Become a Patron!

Got an ohm reader

Got an ohm reader from amazon and I threw my rda on it and its giving me a reading of 5.45 for some reason which obviously not right. I have a single coil 5 wraps around a 2.4mm screwdriver so it should be around .7 ohms... HELP

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
try a known coil, like a kanger .5 subtank coil. Should read .5 or .54., possibly .6.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's no reason to use third party sites like eBay or amazon for anything vape related. Too many known, trusted vape gear vendors with competitive prices.

As to your problem, do you have a multimeter or a variable power mod?

There's no reason to use third party sites like eBay or amazon for anything vape related. Too many known, trusted vape gear vendors with competitive prices.

As to your problem, do you have a multimeter or a variable power mod?

All I have is this ohm reader. The reason I got it was because it was pretty cheap. Could you possibly link me to a vape store that has an ohm reader for quite cheap.

Thanks,
Ryan

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I have is this ohm reader. The reason I got it was because it was pretty cheap. Could you possibly link me to a vape store that has an ohm reader for quite cheap.

Thanks,
Ryan
There are things I'll cheap out on and things I won't...items that can affect my safety, like batteries, chargers, and meters fall into the latter category.

Lightningvapes.com has a decent ohm meter for around $15, I've had it a while and it hasn't gone all wonky like my FT one did after a couple months. There's another site (someone will chime in soon I'll bet) with some super nice, really expensive options - even though they're not cheap, if my current meter ever dies that's where I'll be buying from next.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're ordering online, buy the one from usa ohm meters. They read to the thousandth of an ohm where most only read to the hundredth.

Ohm meters and batteries are items which you really shouldn't cheap out on.

VU Sponsors