Become a Patron!

Goon V1.5 Authentic vs Clone

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could anyone tell me which one is authentic?
Just received these two and I know one of them is while the other is not.
a0a89b64a86b3a24406c8a1a578ae559.jpg

Ps. can't find any post about this.
Ace Vaper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a guess but I'd say the one on the left. That's a guess.

Don't drip and drive SQUONK
That was going to be my guess as well based on the larger gap between the posts (though that could just be deceiving because of the perspective/angle of the pic) until I saw that white o-ring for the drip tip in the top cap on the right... I am going to a local B&M today that supposedly only sells authentics and will have to check theirs out. I have a 25% off coupon for the store and was considering a goon 1.5 or maybe a no limit glok24.

edit: to be more clear, the one on the right I think is the clone because of the larger gap between posts and the white drip tip o ring

Last edited:

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was going to be my guess as well based on the larger gap between the posts (though that could just be deceiving because of the perspective/angle of the pic) until I saw that white o-ring for the drip tip in the top cap on the right... I am going to a local B&M today that supposedly only sells authentics and will have to check theirs out. I have a 25% off coupon for the store and was considering a goon 1.5 or maybe a no limit glok24.

edit: to be more clear, the one on the right I think is the clone because of the larger gap between posts and the white drip tip o ring

Thanks, I'll really appreciate it

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about which clone you have but: in the OG Goon, the 510 pin is copper while most clones have an SS pin

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about which clone you have but: in the OG Goon, the 510 pin is copper while most clones have an SS pin

Point noted, thanks
BTW, this authentic is the latest batch just came out

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
OK gimme a sec to dig a few things out. The biggest thing that will help you identify which is which is A. The font and B. The authentic should have a serial number on the bottom side of the deck where as none of my clones have one. Also generally speaking the tolerances are usually tighter on the authentic vs the clones. All my goons fit pretty tight even with juiced orings and the clones when juiced not so much. Another thing to look at is the clamps. Clones won't have the clamps chamfered or the chamfer wont be as pronounced as the authentic. Lemme go dig out my goons and I'll see if i can take photos to illustrate what I'm talking about.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 authetic goon 1.5's the deck on the left is authentic. like @Mykreign said about the screws. both mine look like that

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Left is clone, right is authentic. Another difference of note is there is more space in be tween the post/clamps on the authentic. Also the metal on the authentic feels thicker than the clone.

20170825_210052.jpg

VU Sponsors