Become a Patron!

Got a goblin mini to see the hype-any tips?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, today the postie came, with two items-one curved glass and metal drip tip, and a goblin mini clone, seen here:

Velocity new drip tip:
HtT62B8l.jpg

Goblin mini:
Iq9sl8Sl.jpg

Now, It come with all parts of the original, so I set it up for single coil use, wicked it, and its bloody great!

So much flavour, and its easy on the juice in single coil mode.

I am using the standard drip tip-but will try the standard 510 adapter later and try a thinner drip tip to see how that works.

I've got wicking down-but just wondered if you had any tips to get maximum flavour out of the goblin mini? Like it has already got loads, I would say the most of all my tanks, but if its possible to make it even better, any tips would be great.

I will probably now get an original, and give the clone to Cheyenne to use.

So, any tips for the goblin mini would be great. I think I have wicking down right, as I took it out today, no leaks with a full tank, and no dry hits either.

Thanks everyone, Conan.

EDIT:Tried a different drip tip. That seemed to make it even better. Apart from another coil, not much I can think of. I want to keep it single coil though so its not a quick drinker due to the refilling method.

Last edited:

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i love my goblin mini but find it a PITA to wick properly. i use it at home only

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i love my goblin mini but find it a PITA to wick properly. i use it at home only
Really? I found wicking to be pretty straightforward-same as an orchid/kayfun, dont put any wick DOWN the juice channels, just let it rest on top-I took it out today in my pocket, no leaks at all, and wicking well.

I want to try duals-but it means refilling more doesn't it. Is it more flavoursome with dual coils? If it is, it might be worth the trade-I took a bottle of juice with me just incase, and my keyring phillips/flat head incase I needed to refill-but didn't. This is easier on the juice than all of my other tanks-and is so flavourful.

I still think the Crius is one of the best tanks-but its a borderline alcoholic. The crius has amazing flavour, but the goblin mini does top it.

If it had top fill-it would be my favourite tank. Anyone got the full sized goblin? How does it compare to the mini flavour wise? I may actually get a full size goblin as well-now I have well enough regulated mods and mechs, I am focusing more on toppers, flavours and enjoying vaping.

I will still be adding to the mod collection of course though :)

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had better luck then not cutting the wick at a 45% angle and putting the tip in the channel. still get seeping though.
I do like it better with dual coils, but it does go through a tank rather quickly

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok-definitely not liking it in TC. Dual coil TI. I preferred single coil kanthal-think once it is empty I will try dual kanthals, and then go back to a single coil Kanthal build.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use kanthal in tanks, save tc for rda's. I haven't used my goblin in awhile, gonna have to dig it back out.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love my goblin Mini, get a drip tip that has the flanged base so it doesnt come off. I usually build dual coils around .3Ohms and use Grimmgreens wicking method for it and havent had an issue yet. Its the best RTA Ive had so far and Im buying another for the wife shortly. It has a special place in my heart, right next to my Twisted Messes RDAs :p

20151108_210536.jpg20151103_085025.jpg

Maximumoverdrive

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love mine, outstanding flavor with dual TC Claptons 1.5mm id 6.5 wrap 28ga NiFe 52 core & 34ga Kanthal A1 wrap = .14Ω on a DNA-40 set to 350°F @ 40 watts. Per Wire wizard on steam engine actual temp is 430°F has instant ramp up & I've vaped 2 tanks bone dry. It has been flawless.DSC00360 (2).JPG DSC00361 (2).JPG DSC00364 (2).JPG

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Made a new build for my Goblin Mini! The only part is not having alot of workroom for decent sized coils...I almost got a 30g/46g Fused Claptons to fit but it would have touched the barrel of the chimney...So heres what I got for now, 26g/36g Streched Claptons. Decent vape @ 30w-50w for sure!
20151110_184353-jpg.33518
20151110_185631-jpg.33517
20151110_185623-jpg.33519

VU Sponsors