Become a Patron!

Golden Oreo Cheesecake

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont see any cheesecake flavoring in the recipe, just the graham. Is that right? I never clicked on this thread because I dont like the cheescake flavoring in my vape. I love graham cracker/crust flavoring tho. This recipe along with GOC are going in my cart. Thank you.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont see any cheesecake flavoring in the recipe, just the graham. Is that right? I never clicked on this thread because I dont like the cheesecake flavoring in my vape. I love graham cracker/crust flavoring tho. This recipe along with GOC are going in my cart. Thank you.

TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) has BOTH the cheesecake "filling" & graham cracker crust, which is different than just the cheesecake flavoring. The TFA CC (GC) is WAY better. The other option for cheesecake would be to use HIC's homemade cheesecake/crust recipe & then add in your strawberry, blueberry, raspberry flavors etc. I plan on trying that cheesecake/crust out soon on my Raspberry Cheesecake recipe, for which I usually use the TFA CCGC.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As Howard Hughes said, it's both, for some people, but I really only used that flavoring for the floofy that it gives. I don't taste your average cheesecake from it, you really don't taste cheesecake in this mix. It's honestly more a cookie, than anything. If you do decide to mix it, I hope you like it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Just Frank, I was on a quick break at work last night, sorry I couldn't get into a whole lot of detail, but if you haven't ordered yet and feel iffy about it, I'd be happy to send you a sample size of the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust. Then if you don't like the flavoring, you're not stuck with something you don't like. I'm sure we all have enough of those around, lol.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank, I was on a quick break at work last night, sorry I couldn't get into a whole lot of detail, but if you haven't ordered yet and feel iffy about it, I'd be happy to send you a sample size of the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust. Then if you don't like the flavoring, you're not stuck with something you don't like. I'm sure we all have enough of those around, lol.
Wow, thank you for the offer. I'm gunna look but I think I have it. I ordered things for like five recipes. I think it was called for in a strawberry cream I made a week ago. I appreciate the offer, thats very nice of you.

What turned me off (to cheesecake) was a flavor I got maybe a year ago. I ordered from verde valley and tried blueberry cheesecake. That particular flavor was just kinda gross to me. I had a 100MLs of it. My third order from BullCity contained some free samples. One of them was TFA-Cheesecake. I smelled it and gagged. I decided it wasn't for me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, thank you for the offer. I'm gunna look but I think I have it. I ordered things for like five recipes. I think it was called for in a strawberry cream I made a week ago. I appreciate the offer, thats very nice of you.

What turned me off (to cheesecake) was a flavor I got maybe a year ago. I ordered from verde valley and tried blueberry cheesecake. That particular flavor was just kinda gross to me. I had a 100MLs of it. My third order from BullCity contained some free samples. One of them was TFA-Cheesecake. I smelled it and gagged. I decided it wasn't for me.
OK, just let me know :) I've swapped flavors with several people here, so I promise, I won't stalk you, LOL!

TFA makes a plain cheesecake. Highly different from the Graham Crust version. As to Verde Valley, I don't know what brand they use, I've never tried theirs, and there are so many manufacturers these days, it's become hard to keep up, lol. With the Graham Crust, I get a mild, floofy, lightly sweet taste, that's good on it's own, to me, but really nice paired with a fruit, or other, then in mixes, it can really add a nice touch to bakery vapes and even cream them up a tad..

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, just let me know :) I've swapped flavors with several people here, so I promise, I won't stalk you, LOL!

TFA makes a plain cheesecake. Highly different from the Graham Crust version. As to Verde Valley, I don't know what brand they use, I've never tried theirs, and there are so many manufacturers these days, it's become hard to keep up, lol. With the Graham Crust, I get a mild, floofy, lightly sweet taste, that's good on it's own, to me, but really nice paired with a fruit, or other, then in mixes, it can really add a nice touch to bakery vapes and even cream them up a tad..
I remembered wrong. The sample cheesecake I got was Hangsen (nasty). I found mine TFA-'Cheesecake (Graham Crust)'. It smells good to me. So I just need three more to make this. FA- Meringue, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Classic. I have tfa-meringue but was planning on getting FA soon. The Vanillas I have are Shisha, and swirl. I'll get the right stuff cuz I really want to try this now.:)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remembered wrong. The sample cheesecake I got was Hangsen (nasty). I found mine TFA-'Cheesecake (Graham Crust)'. It smells good to me. So I just need three more to make this. FA- Meringue, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Classic. I have tfa-meringue but was planning on getting FA soon. The Vanillas I have are Shisha, and swirl. I'll get the right stuff cuz I really want to try this now.:)
Just so you know FA Vanilla Classic is also labeled "Madagascar" for when you go hunting for it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good to know, thanks. I noticed FA has a bunch of those weird names.
Though I haven't tried it myself, I've heard that TFA is pretty comparable*, so don't feel like you have to make an extra purchase on that flavor.

*Long story short, it seemed that FA changed the way their Meringue tastes. Many noticed that it took on a deeper baked flavor, and in some recipes, that did matter, but in one like this, I can't say that it would. HIC had tried the TFA version and found it suitable for what the original FA tasted like. So, really, unless you simply prefer to have the FA Meringue on hand, you don't need to for this recipe. With it being such a small measure in this mix, I call it an either/or, if that makes sense.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good to know, thanks. I noticed FA has a bunch of those weird names.
Some sort of weird Italian law regarding names is what I've heard. If it isn't a natural flavor they can't call it what it is. Since FA is based in Italy they gotta go with the flow. Madagascar does make sense in this case as that is one of the islands where vanilla is grown. The island of Bourbon is another, therefor FA Bourbon is another vanilla. I prefer to think Kentucky bourbon whiskey. Useless trivia for today...

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet Shisha Vanilla would work. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I've got 20ml in my shopping cart right now so I'll know soon enough. The shisha line is strong, so you could start with half the stated amount and work from there.

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I make it with Shisha Vanilla...

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vanilla Shisha brings more of that sweet vanilla icing type note so I like it in cookie recipes. Think I used 1.5%. Too much can be distracting. This is such a solid recipe and I mix it so often I like to change it up for some variety.

Thanks. I ordered some yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it with this recipe.

DixieChick

Member For 4 Years
This was not meant to be a clone of a very popular eliquid made by a popular vendor. I've not tried theirs, so have no idea what it tastes like. I just like cookies and cheesecake.

TFA Cheesecake Graham 3-4% (provides fluff)
FA Vanilla Classic 2%
FA Cookie 2%
FA Meringue 0.5%
FA Fresh Cream 0.5% (Caps Sweet Cream is fine)
TFA Brown Sugar 0.5% (***contains custard notes)

This is the original recipe made sometime early 2014. It's very sweet, mellows out nicely after a couple days, very cookie, very vanilla. My taste buds have changed since I made this, back then.

Very strong flavoring, adjust (decrease) to your taste.

ETA: Reducing the Fresh Cream and Meringue to 0.25% cuts some of the sweetness and brings the Vanilla Classic out a bit more. My ever-changing taste buds... :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Lighter version for anyone sensitive to strong flavoring, and how I prefer it these days, myself.
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2-3% (provides fluff)
FA Vanilla Classic 1-1.5%
FA Cookie 0.5-1%
FA Meringue 0.25% or leave out completely!! (I sometimes use one drop in 30ml)
FA Fresh Cream 0.25% (Caps Sweet Cream is fine)
TFA Brown Sugar 0.25% (***contains custard notes)

If you're sensitive to acetyl pyrazine, the flavor that smells like corn chips, you'll want to keep the Cookie OR the Cheesecake Graham on the lower side.

Shake and vape is really sweet, melds into more of a creamy vanilla bakery flavor after a few days.

The whole reason I ordered cookie was because I adore your Golden Oreo Cheesecake but they left it off my order! If I absolutely had to sub FA Cookie in the recipe what would I use? I'm still so new it's almost embarrassing but I've got Biscuit and Sugar Cookie and AP. Can't think of what else might work here and I'm so dosappointed I don't have my cookie!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just so you know huck BCF had a big batch of this mixed up in the office community vape shelf, well an almost empty batch guessing it was good ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The whole reason I ordered cookie was because I adore your Golden Oreo Cheesecake but they left it off my order! If I absolutely had to sub FA Cookie in the recipe what would I use? I'm still so new it's almost embarrassing but I've got Biscuit and Sugar Cookie and AP. Can't think of what else might work here and I'm so dosappointed I don't have my cookie!
Of the 2, I'd go for biscuit, but I'd use just a bit less. I find it really strong. I hope it works out for you, ok. Plus if you contacted then, I KNOW they'll make it right at BCF. Really good people there.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

if you contacted then, I KNOW they'll make it right at BCF. Really good people there.

ya I bet if you email them tonight you will have one in the mail tomorrow :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I would only use 0.5-1% Biscuit, like Huck says Biscuit is stronger than Cookie.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huck just FYI I didn't think much of it 6 days after mix and let it sit for two weeks and BAM! Mixed 170ml tonight and it will be one of my go to juices.... thanks! Didn't know if it got better with age because I went through the 60ml's in two days:)
Whew! I'm glad that worked out ok for you. For me, fresh mixed, I may as well be eating a bowl of sugar. After 4 days, I can start to taste the differences, but like you, the longer it sits, the more I do like it. Happy you were able to enjoy it, thanks!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made 60MLs on August 1st. So I held off for twenty-four days. I made a new set-up on a Griffin 22 a bit ago. I am REALLY liking this stuff! It's different from my norms. I've had a steady diet of Grack Juice, Bronuts, and Sweet Strawberry Cream. This one is a gem! Its going right into my main rotation.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made 60MLs on August 1st. So I held off for twenty-four days. I made a new set-up on a Griffin 22 a bit ago. I am REALLY liking this stuff! It's different from my norms. I've had a steady diet of Grack Juice, Bronuts, and Sweet Strawberry Cream. This one is a gem! Its going right into my main rotation.
Thank you Just Frank :) I remember you saying you're not a fan of cheesecake, so I'm really glad that worked out for you! The TFA Cheesecake Graham is a super useful flavoring in so many ways. It's one of the few that I order in a 120ml.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the missing flavor. (It arrived today). I plan on mixing 240ml and sending it to SIL. I will make 120mL for bro with 2mg/mL of nic. I'm making a sample tester for myself. (30mL) Really love the recipe card from BSF.
I changed my mind and made myself 60ml. I really love cheesecake and so far the mix smells wonderful. I hope I don't use the vanilla classic in the kitchen again. :) I use my flavorings in the kitchen sometimes and forget to reorder. I'm sending off two big bottles to the family in MO.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I changed my mind and made myself 60ml. I really love cheesecake and so far the mix smells wonderful. I hope I don't use the vanilla classic in the kitchen again. :) I use my flavorings in the kitchen sometimes and forget to reorder. I'm sending off two big bottles to the family in MO.
i've done the same. It's such a good vanilla :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good shake and vape. I'm going to make more since I can't stop vaping this. I made the recipe without deviation. This time I might add 0.5% of Inawera cookie (I have a full bottle) and 1.5% of the FA cookie. Right now it's sweet and delicious. Just need the cookie to come forward a bit (which I know it will) after a few more days. Good recipe Huck!

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good shake and vape. I'm going to make more since I can't stop vaping this. I made the recipe without deviation. This time I might add 0.5% of Inawera cookie (I have a full bottle) and 1.5% of the FA cookie. Right now it's sweet and delicious. Just need the cookie to come forward a bit (which I know it will) after a few more days. Good recipe Huck!
Wait for a couple weeks BAM ;):banana:

VU Sponsors