Become a Patron!

Got a Smoant Charon TS 218 on order....

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to run screaming away from touch screen MODs, but after watching every review on
YouTube, decided to get one from ElementVapes.com.
Being a fairly new company, they have to work extra hard to get the attention from the big
guys, and looks like they are on to something.
I know it probably doesnt really do 218W, but i will never vape that high anyway.
Anyway, I will find out for myself soon enough.

Here's what they look like in case you havent seen it:

smoant charon.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Elementvape has been around for quite awhile, great company, with good prices.....:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh you mean Smoant...:teehee:...indeed fairly new. Haven't heard many complaints. The Battlestar is a damn good mod too.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The reviews for this thing I have seen are consistent ... like, everyone mentions that it's a bit under-powered, so it it's
like 20f lower then what you set it for.. but it's consistently low, so just set your temp 20f higher if you notice a difference.
Also, Smoant doesnt say anything at all about being able to update the firmware... I dont care, I am in love with this thing
and excitted about getting it... I ordered a silver one... I hate to wait... LOL :wait:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ïn Effects Setting, setting it on Max takes care of that for me
Ls5eBPC.jpg

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my Smoant Charon yesterday.
First thing I noticed taking it out of the box (besides the huge glass screen) was the weight..
This weighs more then it looks like it should, even with no batteries...

Second thing I noticed was the rattily fire button.. it just has too much play, and rattles like crazy.
I haven't yet had any trouble with it though.
I tried using TC.. put a coil on it but it read the wrong resistance. It was a .43ohm coil, it read .2
It also wouldn't fire.. but I know I did something wrong....

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Smoant Charon in silver, with Pharaoh RDA on top.. so far, only using power mode with this single
(BIG ASS alien coil) RDA...
This devise eats batteries BTW.....
And you will need to lock the screen, cuz it is so sensitive, you will accidently change the temp/watts...
There is a metal button over top of the fire button.. click to make screen go black, or hold in till u see
the little padlock icon between the battery indicators ....
The UI is awesome.. no 3 button navigation.. all touch screen.. and it's just as sensitive and responsive
as my iphone....

smoant charon.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe Smoant was formerly known as Cloupor, so they have rebranded themselves.
Wasn't aware of that, haven't seen too many mention it. Looked around a bit and not sure if it's a total rebrand or if smoant is just a sub brand like eleaf is to ijoy. A few articles mention them being a sub brand, cloupor's been around awhile. Seems smoant didn't just spring up out of nowhere at least.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a Smoant Charon owners thread and been putting my experiences over there.
I am annoyed by the stupid fire button.. it rattles, and if I don't press it right, it wont fire, though
it has only happened twice so far, still annoying.
Also, when I changed batteries, it was ready to fire, I had also removed the RDA and put it back
on.. when in VW mode, it doesn't ask if you have a new coil..
Anyway, with the fresh batteries installed, the watts reading changed from where I put it, 58W
to 135W.... don't know why it did that....
I will be going back to trying TC, just want to use a different RDA for that....
My first attempt at TC, it would fire at all.. but I think that was 'user error'... lol

VU Sponsors