a worde on a drippa lol and i also feel that high vg juice can handle the hear more n dont tast like crap at higher watts but thats just me everyone is diffrent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors