Become a Patron!

Gmod(?) Cronus 26650 Firing Switch Disassembly

Aloha, I recently bought on eBay a Cronus 26650, not sure of the make but it looks same as those pictures of the GMod 26650 Cronus (similar to the pictures found on this page: https://www.fasttech.com/product/1744004-cronus-style-telescoping-mechanical-mod).

Recently I had an accident where the firing pin came a bit loose and contacted the bottom of the battery when I set the mod down on it's end. I discovered it before burning the coil and wick (20g 8/4 wraps with rayon), however not before causing the spring in the switch to completely collapse and fail. It now wont prevent the firing pin from contacting the battery when it's upside down nor will it push the button/pin away from the battery unless it has gravity assist which only occurs when the mod is straight vertical or I assist it with a single short, sharp dropping motion. Not good at all.

What's worse is that the locking pin is the ONE part that's not a copy of the original. Instead of a recessed hex end screw-in stud, it LOOKS like a simple pin pressed in. I still havent figured out how to get the bloody pin out! It wont turn, it wont pull out, it wont move at all. Anyone know how to get it OUT??? The cronus is one of my fave mods, I have both this one and a (MUCH better) EHPro 18650 1:1 clone. Short of having to buy another 26650 Cronus anyone know how to get that stupid pin out? I need to get that worthless spring out and convert the switch to a magnet.

Another option I'm considering is swapping the switch for another mod's assembly. I've already confirmed that the Panzer 26650 bottom switch is not compatible, threads slightly different thread pitch and maybe a tiny bit larger.

I'm willing to try any option. Get pin out and replace with a stud/screw, to enable repair or replace switch assembly with a compatible mod. I dont really care whether it completely matches as long as it WORKS!

Any help is appreciated! Mahalo!
-Lanaka

VU Sponsors