Become a Patron!

Good Eats

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought we could use a thread to talk about what we're eating, our favorite foods, restaurants, etc., and share recipes. So, what's on your table?

Yesterday, I made a chocolate cake for my husband's birthday, using King Arthur's Flour Cake Pan Cake as a basis. Instead of a cup of water, I used a half cup of water and a half cup of Red Breast Irish whiskey. And I added a smidge of pomegranate molasses, and I used Hershey's Special Dark powdered chocolate. I used the updated method.

Cake Pan Cake
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa or natural cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vinegar, cider or white
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water

ICING
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup half & half

Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" square or 9" round pan that's at least 2" deep. If you don't have a 2"-deep pan in either of those sizes, use a 9" square pan.
  2. Traditional method: Measure all the dry ingredients into the prepared pan. Blend the ingredients together thoroughly with a fork or whisk and scoop out three holes, or indentations. Pour the vanilla into the first hole, the vinegar into the second, and the vegetable oil into the third. Take the cup of water and pour it directly over everything in the pan. Stir all the ingredients together with your fork until well blended.
  3. Updated method: Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the vanilla, vinegar, vegetable oil, and water in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
  4. Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
  5. Serve the cake right from the pan; warm from the oven, it's wonderful with a big glass of milk.
  6. Or, once cool, frost the cake with this simple chocolate frosting: Heat the chocolate chips with the half & half until the chips melt. Stir until smooth, and pour/spread over the cake. For a non-dairy icing, substitute 1/3 cup cold brewed coffee (or water) for the half & half.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last year for Easter, I attempted to make an Easter Bunny Bread recipe that I'd found.

What it was supposed to look like:

Easter-Bunny-Bread_exps14418_BOS2930251C11_28_1b_RMS.jpg

What it actually looked like:

12919797_1141549482536082_2989687765029666462_n.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was recently given a recepie for something called "Kentucky Jam Cake"....I would share it,but if I do a clan of kentucky hillfolk will spill out of appalachia hunt me down and nail my hide to their barn door.It took me only 25 years of friendship to a woman from Kentucky, to prove I was worthy of sharing the knowledge with.....and that was only because I have family from Kentucky.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was recently given a recepie for something called "Kentucky Jam Cake"....I would share it,but if I do a clan of kentucky hillfolk will spill out of appalachia hunt me down and nail my hide to their barn door.It took me only 25 years of friendship to a woman from Kentucky, to prove I was worthy of sharing the knowledge with.....and that was only because I have family from Kentucky.

Something like this?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

https://www.thespruce.com/3-layer-kentucky-jam-cake-3057867:D

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I tried to bake a Easter Braided Bread Loaf once.

Tasted great but it just looked like a misshapen lumpy mess O-Bread.

Damn, now where did I put my bread making machine?:(

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried to bake a Easter Braided Bread Loaf once.

Tasted great but it just looked like a misshapen lumpy mess O-Bread.

Damn, now where did I put my bread making machine?:(

I make a lot of bread these days, a couple of loaves a week. I usually use my bread machine for mix and rise, then shape and bake in the oven. I got an awesome baking steel for Christmas and it really makes a difference on bread and pizza crusts.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What I am really Jonesing for are some genuine German Hard Rolls.

The ones that really give your jaw muscles a workout.

The grocery stores have something by that name but they aren't the real deal.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What I am really Jonesing for are some genuine German Hard Rolls.

The ones that really give your jaw muscles a workout.

The grocery stores have something by that name but they aren't the real deal.

Do you mean brotchen? I have a recipe for them but I haven't made them yet. I should.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Do you mean brotchen? I have a recipe for them but I haven't made them yet. I should.

Never heard of them by that name but if you have a recipe for them, please share!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
cook up some Rotini Pasta noodles (I like slightly eldante)
finely chopped ground beef (As much as you like)
garlic powder and onion powder mixed in with the meat as it cooks..Some salt added. (add to taste)
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
2 cans of mushrooms or one big can
Mix all that up together then add parmasagn cheese then top it all with mozorella cheese and heat it up in the oven or microwave long enough to melt the cheese.

Then serve..Yummy

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
cook up some Rotini Pasta noodles (I like slightly eldante)
finely chopped ground beef (As much as you like)
garlic powder and onion powder mixed in with the meat as it cooks..Some salt added. (add to taste)
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
2 cans of mushrooms or one big can
Mix all that up together then add parmasagn cheese then top it all with mozorella cheese and heat it up in the oven or microwave long enough to melt the cheese.

Then serve..Yummy

That sounds good. I'm bummed that I can't use Rotel or green chilis anymore. :( The Dementor (mother-in-law) can't stand any sort of heat at all. I have to be very careful using black pepper when I season or she'll bitch about it. Even some ketchups are too hot for her. o_O

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That sounds good. I'm bummed that I can't use Rotel or green chilis anymore. :( The Dementor (mother-in-law) can't stand any sort of heat at all. I have to be very careful using black pepper when I season or she'll bitch about it. Even some ketchups are too hot for her. o_O

Sounds like a job for a heaping helping of Ghost Peppers!

Could solve all of your Ill's with one single bite:devil:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like a job for a heaping helping of Ghost Peppers!

Could solve all of your Ill's with one single bite:devil:

Man, if I could get away with it, I just might. :teehee: She normally eats anything I give her if I'm careful and says I'm a good cook. Tonight, though, she complained about the meat being too salty. Fortunately, it was pre-corned beef, I didn't add anything to it myself. :D

I can't say...they're watching.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When my son used to sometimes complain about what I served, I just said "Ok, don't eat it. Starve." :giggle: He got over most of his pickiness pretty quick. :giggle: Still won't eat broccoli though.

Andria

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Man, if I could get away with it, I just might. :teehee: She normally eats anything I give her if I'm careful and says I'm a good cook. Tonight, though, she complained about the meat being too salty. Fortunately, it was pre-corned beef, I didn't add anything to it myself. :D

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
get rid of the dementor......I grew up eating hot chile in New Mexico and married a woman who is half Indian....we would wither and die without garlic and chile. and cumin

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
sometimes I get the Rotel tomatoes with habanero peppers:eek:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
get rid of the dementor......I grew up eating hot chile in New Mexico and married a woman who is half Indian....we would wither and die without garlic and chile. and cumin

Wish I could but she's got no one else to take care of her, unfortunately. :(

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Loves me some curry. Curried scallops. Curried chicken. Curried beans. I can't make scrambled eggs without dashing in some curry powder. Yum.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I could but she's got no one else to take care of her, unfortunately. :(
If there is no medical reasoning behind the bitching then she can cook her own food. Or just cook her boiled chicken and steamed veg in one pot. I personally would do that and them throw it in a blender for a nice puree.

Or do what they do in prisons... make her loaf.

Fuck it I vote make her loaf and add no flavor what so ever to it.
The Recipe for Nutraloaf

Each meal contains 996 calories for a total of 2,988 calories per day.

INGREDIENTS:

• 6 slices Whole Wheat Bread, finely chopped
  • 4 ounces Non-dairy Cheese, finely grated
  • 4 ounces Raw Carrots, finely grated
  • 12 ounces Spinach, canned, drained
  • 4 ounces Seedless Raisins
  • 2 cups Great Northern Beans, cooked and drained
  • 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 6 ounces Tomato Paste
  • 8 ounces Milk, powdered, instant nonfat/skim
  • 6 ounces Potato Flakes, dehydrated
PREPARATION:

The above mixture will be divided into 3 loaves, providing 1 loaf per meal.

Mix all ingredients together in a 12-quart stainless steel mixing bowl. Make sure wet items are drained. Ingredients may be kneaded with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or mixed with a spoon. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Form loaf in glazed bread pan. It is suggested that the loaf pan be placed in the oven on a sheet pan containing water. This will help keep the bottom of the loaf from burning. Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. The loaf will start to pull away from the side of the bread pan when baking is completed.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Making my Lazy Deluxe Taco's tonight.

1 X Stand and stuff (the Taco Shells with the flat bottoms) Taco Kit $2.25 from the Dollar Store.
1-1/2 Lbs of 80/20 ground beef instead of the usual 1 Lb recommended.
1 X Tub of really fresh chunky salsa from the refrigerated section of the grocery. Get the kind that is very, very thick.
1 X bag (8 or 16 Oz) shredded cheese. Any kind you like. Me, I like Sharp Cheddar.

Brown and drain the ground beef and add the contents of BOTH the powdered seasoning AND the Taco sauce that comes with the kit.

When the meat is ready, fill the taco shells with desired amount of meat, top with cheese and put on a try standing up and put in a toaster oven set at 350 F for 5 minutes. to melt the cheese.

Remove from oven and then use a fork or slotted spoon ( you are after the chunks of the good stuff not the sauce) to add the salsa to cover the cheese in your taco's.

Pert near took longer to write this than it does to make the freaking Tacos!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If there is no medical reasoning behind the bitching then she can cook her own food. Or just cook her boiled chicken and steamed veg in one pot. I personally would do that and them throw it in a blender for a nice puree.

She's not being mean. She doesn't really bitch about the cooking, just won't eat if it's too salty or spicy. She's got dementia, so I'm not going to purposely mistreat her.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I was thinking along these lines, but I'd probably just put in a good stock of Campbell's soup, and serve her that for every meal, if she's gonna bitch about what's provided. If I go to the trouble to fix something delicious, bitching is not tolerated. Hence my comment to my son "Ok, don't eat it. Starve." He never starved -- we always had SOMETHING he could eat, even if he had to fix himself a cheese sandwich. But he learned not to complain about what mom puts on the table.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She's not being mean. She doesn't really bitch about the cooking, just won't eat if it's too salty or spicy. She's got dementia, so I'm not going to purposely mistreat her.
Christ.
OK I get it now, and seriously it will get to a point you will no longer be able to care for her do to the dementia. Have a fall back plan when it gets to that point.
What may help delay it is increasing the good fats, like coconut oil.
Eggs cooked in butter, and whole milk.

They are finding a connection if lack of fats and colestrol adversely affects cognitive function, along with inflammation.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are finding a connection if lack of fats and colestrol adversely affects cognitive function, along with inflammation.

Man, I seriously hope that turns out not to be true; thx to my damned gallstones, I've had to eat a fairly low-fat diet for years, with almost zero cholesterol -- just can't digest it, it makes me terribly sick for 3-4 days. I do try to eat the good fats, but have to be REALLY careful with cholesterol, and not go terribly hogwild with any fats.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, I seriously hope that turns out not to be true; thx to my damned gallstones, I've had to eat a fairly low-fat diet for years, with almost zero cholesterol -- just can't digest it, it makes me terribly sick for 3-4 days. I do try to eat the good fats, but have to be REALLY careful with cholesterol, and not go terribly hogwild with any fats.

Andria
Oh I know in the same boat BUT found a solution I will pm the link of what I use and can enjoy the hell out of stuff without having the dumping and explosive results.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh I know in the same boat BUT found a solution I will pm the link of what I use and can enjoy the hell out of stuff without having the dumping and explosive results.

That's not the kind of sick I mean -- I mean pain and horrible nausea for 3-4 days, since my gallbladder can't secrete enough bile to process cholesterol properly, so it goes thru my digestive tract undigested. Thx to IBS, it takes that long to leave me after I eat it. I can handle small amounts, like the eggs in baked goods, even a tiny bit of egg yolk in the egg white, for flavor, and small amounts of very lean beef... but anything more than that, and I suffer. And even good fats, if I get crazy, cause me problems -- I love peanut butter to DEATH, but have to be careful, or I get that pain in my upper-right abdomen that goes right thru to my back.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's not the kind of sick I mean -- I mean pain and horrible nausea for 3-4 days, since my gallbladder can't secrete enough bile to process cholesterol properly, so it goes thru my digestive tract undigested. Thx to IBS, it takes that long to leave me after I eat it. I can handle small amounts, like the eggs in baked goods, even a tiny bit of egg yolk in the egg white, for flavor, and small amounts of very lean beef... but anything more than that, and I suffer. And even good fats, if I get crazy, cause me problems -- I love peanut butter to DEATH, but have to be careful, or I get that pain in my upper-right abdomen that goes right thru to my back.

Andria
Same boat and I sent you that link.
Eggs, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, french fries, chips, popcorn with butter, cheese etc no issue.

Without those mct and LCT oils and fats you are missing out on certain fat soluble vitamins that are needed for proper functioning.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loves me some curry. Curried scallops. Curried chicken. Curried beans. I can't make scrambled eggs without dashing in some curry powder. Yum.

My wife's family is Indian-Jamaican. I live in a country where 55% of the population is Indian. I've been to Thailand at least once a year since 1998. I hate curry...lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not so quick chicken soup.
Crockpot
half an onion sliced thin.
4 good sized chicken thighs.
cover in stock. I use pacific brand low sodium.
2-4 bay leaves
dash of fish sauce.
Cover and put on high for 2 hours.
Remove thighs and let cool to skin and debone.

Dice 1-2 chicken breasts toss in stock add frozen peppers, celery and garlic and carrots.
Dill or parsley optional
Debone and skin the thighs and add back into pot let cook on low for 4 more hours.
Juice from a can of crushed or tidbit pineapple. Add pineapple at end.
3-4 good sized mushrooms.

Serve over rice noodles or cooked egg noodles.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fuck it I vote make her loaf and add no flavor what so ever to it.
The Recipe for Nutraloaf

Each meal contains 996 calories for a total of 2,988 calories per day.

INGREDIENTS:

• 6 slices Whole Wheat Bread, finely chopped
  • 4 ounces Non-dairy Cheese, finely grated
  • 4 ounces Raw Carrots, finely grated
  • 12 ounces Spinach, canned, drained
  • 4 ounces Seedless Raisins
  • 2 cups Great Northern Beans, cooked and drained
  • 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 6 ounces Tomato Paste
  • 8 ounces Milk, powdered, instant nonfat/skim
  • 6 ounces Potato Flakes, dehydrated
PREPARATION:

The above mixture will be divided into 3 loaves, providing 1 loaf per meal.

Mix all ingredients together in a 12-quart stainless steel mixing bowl. Make sure wet items are drained. Ingredients may be kneaded with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or mixed with a spoon. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Form loaf in glazed bread pan. It is suggested that the loaf pan be placed in the oven on a sheet pan containing water. This will help keep the bottom of the loaf from burning. Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. The loaf will start to pull away from the side of the bread pan when baking is completed.
In the long wonderful stream of profanity you have so generously graced us with..that recepie stands perhaps as the most disgusting utterance I've ever heard you deliver.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife's family is Indian-Jamaican. I live in a country where 55% of the population is Indian. I've been to Thailand at least once a year since 1998. I hate curry...lol.
Thai curries are not Indian curries I don't like them..nobody uses spices like Indians.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thai curries are not Indian curries I don't like them..nobody uses spices like Indians.
In general I loathe the pre digested baby crap they call food.
May taste good, and smell good, but looks and texture... hell no.

Other curries are mind blowing.

Been venturing into Pho, Thai and fusion.

The latest find I have abusing food wise is the Thai rice noodles.
Boil water and 3 minutes you got decent noodles, add low sodium broth with fresh veg and a protein and or an egg and you got a bowl of goodness that is inexpensive and about a trillion times better for you than ramen.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In general I loathe the pre digested baby crap they call food.
May taste good, and smell good, but looks and texture... hell no.

Other curries are mind blowing.

Been venturing into Pho, Thai and fusion.

The latest find I have abusing food wise is the Thai rice noodles.
Boil water and 3 minutes you got decent noodles, add low sodium broth with fresh veg and a protein and or an egg and you got a bowl of goodness that is inexpensive and about a trillion times better for you than ramen.
India is a huuuuge fucking country, with a long history of different ethnic influences, and the cuisine changes alot from state to state..unfortunately the stuff we get here is usually pretty damn bad.and simple..after all they are catering to Americans who in general have little to zero knowledge of Indian cuisine...if a resturaunt caters to other Indians then you get a much higher quality of cooking ...my first wife was from Paris and like all french people she was pretty passionate about food, but Indians are just as bad as the french...you get a group of Indians together of any caste or class, or educatuional background and eventually the talk turns to food, they are as passionate about food as the french and their cuisine is as broad and varied as french cuisine if not more so.There is no other culture that comes close to the use and knowledge of cooking with spices that India has perfected over the mellinium, but it a set of flavors that is very forgein to the Western pallette....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
India is a huuuuge fucking country, with a long history of different ethnic influences, and the cuisine changes alot from state to state..unfortunately the stuff we get here is usually pretty damn bad.and simple..after all they are catering to Americans who in general have little to zero knowledge of Indian cuisine...if a resturaunt caters to other Indians then you get a much higher quality of cooking ...my first wife was from Paris and like all french people she was pretty passionate about food, but Indians are just as bad as the french...you get a group of Indians together of any caste or class, or educatuional background and eventually the talk turns to food, they are as passionate about food as the french and their cuisine is as broad and varied as french cuisine if not more so.There is no other culture that comes close to the use and knowledge of cooking with spices that India has perfected over the mellinium, but it a set of flavors that is very forgein to the Western pallette....
Not talking spices, they are good I am talking about the texture and visuals leave something to be desired like actual food.
I got a bunch of recipes from an Indian guy, only used a couple that turned out well. Protip for cooking Indian is use fresh spices and grind your own fresh.

Garam Marsala is easy enough to make but finding the mango powder is tough.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not talking spices, they are good I am talking about the texture and visuals leave something to be desired like actual food.
I got a bunch of recipes from an Indian guy, only used a couple that turned out well. Protip for cooking Indian is use fresh spices and grind your own fresh.

Garam Marsala is easy enough to make but finding the mango powder is tough.
learning how to cook with spices is hard I had to have my mother in law show me,If you try and learn Indian cooking from a book you are in for alot of trial and error.... and I'm a damn good cook, but Indian cooking was a whole new ball game compared to French and Italian and spainish.....we don't grow up in the west using alot of these spices we are not used to it we don't know how things go together ...it's like when you go into a chinese resuarant and there is a bunch of mexicans in the kitchen cooking...the food taste like shit it doesn't taste Chinese...or Koreans who run a burrito shop.
I know what you mean about how things look the aesthetic, but I think that's because maybe you haven't had the chance to eat at resaurants that cater more to Indians...usually you get this fucking curry in a jar shit that they mix in with chicken or lamb,,,alot of Indian resauaunts don't make their own curries they buy big jars of premade curries..and then Dal is a staple of Indian cooking it is like our soup or stew it is the food of the farmer and worker though some Dals are jewels of Indian cuisine....here I'll post some things that give you an idea of stuff that doesn't look like baby shit.

2d8d337cc4ed5fb9a0c5c1f375ac56f7.jpg

dsc00101.jpg

Onion_Dosa.jpg

The thing I found wierd about Indian cooking is they don't really have alot of salads...raw vegetables.I found out it was because they have alot of diseases that are water or soil born ..so they cook everything......for mango powder (AMCHUR) alot of cooks will substitute with lemon juice.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
learning how to cook with spices is hard I had to have my mother in law show me,If you try and learn Indian cooking from a book you are in for alot of trial and error.... and I'm a damn good cook, but Indian cooking was a whole new ball game compared to French and Italian and spainish.....we don't grow up in the west using alot of these spices we are not used to it we don't know how things go together ...it's like when you go into a chinese resuarant and there is a bunch of mexicans in the kitchen cooking...the food taste like shit it doesn't taste Chinese...or Koreans who run a burrito shop.
I know what you mean about how things look the aesthetic, but I think that's because maybe you haven't had the chance to eat at resaurants that cater more to Indians...usually you get this fucking curry in a jar shit that they mix in with chicken or lamb,,,alot of Indian resauaunts don't make their own curries they buy big jars of premade curries..and then Dal is a staple of Indian cooking it is like our soup or stew it is the food of the farmer and worker though some Dals are jewels of Indian cuisine....here I'll post some things that give you an idea of stuff that doesn't look like baby shit.

2d8d337cc4ed5fb9a0c5c1f375ac56f7.jpg

dsc00101.jpg

Onion_Dosa.jpg

The thing I found wierd about Indian cooking is they don't really have alot of salads...raw vegetables.I found out it was because they have alot of diseases that are water or soil born ..so they cook everything......for mango powder (AMCHUR) alot of cooks will substitute with lemon juice.
Also why tea is still a major staple.
Amchur is amchur, lemon juice is like subbing an vue for a dna mod. But a good Naan and Garam Marsala is pretty much equal to Hummus and pita.

Have been more into Thai and Korean as of late with some Vietnamese thrown in. Slight differences between them but pretty much a ton of cross over.
Chinese was a staple for many years when Yan can cook was on and Tomato beef is still a favorite.
Still thrown down with Mediterranean and southern Italian cuisine since it IS in the blood.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amchur is amchur, lemon juice is like subbing an vue for a dna mod. But a good Naan and Garam Marsala is pretty much equal to Hummus and pita.

Have been more into Thai and Korean as of late with some Vietnamese thrown in. Slight differences between them but pretty much a ton of cross over.
Chinese was a staple for many years when Yan can cook was on and Tomato beef is still a favorite.
Still thrown down with Mediterranean and southern Italian cuisine since it IS in the blood.
Loved that Yan can cook dude..he was a hoot. and a great cook.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

As a Korean, I take great offense at that. Authentic Korean cuisine is very different from authentic Thai or Vietnamese. :p

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
What have you done to treat your gallstones? have you done any liver/gallbladder flushes?or anything else.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah Italian cooking I consider one of the greatest of the world cusines without doubt..it is really ingredient focused, healthier than alot of cuisines, and shows a tremendous respect for food. I like Calabrian food they have some great recepies, But all of Italy has a common thread of making food that really showcases the best of what their ingrdents can do.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As a Korean, I take great offense at that. Authentic Korean cuisine is very different from authentic Thai or Vietnamese. :p
Now IF i could find a Kimchi than did not have shellfish I would be in heaven.

VU Sponsors