Become a Patron!

Going retro suggestions(small handsfree vape)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, spring is here and I find myself wanting to break out my old cigalike with all it's flaws. Short battery life, sucky carto. It has one trait that I find very desireable at times. Hands free vaping while I work.

I honestly haven't looked to see what, if anything, is on the market other than shitty Vuse or Blu that I won't buy that would fit the bill. I would buy, either together or separately, a small battery plus decent small tank to keep in my teeth while working.

Anybody that has worked with a cig in their mouth knows what I'm talking about. I want that in a vape. It doesn't have to be perfect. Is retro the only option other than the big tobacco crap? If it is, just consider this a request for one or more of the vape manufacturers to fill the void. :cool:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen nothing other than the old 510-style cigalikes so far as auto-fire goes...but it seems like I used to see complaints all the time about gusts of wind causing them to fire at random - not so much the last few years, though I haven't even tried any of the new Big Tobacco devices flooding local gas stations.

If you find something, be sure to share it - I'm just not sure you can get any bigger than a cigalike and still have something comfortable hanging from your mouth - I gave up on that ideal even with the weight of a tiny 510 stick battery.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only decent option I can think of to achieve what you want is the Joyetech eRoll - and that's not even a very good option in the first place.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So, spring is here and I find myself wanting to break out my old cigalike with all it's flaws. Short battery life, sucky carto. It has one trait that I find very desireable at times. Hands free vaping while I work.

I honestly haven't looked to see what, if anything, is on the market other than shitty Vuse or Blu that I won't buy that would fit the bill. I would buy, either together or separately, a small battery plus decent small tank to keep in my teeth while working.

Anybody that has worked with a cig in their mouth knows what I'm talking about. I want that in a vape. It doesn't have to be perfect. Is retro the only option other than the big tobacco crap? If it is, just consider this a request for one or more of the vape manufacturers to fill the void. :cool:

I haven't used these, but at least they're more capacity than the ones you mention: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...0mah-automatic-rechargeable-battery-for-ego-e

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have always hear the eroll is top of the line as far as cigalikes go. I have never used one.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The eRoll is a good cigalike, but a terrible electronic cigarette - the same way a 80cc scooter is a good moped, but a terrible motorcycle. Vapor production is marginal to put it mildly, air flow is extremely tight, and it leaks around the base ring. The heads don't last all that long either. All in all, you're probably better off with a carto and a 510 battery (if these things still exist).

But I will say this:

1/ It's automatic, with replaceable heads and separate tanks. That's not so common in this format.
2/ The charging case is well designed, solid, rather stylish imho, and it makes the eRoll a viable proposition for a day's worth of (light) vaping.
3/ It was my first electronic cigarette, and it got me off cigarettes. Just for that, it has a special place in my heart :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is what I started with 3 years ago... They still make them and the cartridges to go with them. They don't have the best customer service... But I don't know of anywhere else you can get these for this cheap.

http://shop.westsidevapor.com/Starter-kits-k1.htm

13486231830301070537945.jpeg
1348622085344-883236923.jpeg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The eRoll does look like it would be a decent outfit but, oh my, pricey. I wouldn't mind pricey but with the intended use I'm thinking breaking them is a factor. I won't be replacing my current set up, I just want to add a small device for times when a guy needs to put the mod down and get dirty. Working on the car, mowing the lawn with my old lawnmower that takes two hands to drive, etc. Those are the times I miss having a lit cig hanging from mouth. :oops:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I started with 3 years ago... They still make them and the cartridges to go with them. They don't have the best customer service... But I don't know of anywhere else you can get these for this cheap.

http://shop.westsidevapor.com/Starter-kits-k1.htm

13486231830301070537945.jpeg
1348622085344-883236923.jpeg

I still have a couple that are simular to that from my first go with vaping and I think they still work. RN4081 batteries and atomizers. I even have a couple unused atomizers. They actually work pretty good when I just drip on them but the cartridges suck. I'd probably stick with them but it's getting harder and costlier to find atomizers.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I bet we come with something satisfactory.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started on v2cigs a few years back. Very nice carto cigalike type and fairly inexpensive. It got me off cigs and i happily vaped it for a little over 2 years so i def vouch for them. You can get strong mouth to lung inhales but nowhere near a lung inhale.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eRoll is worth every penny and durable! Love that thing and used it for years. Actually pulled it out the other day and fiddled with it. Hit's way harder than your standard cigalike which is 3.3V...eRoll is constant 3.7V. You can find them in sale/clearance on sites sometimes. I'll post back here if I run into a good deal on one.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Those could work out.

4.19 for a 5pc isn't too bad. I paid almost $10 for 2 RN4081 atomizers last year. Cheapest I could find.

I used these for almost 8 months, Time.. and think i might just pick up a few more packs..
never know.. I might want that straight tube effect on something... but they do work.. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I started on v2cigs a few years back. Very nice carto cigalike type and fairly inexpensive. It got me off cigs and i happily vaped it for a little over 2 years so i def vouch for them. You can get strong mouth to lung inhales but nowhere near a lung inhale.

wow.. i picked up a v2 mis summer last year.. funny thing is now i can't find it..
wonder if I pif'd it or something.. :(

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I still have a couple that are simular to that from my first go with vaping and I think they still work. RN4081 batteries and atomizers. I even have a couple unused atomizers. They actually work pretty good when I just drip on them but the cartridges suck. I'd probably stick with them but it's getting harder and costlier to find atomizers.
Those are not 408's... they are 510's... any 510 clearo works on them :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Damn Pami, that is the same place and the same gear that got me started as well!

Small world:D
Wow!... you ain't kiddin' :D

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In fact id still be using v2 cartos if they didnt start getting sloppy with the shipping. Thats when i decided id go into a local vape shop and have been dripping since. Once n a while id get some burned cartos and id hit it like i was hitting a joint, but was still good enough to get me off smoking cigs. Plus 20 bucks would get me 10 prefilled cartos and would last me about a week, i spend moré than that in juice now. I still have the one piece that you could attach via usb and vape directly from the power source haha that was the shit.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaper4life.com was my go to when I was in 808D cigalike land. They are still in business and have all kinds of new things now as automatics. They were excellent with shipping and customer service back in the day. They ran sales with coupons included in their email newsletter that brought the prices way down.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Vaper4life.com was my go to when I was in 808D cigalike land. They are still in business and have all kinds of new things now as automatics. They were excellent with shipping and customer service back in the day. They ran sales with coupons included in their email newsletter that brought the prices way down.

that domain is for sale..

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'd need some pretty strong lips to hold those ego sized pens hands free.

I've been using the Halo G-6 as a hands free device. I'm now changing over to the Kanger T4 with the 510 thread. I got a starter kit from Blackhat Vapor Co with 5 Kanger T-4s, two manual 280 mah batteries, a usb and wall plug charger and a case for about $15. The Kanger T-4 minis draw easier than the G-6s and hopefully won't leak like the like the Halo G-6s occasionally did. Tonight I ordered a couple of Joyetech 510/510-T XL automatic batteries from My Freedom Smokes. I'm thinking they will mount up to the T-4s without any problems.
In an eight to nine hour work day I would be on my third G-6 tank and battery. It hasn't been that much of a hassle to change the G-6 battery or tank when either one would run out. I keep the tanks and batteries dissambled in an Altoid mint tin and just flip open the tin and grab whichever one was needed and change it out. Just takes thirty seconds to change the tank or battery and the Altoid tin is smaller than a pack of analogs. I think it's actually less hassle than smoking analogs. Works for me.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the Halo G-6 as a hands free device. I'm now changing over to the Kanger T4 with the 510 thread. I got a starter kit from Blackhat Vapor Co with 5 Kanger T-4s, two manual 280 mah batteries, a usb and wall plug charger and a case for about $15. The Kanger T-4 minis draw easier than the G-6s and hopefully won't leak like the like the Halo G-6s occasionally did. Tonight I ordered a couple of Joyetech 510/510-T XL automatic batteries from My Freedom Smokes. I'm thinking they will mount up to the T-4s without any problems.
In an eight to nine hour work day I would be on my third G-6 tank and battery. It hasn't been that much of a hassle to change the G-6 battery or tank when either one would run out. I keep the tanks and batteries dissambled in an Altoid mint tin and just flip open the tin and grab whichever one was needed and change it out. Just takes thirty seconds to change the tank or battery and the Altoid tin is smaller than a pack of analogs. I think it's actually less hassle than smoking analogs. Works for me.

Thanks for that. Just the experience I was looking for.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'd need some pretty strong lips to hold those ego sized pens hands free.

That was my experience back in my Joyetech 510 days. It was the same size as an analog, but it was so much heavier that I never found it comfortable to keep in my mouth without holding it with my hand as well. While a regular smoke would just hang there from my mouth effortlessly, the 510 required me to hold it so tightly with my lips that it became instantly uncomfortable. YMMV, as always.

VU Sponsors