Become a Patron!

Good morning Vaping Underground

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground.

Not really a forum person, so feels odd posting an intro thing, but thought I'd try it out. Vaping backstory for me is that I smoked when young, quit for many years, and then when I went back into education grabbed a bar job to help myself get by. No surprises this led to a brief relapse into smoking, so thought I'd give vaping a try and found it infinitely better than any of the other nicotine replacement products I'd used in the past (patches were useless, lozenges helped me quit smoking but still led to the occasional one when out for drinks). Couple of years on and I actually thoroughly enjoy vaping.

Been thinking of dipping my toe into the mech world, and after 6 months or so of mooch blogposts (I lurked here for that time), vaping biker videos, etc., etc., I'm starting to feel confident that I won't do anything stupid with a mech! Also want to start making my own clapton builds (as in putting the wires together, not just wrapping prebuilt wire round a rod which I've done since I started) and maybe trying out DIY juice recipes, so have delved into the forum world. Also, mech wise, I'll be looking for second hand tubes, so thought the forums were preferable to and more trustworthy than ebay!!

Anyway, if you populate other forums, you'll probably see this exact same post pop up a few times in the coming week, but I swear, I'm not a bot!

All the best, Nathan

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome

:wave:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vu. The hardware thread is full of things to fancy. I'm sure everyone of us here has a tube or 5 they could sell.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vu. The hardware thread is full of things to fancy. I'm sure everyone of us here has a tube or 5 they could sell.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I did (rudely) contact someone here about availability on a shorty setup before posting my introduction, but decided to hold off before getting feedback from forum users rather than just relying on youtube reviews on the options I was looking at. Only hitch is that I'm UK based, and most folks here seem to be in North America. But for the right setup I'm willing to pay for international shipping and put up with the wait.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome! Props for doing your research first regarding safety and mechanicals. Mechs are great to get into the hobby aspect of vaping, and I personally think they give a vape regulated mods cannot, hard to explain it but to me it’s different, better. The beautiful simplicity of a single circuit metal tube system driven by raw battery power, heating a coil you built to give you that perfect vape.

As far as coils and DIY juice, very rewarding once you get it down. Claptons (fused) are fairly easy once you get set up, just need a drill, swivels and a vise or clamp. For the juice starting out I’d recommend finding a recipe here or elsewhere instead of experimenting at first, learn a few good flavors and their strengths and go from there. Hope you stick around, if you hit a snag or have questions feel free to ask!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Nathan :vino:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello Nathan, welcome to VU.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello and welcome..... We all begin somewhere in Vaping...... Look at me.... NOW I'm the proud owner of Manny Towers and Manny Vapes Customs....... And heading for the mountains......
bb4af2a99f67499bb00ae42a58972724.jpg
bfacbf6d7c708eabae963b35271eab2b.jpg
f4cdc81436a72def8278c95c32816a20.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Lots of folks here willing to help you on your coil building and DIY journey!

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
Thanks once again, guys, and apologies for the lateness of the thanks. Last week ended up being super busy, so didn't make the time to swing by.

VU Sponsors