Become a Patron!

Goon for a noob?

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to pick up a goon...been wanting one for a while now. There are different ones available between the original and 1.5. Which one should I go with as a new builder? I read a review that said the 1.5 had terrible flavor...little worried about that. I am also looking at the Apocalypse. Would that be better?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Goon and Goon 1.5 are VERY close in terms of building and air. Three large holes vs one long slot, steel posts and clamps vs brass... personally, I'd skip the Goon altogether in favor of... well, there are plenty to choose from... but if I HAD to have a Goon, as a noob, I'd go with the 1.5 because of the steel clamps. The brass clamps in the original had a tendency to break.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im a newb and i like the goon 1.5 but as for building i find the apocalypse easier..2 screws. Also heard the drugga is easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apocalypse and 1.5 side by side for ya...drugga getting bought monday
228acf2a5aba396c6f9f4cb657a15455.jpg
ff39d023ac2d98d498cafa3cd73cfea0.jpg

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im a newb and i like the goon 1.5 but as for building i find the apocalypse easier..2 screws. Also heard the drugga is easy

Yes the Druga is super easy! I have it. Think I will hold off on buying a goon for now. Not sure it's what I really want.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, im getting a drugga on monday

VU Sponsors